Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

whack purges and the suppression of COTO...

Views: 158

Replies to This Discussion

Fascists never believe that their Night of the Long Knives will come. But it always does.

As Solzhenitsyn wrote, the saying in the Gulag was, "Me today, you tomorrow." Also what goes around comes around and do unto others, etc.

Leser the Lesser thinks that being a political officer for the Dems will protect him. The old Pastor Niehmoller fallacy. Fascism only offers two kinds of jobs, killing other people or digging your own grave. You can buy some time by killing other people, but that's all it amounts to.

It is so sad that Dems go for that lesser evilism BS. I wonder how many have figured out that by voting for Obama because they opposed war, torture, and bailouts, they got expanded wars, more torture, and bigger bailouts. How can increased evil be less evil? "Progressive" must just be another word for dumfuck.
After this post, I gotta put my sympathies up for brother pan. I am on the adjunct margin myself... it is only a matter of time. Meanwhile the COTO melodrama has taken on a deliciously ironic twist. The Rumkowski Factor is glaringly obvious... well... it SHOULD be to anyone who considers themselves a student of the OBVIOUS.

Like Queenie Tiedrich... when there appears to be a slightest shot at "mainstream," with more pop-ups and adbux... it's "knees-up, girls." Let the purges begin. Any agenda or "ideology" here? You betcha... clicks, eyeballs and bux. And here comes the Realpolitik rabble with their bullshit rationalization of "yasbut... without bux, bladda bladda blah." Same goes for the Realpolitik bullshit about "winning elections." You've heard it all before... all the way back to the Council of Nicea and beyond. The rabbits always think they can "make a deal" with the jackals.

In the real world, there is no difference whatsoever between a "Realpolitiker" and a Collaborator.
I got this in an e-mail from OED today :

"Cleaning up OEN and Changing OEN Policy on Edge Topics

Most progressive sites refuse to cover 911 truth and more exotic topics, like UFOs, NWO and conspiracy theories. OEN has covered them and it has brought some problems, particularly a crew of unpleasant, negative commenters who attack just about every article published, particularly ones by higher visibility writers. We've decided to clean things up, so we're cracking down on this crew, holding firmer to rules aganst spamming articles and personal attacks and name calling. The goal is to maintain our open forum for discourse-- a forum that this small group has effectively intimidated and turned off.

That WILL mean some of those spamming, name calling commenters will lose posting privileges to the site (be banned) or lose commenting privileges. We expect that the net result will be a community where the widest range of topics and opinions will be discussed in a civil manner. We're sure that this small group will holler about censorship. They will be free to angrily post their words elsewhere.

We plan to continue publishing solid, well documented and supported articles on all subjects. If the focus is on edgy topics like 911 Truth, UFOs, NWO, JFK or other conspiracy theories, the articles, upon passing the test of new material and documented claims, will be posted to our EDGES hot page: http://www.opednews.com/index.php?hot=8

This is a decision that the OEN senior team has struggled with at length. We believe it is the right thing to do to move OEN in the direction we want it to go-- towards continuing to be a trusted, respected media site/ community blog where progressive ideas and visions are explored in a respectful tough minded way, and where progressive ideas reach political and thought leaders, so our writers not only get their ideas out, but also reach, influence and make a difference. "
Buncha claptrap. Every time a 9/11 article is posted, Tom Murphy spams it. They ain't gonna ban him.

Every time a NWO article is posted, the entire DEM KGB at OEN spams it, and most of them ARE senior editorial staff.

So they're created a troll pit to dump posts that are too controversial.

Just before I was banned, there were a couple of lengthy freds where some Dem operative was calling me every name in the book. Lunatic, juvenile--I can't remember most of it, but it was outright name-calling of the worst kind. And I responded calmly by pointing out that his posts consisted of nothing but personal attacks, copying each one and saying things like, "Calling me a lunatic is a personal attack, calling me juvenile is a personal attack, etc., and if you cannot refute my arguments and have nothing constructive to contribute to the discussion, why post?" He was allowed to continue, but I was banned. They will continue to allow personal attacks and name-calling by them, such as when Rob said that I was "full of shit," but they won't allow their victims to defend themselves.

And election boycott advocacy is still "not welcome" not even on their "EDGES" page. The Dems simply will not allow that. Elections are the Dems' best fundraiser. If they can get people to identify with their party or any of their candidates, particularly the shills, they can get people to donate. They don't care about the votes--for years the Dems banned anyone who even mentioned election fraud because they felt it might "suppress the vote," meaning suppress the uncounted vote that is only a scam to raise money anyhow.

It was only after Kerry's (ultimately broken) promise to count the votes raised millions in donations, that the Dems realized it was a money-maker and began allowing people to discuss election fraud. But only the aspect of counting votes--not about how the votes don't really matter anyhow.

http://www.bbvforums.org/forums/messages/72/80413.html?1243543232

You want to get banned from OEN? I allow my articles to be posted freely without attribution. Post that one on OEN and see how quickly you'll be banned. Probably better if you set up a separate account just for the purpose, because it is a sure-fire banning offense to talk about that stuff.
I forgot to add the bit in their e-mail where they also gave me a bank account where I could make a donation to them -:)

I don't even know why I got that email anyway ... I unsubscribed there a long time ago. Maybe they're dragging through their history of 'unsubscribed' people and are trying to woo them back.
what a load of greasy ass-burning fetid shit. Thanks, cal, for turning us on to the "message" of the "senior team," like most "senior teams" that run most enterprises today.

Here is my response... and so far, it's still there: http://www.opednews.com/populum/diarypage.php?did=13293

Apparently, OEN got enough clicks and eyeballs that somebody needed to compromise them wid a quickness... and apparently, somebody did. I'll post it here if they take it down. I'll post it everyfuckingwhere I can to let everybody else in webland know there are SOME of us who realize it's all a fucking scam.

I have had such a belly-full over the years of these "senior team" fucktards. First of all, they are usually not "senior" in the sense of merit... they are usually "senior" to the degree they have their noses up the boss' ass. And they certainly are no "team." Each of them would gladly throw any of the others under a train if they thought they could gain a warm glass of piss.

But I'm not telling YOU anything you don't already know. I would say we all need to develop a healthy respect for sheer blind-ass LUCK and quit trying to pull off this "meritocracy" scam to make ourselves feel better. There are probably at least 1000 people within a 10-mile radius who can do what I do much better (as weeny and tiny as that is). The only reason I'm doin it and they aint is because 1) they got BETTER things to do, or 2) I showed up and they didn't.

Unless... we really come up with an original idea. How hard is THAT?
Great post, Waldo. It has a good chance of staying up a little while, as there isn't likely to be anyone in the OEN leadership who knows much history or would ever look at references. And it doesn't mention or criticize Obama or the Dems, so it will probably get by the Party censors.

One place you are welcome to post it is MediaLeft.net. We recently added diary software, and need more diaries posted to help convince Gary in Caracas who does most of the work, that it is a function worth keeping. It is a small site, only about 10,000 clicks last month and a little over half that this month, but it has a lot of good stuff and some pretty good people--some of us refugees from OEN.
Well- I'm "banned" now... and I really don't have the "get Rob Kall's ass" jones any more than I had the "get Jeff Tiedrich" waza. I think COTO is a really good meme... even better than RBC... but no need to switch signs on our little clubhouse. It's good enough to have a few friends on-line who see through the scam. It's almost essential when you are surrounded every day by people who believe the simulacra are real.

The creepy thing is... when the left-gatekeeper sites suppress dissent, they doom us all. I was hoping for some kind of platform for the "Nuremberg Garden Club" idea, but hadn't finished writing it. The banksters gotta see the torches and forks and the Bamabots gotta see the Hague. It aint gonna happen.

Where's Willie Whitten? Stonefruit? xdbx? Cripes... it got so bad last night I almost started a "blog." Talk about screaming down a dry well... and I feel like the pilot who is fresh out of "airspeed, altitude and ideas."

Today me black dog got a whole lot bigger.
And they censored (deleted) your diary. Not very nice people. Not only is "progressive" another word for dumfuck, but "tough" is another word for fascist, at least the way OEN uses those words.

Did they give a reason for censoring and banning you, or just do it without warning?

I'm surprised that anyone there was able to understand what you wrote. Well, the fantasy based community is allergic to the truth in any way, shape, or form. It interferes with their corporate/political profits and their megalomania.
No warning at all. Banned right after I put up my final post:

"A suggestion...

...to put some buzzwords to bed:

"Bottom-up" Obviously not. This one seems to be fading of natural causes.

"Tough" Perhaps an attempt to counter the meme that "...liberals are wimpy," its repeatedly redundant repetition over and over again mocks itself. It's difficult to shout the written word... almost impossible to interrupt. Transparency is tough. Packaging is not. Admitting a mistake is tough. Rationalization is not.

"Abusive, off-topic, ad-hominem" etc. is what the "team" says it is when "they" say it is. Such terms are usually subjective. Most of the vocal Mensheviks are gone now, so there's no need to convince anybody they were betraying the "progressive" revolution. Sometimes, when one ceases to be "civil" it becomes obvious... whoops. That's a dangerous buzzword.

"Progressive," a new label adopted because the "neoconservative" cabal managed to turn "liberal" into an epithet. There is much virture in "liberty," just as there is in "conservation." Now the question becomes... "progressing" towards WHAT?

So what is the new "managed" message to be? Is it that "progress" towards more war, spying, torture and murder is acceptable as long as "our team" does it?

"Team," well, this one should be obv... whoops. Never mind.

Sashine, as usual, has framed the issue with clarity and precision."

That was it. See any "personal attack" in there? Any "lack of civility?" Oh... it's between the lines, alright. Rady Ananda (I invited her here... hope she shows up) refused to deal with RK by phone because he shouted, interrupted... used abusive and sexist (she says- and I believe it) language... she insisted all interaction should be written... which was "unacceptable" to the "senior management team." I can relate. I had "senior management teams" ask me to do things they refused to put in writing. It was a catch-22 (for them)... "put that in writing, and I'll do it." Unfortunately (or fortunately- for me) the Nuremberg principal does not apply to corporate law. Showing my "written order" would have absolved me from any "legal" responsibility.

Fuck em. I had no intention of doing it anyway. And of course, I was "banned" (fired)... well not fired... "job eliminated." That means they got three people to do what I was doing and gave them all different titles. RK has all the fingerprints of a pure corporate fuck... "senior management team" and all. Hey- WHERE'S CURT? He was on the leading edge of all of this! It was only a matter of time... but from what I'm hearing so far... there is a Stalinesque purge going on at left-gatekeeper sites all over the web.

Something Wicked This Way Comes.
Welcome to the club, Waldopisano. Knock on my door when the jonesin' gets ya down. I'm a recovering OpEdNewser so I know a few tricks about how to cope. You can tell I'm still hooked by the way I keep going back to read stuff there. Even deleted my bookmark and now have to google for the URL. Man oh man. Blogging is addictive. Yip.

The purge. Folks, I mentioned this to Mark and a few others before Obama was selected to be the D Candidate. I saw it coming as a next logical step in the police state crackdown on what has gotten out of control. Just look at the history of the internet and who got it started...how it grew and what it is today and you'll see why we have some very upset people out there trying to shove us off the(ir) web.

At this point, my favorite Sci-Fi leaps back up and kisses me while my mind wanders along a parallel path to the sci-fi I've been writing in my head for the past four decades. Time will tell and there will always be dissent and resistance. How do you spell that in French without gettin' any onya?
Waldo, the problem was never disrespect, lack of civility, or, in my case, "hate-filled comments." The problem was those in authority and power demanding, but not earning or deserving respect. And it never matters how abusive they are--abusing those they consider inferior is just one of the ways in which they can demand respect.

There doesn't have to be an actual act, a sin of commission, so to speak. All that is necessary is to fail, in their eyes, to have been properly subservient, submissive, and respectful towards them. That'll get you punished every time. You can be disrespectful towards those below you in the hierarchy all you wish (Derrick Jensen's Fourth Premise), and those above you in the hierarchy can be disrespectful towards you all they wish. You're not supposed to talk back to those above you, you're supposed to take it out on those below you.

I opted out of that crap long before I knew that hierarchy was a word--and I was an early and omnivorous reader with a humongous vocabulary when my class was stumbling through Dick and Jane. By the time I came across the words "pecking order," I'd had it figured out for years. Abuse of authority was shoved down my throat with my infant formula and I choked on it. How could I not have recognized it for what it was?

If somebody I respect sends me a link to an article of theirs that is posted on OEN and isn't posted anywhere else, I'll look at it, but that happens about once a month and sometimes less frequently than that. I've been getting banned from liberal "free speech" websites for more than 25 years, so I've also learned a few ways of coping. One of them is that I simply stayed off the web for about 12 of those years. Nobody missed me and I didn't miss them. I was off the grid for those 12 years and simply reverted to my childhood habit of reading a lot of books. During the twenty years or so that I'd been homeless and/or living in fourth world countries without access to good public libraries, a lot of books had been published and I had a lot of catching up to do.

When a very beautiful person or website asks you for money, it usually isn't because they love you. Paying them is up to you, but harboring illusions about them isn't reality-based.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service