Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

A place to monitor the unreal, the bizarre, the slack-jawed...

Views: 879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Lowest Common Denominator Continues to Plummet

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/38776

Tell me - how do you guys get it right to put links in your posts with your own text over the link?
lemme see if I can explain it..........

"how do you guys get it right to put links in your posts with your own text over the link?"

that was already backasswards but I'm only expecting an E for effort.

Write bla bla text. Go back and mark any part of that text......for example these words.

But first, before marking those words, get your URL in the buffer by doing a Ctrl-C.

Mark the words / click on the "link" button above the text entry field...it looks like an infinity sign.

Or, as the Ning FAQ puts it:

To make text in your blog post into a clickable link, highlight the text you want to be linked and click the “Insert a Link” icon in the toolbar. This button looks like a chain link. In the box that pops up, type the URL you want the text to link to. Once you save your text box or blog post, anyone can use the link.

I hope this helps.

curt
Thanks Curt. I tried doing that with my last link but the words didn't go blue like they should ... I will try it again in time. I think the step I missed out was highlighting the words before pressing the 'link' button.
gotta say... i thought this "amusement park" shit was satire at first... followed the links- it is not satire. but it should be. we have two populations living in parallel universes... right now i would say it's about 30% on each end. The polarization is incredible- and it has all the makings of another civil war... as soon as each "side" has enough markers to identify the other.

Look at the fucking brutality... and the 30% that says tut tut yas yas (until it affects them personally).. but out of those I'd say we got about 10% hardcore NAZIs... who would gladly stuff you into a gas chamber for interfering with the people who pay them. "Company People" who don't yet realize there IS NO "Company," just looters in suits who use them to enforce the status-quo/

OTOH... here's somebody I think has FINALLY fucking figured it out: http://mysticprairie.net/index.php What will happen to him when he encounters fallen-off nazi zombies from the twin-cities suburbs searching for food is anybody's guess.

Today I hit a 2-foot-deep pothole that flattened 2 tires and possibly broke a wheel. Building Disneyland in Bhagdad and can't fix the fucking potholes. Now the internet is flicking in and out... some kinda electrical shit in the basement that cant be fixed by retripping the circuit breakers... which means it's over my head.

Life is hard... and then you die.
Tell Dom thanks from BO. Wish I had had the strength--as a parent--to save my own kid from the 'tube'. No doubt, your parents did you a favor.
Kellogg's and Lego team up to train children to eat plastic block shaped snacks
Mmmmmmm... edible building materials. Kids these days will ultimately be known as the 'termite' generation.
Or they could be skin-walkers. or wendigo.
How Anti-Intellectualism is Destroying America by Terrence McNally.

This is a book tour interview for The Age of American Unreason with Susan Jacoby that starts strong and has some good points. Kind of fades out towards the end.
where the hell did you dig that up?
Now, now, Curt. Let that person, never guilty of having a disorganized thought, be the one to throw the first stone.

OK, sorry. I just had to try out my new persona.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service