Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

We don't need another / a new discussion to prove it.

It is as it is.

Let this "fred" (discussion thread) live under the theme .......

long live this family

brothers, sisters, brethern, dogs, cats and birds, ants and flees, water and air and gas and Clare and Jim and him and the window Simm (??) and you and me and he and she and we and them and us and puss (???) and fish and the dish (it's on) and paper and pen.

Yip.

Views: 7015

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haven't figured it out yet but some things work and some don't. I'm amazed I could get a comment in edgewise.

Note to ning bats : fuckerz, never touch a running system ! Or was it a working system ? Either way, don't touch it !
how are you guys getting on to this thread? Everything beyond my last comment redirects. BO- did you put a weird pic in here? i still think it's the upgrade...
Is it working again by chance ?
Okay, accessing this Discussion directly works. Adding comments to it work too.

What does NOT work is to click on a comment from the main page. All that does is put you in a loop and your web browser strikes.

Hmmmmmmm
Testing, testing, one, two, three.
Left such a nice comment last week that got lost. It was another world.

My daughter has been very ill since Tuesday, awful pain. Today she gave birth to a little girl. 6lbs 9ozs and three weeks early. The little one is in the special care baby unit, doing well. My little one, only 20 years old and very brave is still in trouble. They don't know what it is. An epidural was absolutely necessary and wasn't stopped until 6 hours after the birth. Possible surgery tomorrow, possibly appendicitis. She is very tired and hasn't been able to eat for days. Not well enough to see Small, who I am looking after, and who is missing her Mummy very much.
Breaks this old man's heart to read such things.

Sending my best wishes for your daughter and the little ones.
Thank you Bo. She was so happy and healthy this time last week, collecting Christmas decorations to feather her nest. The midwife said her blood tests revealed extremely good health. She was planning a home birth and at first we thought the pain was labour, but that didn't come till last night. Her young man is by her side most of the time. Perhaps she will be better in the morning and we can all laugh at the drama of it all.
Sounds quite possibly like appendicitis especially coming on so suddenly like that ... I do hope it is something that can be fixed and fixed quickly. Thinking of you and sending your family good wishes .... "may the force be with you" !

As you can see I am reconnected to cyberworld. I arrived in my new town on Wednesday afternoon & the telephone company people were here within an hour and got me connected. What did not help matters was that the youngest dog (the one that chews things when she has a lot to think about) chewed up my modem cable. I thought I was lost, but hauled out my leatherman and set about reconnecting the severed wires. Got it all to work again ... quite proud of doing all that without cutting my fingers or electrocuting myself.
Brilliant Cal, I am awestruck.

Have just spoken to my daughter and she sounds much stronger, has eaten a little, tiny bits now and then.
Doctors aren't going to operate, say it can't be appendicitis because she would be dead by now, ha. Well, it was a sticky wicket with the baby in there. Now they're thinking that a muscle, probably part of the uterus, tore and became infected. She's being kept comfortable now with lots of nice painkillers.
Baby is out of special care and with her and daddy. Ah, how different the world is becoming already. We're going to see them around teatime, making cards and sewing buttons on some new slipppers for her. Tra la...
sooo glad to hear she is healing, hope she will recuperate soon. little babe still a good weight for an early birth! good you can be there for her and her little family.

best of wishes for you all!
hannah
Yeah for the newest. Hope your daughter is fine. Lots of spoiling ahead.
I'll second those best wishes.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service