Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Because that about sums it all up in a 'nut' shell. And because I need a place to satisfy my misanthropic rantings and save funny videos.

Views: 1067

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cleaned up virgin is HERE

Low traffic?  heh heh.  Lucky if I get one view per week.  Look who is clickbait out there these days.  Who is going to read the dribble of a brain-damaged old futz like me saying that we missed the point at the Battle of Gettysburg? 

"Technology?"  hahahaha...  ooo look-  they had caplock rifled muskets instead of flintlocks.  wow.  soon any deedle-head with a phone will be able to kill you from over the horizon as soon as you wake up to take a dump.  or in your sleep.... hahahaha!  "technology."  snort. 

And what's really fun is:  that's all beside the point.  Huge sportsball-sized crowds walk hundreds of miles for weeks in dust and mud to pack into the area of a shopping center wearing costumes to blow each other apart with iron balls!  WOW! and after stuffing themselves with raw meat... 

Tens of thousands of dudes hippity-hop pants-dance into the weeds to squat and spray away on... wait for it... wait for it... their water supply!  HA HA HA HA HA,,, wait... it gets better.  If your head don't get blowed off with a bouncing iron bowling ball... they lop off your arms and legs with a dirty bone saw!  wheee! 

Then after the war, you get to make stump speeches (giggle) for the Party! 

C'mon now.  If that don't look funny to you... ya got no cents off humor at all! 

My brother once said to me that he wondered what I would do with the popularity of Kate Bush's Hounds of Love since I always went for the unpopular pop music acts.

I post everything anymore in the vain hope that maybe, just maybe, someone might recognize what I was doing after my death.  Views of my videos range from 7 to 803, with the high number being boosted by all the students from the ISU band playing in it and because it features a very popular song by the composer John Adams.  I think the multiple videos of my work average about 20 views - which is barely more than the number of performers featured in them.

Oh yeah... maybe it wasn't "worth it."   Guess they had not invented backfire effect in 1863.  But they had technology figured out in 1924

Necromancer: practices a form of magic that involves communicating with the deceased. Rosa Thorn was nine months old on July 4, 1863.  The Battle of Gettysburg had been over for a year.  Rosa would move from Cemetery Hill to town when she was about 10 years old and die in 1878 at age 14.  Cemetery Hill is where Rosa formed her earliest memories and become enlightened upon seeing a flock of birds above the hill.  Others called it crazy.  Her mother said Rosa was not very healthy.  For the rest of her life she would say. "I can see the birds."  From there, Rosa could see and understand the whole war. 

The Southern Cross is a dream that never was.  For those who wave around stars and bars and firearms, it exists today in their meme-fevered brains  A Strange and Blighted Land, according to author Greg Coco.  "This particular brand of religious myth had not really taken a hold on society."  That came later, along with the fat gobs who want to establish a white male theocracy and fantasize about using violence to do it until they conjure this demon out of the ground.   Necromancers practice strange and evil magic thousands of years old. 

There will probably not be a time when the living outnumber the dead,  The real silent majority tells us "...to trivialize its sheer horror by by perpetuating the glorification of war in any form, is to misrepresent the participants' motives and memories."  

Having serious repatriation issues.  Perhaps coming home just before the get drunk at the barbecue and then explode a bunch of stuff holiday made it a little more bizarre.  Independence day in Latvia is celebrated by children dancing to ancient folk songs, choirs singing sentimental songs about the country (no military marches) and people putting flowers on a giant map of Latvia under the Freedom Monument.  Here we just blow a bunch of shit up.  In a half-waking state I had no idea where I was, just knew that people were bombing the place and I was alien here.

What really focused it was driving the car and parking in the massive lot outside Freddy Meyer before pushing a cart around a massive store that was filled with frantic shoppers.  Food is expensive.  And then onto WinCo to repeat the experience.  Yikes!  I don't belong here.

I love the smell of sulfure in the morning. Smells like idiocy.

Sounded like we were living in a war zone last night. Didn't even want to go outside. Thought I might get hit by a decending bullet -- like the one I pulled out of my roof recently. So, I worked on my new bathroom's wiring.

Welcome back, I guess. I figure it won't be long until you and Jo become ex-pats. I imagine discussions regarding your next european uni gig are already taking place. Am I right?

New Zealand is our first goal....we'll see.

Meanwhile, I finally got shortlisted for a one year only gig, 3 hours south, past SLC.  Going down on Monday.  Jo goes up, again, for tenure.  Not confident at all that it will be any different this time.  Just want to haze her one more time because they truly hate people who are good at their jobs.  Waldo talked about the difference between mercenaries and professionals....

HERE is the cleaned-up and edited thing. 

The boom-bang was relatively low-key.  Still enough to bother Sid.  Maybe the krakkers are conserving their ammo for the coming race war.  If so, it was a rare time when the "conservatives" in my neighborhood were conserving anything. 

Packing up now to head for Gburg.  Have just enough bread for the gas there and back.  No food or anything.  Might be able to buy a rose for Rosa.  Magic you know.  Sometimes ya gotta do stuff whether ya gets paid or not. 

Hope to find out if it is easier to access records there (if there are any),  If not, got the cool battlefield apps.  

Rosa's hill looking East from her back yard. 

The wires really look dumb. 

The most jaw-dropping part of the whole trip was "Christian radio."  For several hours... over a couple hundred miles... two or three different stations... your tongue will dry out from jaw-dropping open two or three times a minute.  Their mission is:  "nurturing and defending the God-ordained institution of the family and promoting biblical truths worldwide."  From patently absurd to blatantly false "biblical truths" according to whatever the marketing department pulls out their ass. 

For example, God used to be "ok" with slavery... because of bible durble derp.  Now, God has decided we have "grown out" of slavery because of some rambling doodle in Ephesians or someplace, which by itself is usually innocuous enough.  The ass part comes when they relate it to abortion or gays or immigrants... which is not mentioned anywhere in the text or anything   But it has to be the truth because "God said so,"  including "marriage is between one man and one woman" and that the US is being invaded by "illegals."  But it's ok for the Israelis to invade because God gave to them. see?  

You really have a high tolerance to subjecting yourself to vile things just for research.  I listened to Latvian folk music CDs on my voyage to the center of the Bee Hive.  My committee went on a rather pointed rant about "the dominant culture" in Utah.  I was pleased and relieved.  I did well on the interview.....not that that means anything.  Should find out in a couple weeks.  Will be good to have full time work again, will suck to live apart from J.  Will have to drive the 3 hrs on weekends.

HERE is the wp post.  Hey- a new character:  Henry Repeter.  Tell all your friends!  Henry just wandered onto the set from nowhere... just like good characters usually do.  Got a good back-story for him... but waiting to see if it fits.  Best to let old Henry tell his own story if he has a mind to. 

Meanwhile the local fish-wraps have not been printing my letters in proper fashion.  Probably because I got unintelligible and discursive as usual.   Mostly ranting about the same things Jaime O'Niel's Snarking Chump article.  Yeah, I still read The Chump.  Flashback to my own political incorectness... 

As one astute commenter noted,

"Buildings do not fall down like that, except by controlled demolition.

When called upon, the reality-based community crawled up its own ass and hid.

Journalism students should not only have to take physics classes, but they should have to understand them." 

Well... SOME of us crawled up our own ass and hid.  Why not?  The other choice was to be marginalized or "banned" for stating the flat-fuck OBVIOUS.  Sadly, I seldom check out COTO any more.  While I always like a good "conspiracy theory," I just can't see them hiding behind every rock and tree just yet. 

I guess Henry pulled picket duty so often because he was good at it. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service