Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Because that about sums it all up in a 'nut' shell. And because I need a place to satisfy my misanthropic rantings and save funny videos.

Views: 1067

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you guys are going to love this. attractive young new york girl makes absolutely atrocious art in national parks throughout the west, records it all on social media, sets off shit storm.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/30/travel/national-park-graffiti-arrest/...

Graffiti on buildings is one thing - on natural phenomena, a completely different thing. 

The facebook generation certainly are a bunch of creepy tings. Narcissism without introspection. Then again, I was pretty much an idiot at her age too. So, I'm not so inclined to call bloody murder.

Beyond that, I'm sure she's feeling pretty remorseful about her naturepathy about now. 

Small change in comparison to the damage being done by US corporations daily.

ghillie brogues  uncritical thinking in life  avoided here    

I don't know how much y'all followed the "American Sniper' (uncritical thinking) story... I know I didn't... and if you really unpack the story- it's really fucked up.  But how likely do you think it might be that a bunch of the "bad guys" pooled their bread an bought a hit on his "Devil of Ramidi" badass?    

Weird shit!

Wierder still, is when religious nut cases actually get elected.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2014/11/06/gordon_klingenschmitt...

As a form of entertainment, it's hard to beat the rantings of religious wackos. Better than the Rob Ford comedy hour.

So I read Treehugger.  No surprise there.  And Mother Nature Network... because I am a commie-liberal pinko tree-hugger.

"The rhetoric of today prevents real discussions of the issues because this state of emotional arousal inhibits the ability to have rational conversations."   

The Germans are talking about something else. They don't have SEO headlines to make them crazy.   Instead of bloviating billiore hacks, how about a video?     Elizabeth Gilbert writes chick lit but she has a point.  

Let's talk about Fast Company hacks.  Everybody wants to work for Rob Cotter.  i want to work for Alix Bowman.  

I'm too exhausted to hold on to outrage for very long.  I've moved on to a rather continual state of disgust.

So, what is it about Ameri-dunces and blowing shit up? Now, every fucking Sunday when the local sportsball team is playing (the Seattle Seafucks), we're treated to a barrage of bombs blowing off in the neighborhood because said Seafucks have made a touchdown. And now because they're in the playoffs again, the local sportsball fascists will be out in all their sportsball regalia, sporting Seafuck flags and jerseys and hasseling everyone that comes within shouting distance with their comments about the greatness of sportsball and the local Seafucks. God, these people irritate me. Whatever happened to the intellectuals Seattle was once known for? (that was rhetorical)

I'm actually looking forward to the civil war that's coming down the pike. If I get to shoot just one of these local sportsball fuck heads in the ass, I'll be happy.

Speaking of civil war, hasn't the NYPD officially just declared that we're in one now? Seems anyone protesting in NY is now considered a terrorist. Right? You guys should do the twitter. Pretty interesting war of words going on between the pro-cop and anti-cop factions. EVERYONE has lost their freaking minds.

Sorry. Had to rant a bit. Thanks for listening.

It's awfully noisy out there, Bo.

Doglet thinks we're at war. She tries to dig her way out of the bathroom or kitchen many times a day, hearing sounds of pile driving, doors closing, and other mysterious sounds around and about. We go nowhere, the fireworks come to us, we think of the poor people in the hot wars those bistards are orchestrating.

http://youtu.be/r-IHG8LHKPo

Fireworks used to be confined to November 5 and the New Year. Now they are going off on many nights, and my furry friend has become noise phobic, piddling puddles in the house.
Attachments:

What is it with pro-cops and their complete lack of any sense when it comes to public relations?

And why is it that the anti-union folks are so happy to support the police union?

Meanwhile, Seattle's mayor says it needs more tent cities.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service