Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

(how is this for a new thread?)

It is not the freshest news. But it is still breaking, people are still absorbing it ,and it all till needs context.

The filthy greedheads and the doomed can't have exclusive rights to this news territory. The insane and the loyal opposition must have their say as well.

My take - the Russian armada is going to bomb the living fuck out of Aleppo.  Not so much to help Assad as to show they can still break shit, and still matter in one of their few areas of influence outside of Russia. 

Sebostabol/Crimea alreadytaken and those pieces are swatted off the chess board.
Then they will pass through the Suez canal to a favorite area of contemporary interest - the south china sea, to dock at the "chinese" island. 
They will refit at Vizag (a top indian navy base), go hover around the "chinese" island in the spratleys, maybe some commando/fast boat/SEAL type training with the chinese there. then they go right by the senkaku islands on the way to vladivostick for winter.
just to show the world the BRICS aint nobody to fuck with. 
Turkish PM Erdogan just "cleaned house," by firing about 40,000 people in government and shooting a
few hundred security, military and intelligence staff accused of being Gulen supporters.  some probably were, some probably were not, and Gulen's infleunce is not as profound as the govt makes it out to be. but he just bought himself 5 more years of unchallengable rule. and the ability to flip turkey out of NATO into the BRICS. I think it is very possible and could happen suddenly if it does.
Then much of eastern europe NATO (esp former ussr/Warsaw Pact) all quit too - because it is a stupid antiquated instiution that has not had a rational strategic reason of existence since the fall of the Berlin wall.  nato is not world's army the blue hats in the UN are.
Timing - Putin put them at sea when he knew he would have a four month window of no real response from usa because of the  elections.
They will have proved they are back as a true blue sea navy, anf kicked some ass, and shored up crucial geostrategic along the way.
I feel no portence of WWIII but instead feel this is a macho country saying "we be back motherfucka!"
and the advanced cyber and ground/space/ship-to-shore warfare eqpt of china, russia (less so india) is getting really good, and hits all the achilles heels of nato/USSA, efficiently, cheaply, and on the button.

Views: 2547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, SF, that's some heavy duty analysis of global events. Way above my pay grade. 

That said, I do find it concerning that the cold war has come roaring back to life. All the propaganda the western world is generating now sseems like lhe final desperate act of an already failed empire. I would have guessed the western economy would have collapsed by now, although I still expect it to. And when that happens I expect the western world will eat itself from the inside out. I s'pose it is already considering rising poverty rates and national debt. Then again, maybe Trump will be elected, and he and Putin will become best buds and the world will live in peace for the next four years. 

Til then, here's Putin singing Bwoobury Heel.

that was a surreal video

still tho, putin handles it like a boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co8s0egftsc#t=140.425556

spain refueled the armada. the PIIGS are going to drop out of the EU and NATO

italy will offer support en route too

this is big

spain did not refuel the armada after international outcry

So the boom and bang show will continue... especially around pipelines surrounded by brown people.  Poot gets to drop a journalist with a high-powered rifle.  Trump manages to sell dead meat to half the USA.  Trump has his own brown people and pipeline.  Meanwhile, Trump gets "saved" and becomes a "christian."  Maybe time to show the Ruskies some of our scalar weapons and anti-grav vehicles... or not.  It's all show business.   But the rich fatties know... the climate is going to fan in the next 4 years.  They got their bunkers, supplies and serfs.  They got their fiefdoms and fighters. Nature will cull the population. Oligarchs will preserve valuable commodities for themselves... and that includes obedient serfs.   

The odds are greater that Trump will become another Hitler than Putin becoming another Stalin. The Russians have been through their collapse.  Ours is just beginning in earnest.  Their populist revolution began in 1917.  Ours begins with bread and freedom.  Trump promised them jobs.  Clinton parroted policy.  Stein pointed out power.  Johnson jumped the shark. Our Hydrocarbon Overlords moved their capital from gold to oil to energy.  That includes political energy.  The proles went to the polls and tossed Moore's human hand grenade fur freiheit und brot. Neolibralism finally missed the boat.  Realpolitik made made the Dems throw Bernie under the bus, and because of that a lot of them joined us: Green.  

The last time a candidate who didn't win the popular vote was selected by the Electoral College was 2001.  That was also the last time the Republicans had control of the House, Senate and White House.  George W Bush was an immensely unpopular president until after 9/11.

I suppose we should be preparing for the next "Pearl Harbor-type event" in the Fall of 2017....

The chart that might explain why Trump won the election.

The sad thing is that 1982-1990 is where it all began with Reaganomic trickle down supply side voodoo and the Trump con man conned all you nice trusting people who were looking for a daddy to bully you into buying his sizzle when he just wants to amp up the already failed model that has been going on for thirty years.

No, we should not wait and see what a Trump administration does. We should organize our resistance right now.  source link

Now, I am hearing people say that we should wait and see what a Donald Trump administration actually does before we mobilize our opposition to him. Frankly, that is the dumbest, most aloof, disconnected, privileged thing I’ve heard the past two years. If you believe we need to wait and see what Donald Trump and his team stand for, it is probably because you feel pretty strongly that you and your loved ones will not be targets of his administration or their policies. With few exceptions, the only people I see encouraging Americans to give Donald Trump a chance before they are outraged are white heterosexuals. Everybody else is panicking.

I call bullshit on this slant.

Obama was Othered and Obstructed his entire career, your president-elect only recently acknowledged that he was even a natural born citizen who was eligible for the position while he led a campaign of demagoguery that targeted everyone who doesn't look like you - a straight, white man. 

When Obama was in office you were all about Pitchforks and Torches, now you are tsk, tsking about the anti-Trump folks and telling them to know their place.

You are seeming very Republican these days.

"You are seeming very Republican these days."  Not so, P.  Only one party-- two right wings. Some choice. If Trump takes a Green position on climate, I will kiss his withered patoot and put his picture on my wall. not likely- but could happen.
But economic collapse is inevitable so is climate collapse. And Trump's obvious solution to everything will be to shoot the looters. So "protest" in the streets... sure.  Makes sense.  But not to a Green.  Income inequality was brought to the fore by The Occupy.  It lies underneath the phony left-right divide like methane under global warming.  Brother Bernie was a compromise for me... and when the Ds cheated the Bern... i sed fuck em and the donkey they rode in on.  We got Trump... because we deserved it... just like the Shrub.  

And now they're starting with this "spoiler" shit- just like with Nader- and eye aint havin Nunavut... where you can poke a hole in the permafrost and light the fucking methane.  And suspect Dump will bungle climate/ financial collapse worse than Shrub botched Katrina.  Plague on both their houses.  Easy to mock the dummy... but the real dummy is all of us.   

Thanks for that, Waldo. I was having a hard time coming up with a satisfactory response. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service