Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Or should I say, evil has become ubiquitous thread.

Some say it's during times like these that we will witness the true character of men.

Well, here's a little snippet from today's news that shows that sometimes when the going gets tough, and the tough are getting going, some of the morally and financially bankrupt assholes that helped jump start the depression think they deserve a Mediterranean cruise. On taxpayer's money no less. Twas then I realized we're going to be seeing a lot more of this. The darker side of human nature...

For insensitivity, Wachovia refuses to be outdone
"While waiting to see if the government will relieve it of bad loans, the bank prepares to send 75 employees on a Mediterranean cruise."

Stick that up your ass, Pelosi and Franks.

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Elephant in the Room. Why is this so fucking hard to understand??
if you HAVE "capital"... you'll be able to buy up all the back-up assets at fire-sale prices. That is, as long as the present "system" stays intact. Those prepared to buy at the fire-sale will also be able to finance all KINDS of shit to preserve the "present (monetary) system."
Here's some spine chilling cynicism, Yuri Bezmenov on the KGB's interest in yoga:

Yuri Bezmenov definitely has his issues. A quick google shows that he has made a career of bad-mouthing the Soviet regime and the KGB. The first clue of his agenda came with his use of the term "fake religion". I believe very little of what he says at face value.
Thank you Pan, whoops.

Hello Lara, how to tell the difference, goodness me. This is a good example of how carefully one must tread amongst the wreckage and the lies. I gather much of what Bezmenov is saying is wishful thinking on his part.
I like this - Capitalism as Organised Narcissism - doesn't that take the biscuit. Oh I wouldn't mind having a wild splurge of experimental creative action in a new direction on that theme, possibly with lace. Can't get the smallest amount of collaboration here in this place with a vast art college and elaborate audiovisual and animation facilities. Probably for the best. Distractions. Distraction.

The sound quality is awful, but well worth listening to due to the quality of the words.

Goldman Sachs ready to hand out £7bn salary and bonus package... after its £6bn bail-out

"Each of the firm's 443 partners is on course to pocket an average Christmas bonus of more than £3million."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1081624/Goldman-S...

The more I hear about shit like this, the more inclined I become to not pay my taxes.

Gotta start a tax revolt website. I don't care if the pig fuckers DO come and get me.

Hope y'all had a nice all hallows even.
Good idea Bo.

Interesting walk home in the dark on all hallows eve, young women who could have shown a little more restraint, calling out lengthy and unnecessary remarks about my clothing and hair (currently in a nice Einstein bob). Then someone filming me on a phone. They were wearing silly costumes and I was dressed for the cold in my old woollen cloak.

I had a dish of sweets but no-one came, so I had to eat them all myself. What fun. Until I had loosened all my fillings with the toffee and thought of all that mercury vapour circulating through the caverns of the skull into my brain, where it adheres to the scar tissue. Fancy a toffee?

Spent an evening with very comfortably off people by mistake. Thought I'd been invited to an artist's demonstration of political energy, but no. He was painting a pretty picture for sale.

Think I may be going to this Blueprint for Truth, Richard Gage in London, on Thursday, if someone else can take the small one to ballet. Have you seen where it is? University College? That's brilliant. I so want to be there, it's a big step in the right direction. And look how beautifully he points his toes.

Loads of good little businesses are slamming against the wall here because UK banks (having been given £500 billion of future taxes from common folk), are calling in their loans. Treachery. Treachery.
Well, even if meaningless, election night is always fun. Especially when there are scandals to be sorted out. What will this year's hanging chads be? My latest avatar is the chad lady herself, Kathleen Harris -- a chad I wouldn't mind seeing hung.

I don't know if I have the energy to vote. Been painting the inside of the house, which prompted re-arranging several rooms. I have a hard time modulating through my manic periods. It's always all or nuttin'. Don't care about who becomes president, but I'd like to weigh-in on the right-to-die law. Not that any law would stop me from offing myself if I felt like it.

Told my wife about my plan to not pay our taxes. I think she thinks I'm kidding. I ain't. I'm gonna document the whole process and write a book or make a documentary. I know a good constitutional lawyer. Maybe I can get Michael Moore interested in making the film. Gonna be my own personal war.

...and now the cops are sodomizing citizens with their walkie-talkies. Damn it's great to be alive. I just gotta make sure when I get my terminal diagnosis, I have enough energy left to take down one evil target on my way out. Damn, there're a ton of them to choose from these days.

Use to play with mercury when I was a kid. I remember breaking open thermometers to get to the stuff. It was neat-o. Shiny, heavy, liquid metal. Like a melted marble. Hope I didn't eat any. Although, if I did, I'm sure it's outta my system by now. OK, maybe not.

I confess: I've been stealing halloween candy from the kid. Now, I'm addicted to Dots.
I was wondering about your avatar - didn't recognize her - mine is a Pokemon because I'm in Poky Town (Pocatello).

Didn't get around to registering to vote. They don't make it easy here. I downloaded the forms - they are right on the desktop - but got distracted by stuff and before you know it we were past the deadline. Feels really weird to not vote - haven't missed one ever before.

So how you gonna vote for Gov? Gregoire is only good when next to Rossi for comparison.
Was thinking about stopping in to vote on my way home from Lowes --needed more paint. And I was thinking, there's nobody I want to vote FOR...all my votes would be cast in order to vote against, essentially, all the republican candidates.

Since Washington state always votes blue anyway, I'll probably cast a vote for Nader.

I know how you feel about not voting. I haven't missed a presidential election vote since I was 18. But, the older and wiser we become, the more futile the exercise seems. Right now, taking a nap seems more important.

zzzzzzzzzzz......
Ah, sleep, refreshing.
Go on, give Nader a pat on the back.

I've painted my workroom the colour of cardboard. It makes life so much easier.

The first time I voted the candidate got in by four votes. Or was it three?

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service