Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

A place to monitor the unreal, the bizarre, the slack-jawed...

Views: 879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe we should figure out how to repatriate to Iceland.

Not a bad idea. Too isolated for mass immigration and they actually had the chutzpa to send their money-changers to jail. And: You can reach just about anywhere in the world from Iceland via a direct flight. Plus, also, too, they have hot springs and scandanavian wimenz who like to get nekkid.

Meanwhile, another rogue Governor applying his austerity measures in Kansas.

Care to comment, Pan?

As I drive from the airport I go past a marker commemorating Brown vs. The Board of Education.  Yes, Toto, we're in Kansas!

The legislature is involved in a fight with the State Supreme Court - in retaliation for having the temerity to suggest that some of their more vicious legislation was unconstitutional, they cut off their funding - and there was an effort to change the way the Court members are appointed.

Fortunately Kansas' backlash against marriage equality isn't quite as absurd as Oklahoma's but it is there.  But, what do you expect when searching through the car radio brings up at least six different Christian stations in the far more "liberal" than the rest of the state college town I live in.

Hannah posts a lot on FB about the vile piece of Brownback and the excrement fouling the legislature.

have chased away the ice on the bird bath with hot water and filled the bowl afresh. watched bluetits hunting bugs on the bare rose.

This my third cup of tea of the day, nearly there, climbing the mast to the crow's nest, set for the day, watching the sunlight folding itself between

looking at the air and the horizon
Attachments:
this morning opened the front door in the dark to watch the rain, shadow in the garden moving, closed the door. Had to look again, the shadow detached from the dark and launched through the gap to my head dreaming on the pillow, and thus one knows it's time for tea again.

http://youtu.be/jgktRDlEcLU

Only a large cup will do, Taylors of Harrowgate Yorkshire tea is excellent. This time of year I heat the mug with boiling water then toss the teabag into the hot cup and fill it two thirds with just boiled water, stir. Wander about a bit, stir. Think. Stir. Add two overflowing teaspoons of rich dark brown sugar, stir, consider. Eventually lift the teabag out, the flavour being well developed by now, put it in the compost, add lots of full cream organic milk, stir and there you are.

Golly, it's time for another already.

Interesting video, Mouse. Thanks.

I guess the only way for me to wrap my head around the middle east conflict, is to compare it to the US's genicide of the American indian for their resources. Only this time, the US has to deal with interference from another faction that also wants control. What a mess.

I suppose that control of the middle east's oil resources would mean the US/west could continue to print endless amounts of money to support its debt. 

And now, the US has managed to convince the Saudies and Turkey to join in the fight. Kind of like hiring one tribe of Indians to kill another. Always a good move when you can convince your friend to fight your enemy for you. We'll have to see how that works out. 

Enjoy your tea. Sounds tasty.

Yorkshire tea! Oh my! Had a Chadwick's Bakery in Horsforth near Leeds where my father hailed from - my Nana was a baker/ confectioner - large strong hands that made Yorkshire & Rice pudding 2nd to NONE. And I grew up on that little song "On Ilkley Moor b'that" - Mouse probably knows it - it's about weathering the moors without a hat, dying of cold, get ten eaten by worms who get eaten by ducks who get eaten by people who will then have eaten you as a result of omitting the hat attire.
yes I know it well, and it's a difficult one to sing with all its ups and downs being too up or down for me, which is a shame, because I really like the satisfaction of the last verse, by which time my voice would be a withered rag, unfit for a triumphant " Then we shall all have eaten thee, eaten thee,
on Ilkley Moor b'aht hat.
Then we shall all have eaten thee...
then we shall all have eaten thee!
On Ilkley Moor baht hat,
on Ilkley Moor baht hat,
on Ilkley Moor baht hat."

My father was from Sheffield, a long line of miners and his father a steel worker. his mother kept a little grocery shop. My mother made very fine Yorkshire Pudding, though she was a Lancashire lass.

I wonder Cal, if your heart is being twisted and turned about within at the terrible injustice that poor King Richard III is being interred in Leicester Cathedral instead of his own home, York. It is a sad business, what with his reputation being all tarnished by those unspeakable Tudors.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service