Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

(how is this for a new thread?)

It is not the freshest news. But it is still breaking, people are still absorbing it ,and it all till needs context.

The filthy greedheads and the doomed can't have exclusive rights to this news territory. The insane and the loyal opposition must have their say as well.

My take - the Russian armada is going to bomb the living fuck out of Aleppo.  Not so much to help Assad as to show they can still break shit, and still matter in one of their few areas of influence outside of Russia. 

Sebostabol/Crimea alreadytaken and those pieces are swatted off the chess board.
Then they will pass through the Suez canal to a favorite area of contemporary interest - the south china sea, to dock at the "chinese" island. 
They will refit at Vizag (a top indian navy base), go hover around the "chinese" island in the spratleys, maybe some commando/fast boat/SEAL type training with the chinese there. then they go right by the senkaku islands on the way to vladivostick for winter.
just to show the world the BRICS aint nobody to fuck with. 
Turkish PM Erdogan just "cleaned house," by firing about 40,000 people in government and shooting a
few hundred security, military and intelligence staff accused of being Gulen supporters.  some probably were, some probably were not, and Gulen's infleunce is not as profound as the govt makes it out to be. but he just bought himself 5 more years of unchallengable rule. and the ability to flip turkey out of NATO into the BRICS. I think it is very possible and could happen suddenly if it does.
Then much of eastern europe NATO (esp former ussr/Warsaw Pact) all quit too - because it is a stupid antiquated instiution that has not had a rational strategic reason of existence since the fall of the Berlin wall.  nato is not world's army the blue hats in the UN are.
Timing - Putin put them at sea when he knew he would have a four month window of no real response from usa because of the  elections.
They will have proved they are back as a true blue sea navy, anf kicked some ass, and shored up crucial geostrategic along the way.
I feel no portence of WWIII but instead feel this is a macho country saying "we be back motherfucka!"
and the advanced cyber and ground/space/ship-to-shore warfare eqpt of china, russia (less so india) is getting really good, and hits all the achilles heels of nato/USSA, efficiently, cheaply, and on the button.

Views: 2547

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

fingers crosed, have been thinking along these lines myself, whenever I consider the observable character of Putin and Assad, whom I judge to be steady and good, despite the ceaseless propaganda on the Bbc.

however that sort of opinion is the like leprosy amongst these here, causing shudders and further isolation

this fellow is grand https://youtu.be/4VCgU1v0c3I
particularly when paired with this
https://youtu.be/riwMQqSJnl4

and if you look for UK Column live at one o'clock here in England, they do the news on weekdays, in seven minutes ...

https://youtu.be/YwpFydqp4lo

Syria is so last week.....North Korea is the newest Trump military fantasy.

"McCain probably pulled this attack"

HOW?

"The liberal creed seems to be: 'We care so much about poor people, climate change, income inequality and protecting the environment (or whatever the cause of the day) that there is no limit to how much money should be taken out of other people's wallets to solve these problems.' "

• Who are you quoting? Oh, right. The Heritage Foundation. Hope you aren't as poor in original wealth or valuable skills as you are in original thought. You a-holes think you're "conservatives." Guess what: you're not. Just a-holes. "Trust and obey" is your key virtue.

Dumpty represents you perfectly: "species recognition." 
    That's why the rich fatties can play you like a fiddle. All they need to do is appeal to your Ayn Randy a-holery... your fear of the poor and powerless obsesses you... and then they can cheat you blind. And they have.

Environment and inequality have reached the breaking point... thanks to human incompetence and stupidity. Human culture has always been the balance between the individual and the collective. We "collectivists" recognize the collective. You "individualists" have been trained not to.

You think you can make it on your own. And guess what: you can't. Because we're all in this together. We're social primates. The ruling class has trained you to keep them on top. You're bourgeoisie: flunkies and stooges for the Kings your beloved "founding fathers" warned about.

Take "your money" out of "your wallet." Do you see your picture? Your signature? 'Nuff said.

Good to see you're still out there raising hell. Where are you living now? Are you getting any? How are you doing?

Living in Salt Lake City.  Getting what i can.  Just got a new guitar- Breedlove.  Trying to get my fingers back.  Still can't bring meself to write about Jenny... but soon!  

Here's Max Keiser doing his best Howard Beale (Network) on America's 'healthcare' system. 

http://unorthodoc.com/  what a great idea!  Too bad I'm too old.  On medicare/ medicaid etc. blah

Bellisimo! The woman's performance at the begining is by far the best. The calls for ressistance and impeachment are a bit lame, but still a fun video.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service