Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

As the shit hits the fan, it's going to become harder to dodge it. Seems like I step in it daily. Got some on your own shoe? This is the place to share personal experiences.

Views: 480

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amen to the Valley of Dry Bones.   Can these bones live?   Part the Reds see!   

"Displaced meaning."  Gonna hurl into my lap now...  

Eid ist Eid:  

Now got a really bad feeling that something happened to Curt...    

Think you're right about Curt. Sad. He was a creative guy with a big heart. Was always perplexed by his sudden disappearance. Guess we know the reason now. RIP, Curt.

I sure as hell hope not.  But if so... like the old soldier he was... just faded away.  

Good plan, methinks.  Don't want anyone I know around me when I go.  

this was the last i heard from him, he was from about 40 miles from here:
well hiya hj, good to "hear" from you! I spoke with my parents this past weekend and everything's okay. They're doing just fine under these circumstances and we're on good terms with one another. I even told Dad about my attending an Angels summer party...his reaction being : "oh, you're not a club type guy, so are you thinkin' about joining?" I said "no, but I do support the Angels and their way of life" and he said "well, you always was the one to play with fire and get your hands burnt in an effort to learn the hard way, so be careful my son." Dad's such a liberal conservaive farm boy. Gotta love him. He was a biker for the longest time, back in Ark City. My wife Doris and I just love the coffee shop idea. While my parents were over the first time, before the boys were born (over 22 years ago i.e.) we took them to Eindhoven. Once there, I saw a place called "The Black Inn" and I said to Dad, "how about a beer?" and he said "sure!" We all went in and had a beer and I asked for a ready rolled joint and Dad said "you didn't just ask for a marijuana cigarette, didya?" "Yes, Dad, I did." Dad stayed with me while Mom opted to leave immediately, with Doris. We had our beer, I had my joint and Dad enjoyed the atmosphere. As we left the place, Mom and Doris were just outside and Mom said "was it good?" I said "yip! And it was legal!" But it wasn't. It is for locals but tourists are simply tolerated. I'm all for the legalisation of grass but I can't stand the stuff (grass). I quit smoking hash a few years ago and as a result, I now smoke more tobacco, which is far more unhealthy. My favorite was Black Afghan. Just a pinch and you're up there. They say it has opium in it and I would guess they're right. Anyway, I'm totally open for the stuff and I love coffee shops. I just don't smoke it any more. To ride a bike and smoke the ganja regularly doesn't fit. I'll have to take note of this particular shop for the next time we're in A-dam. When in Rome.. Thanks, curt

Wasn't that around 2010?  Almost went to Detroit to meet him on connecting flight... but finally told him I wouldn't go to Detroit for anybody.  Wish now I had.  Sort of.  

If he is still around, I bet he's on top of this shit.  Elvia (the last cat left in the house) went missing today.  She left a headless disemboweled mouse on the piano bench this morning.  Thanks, Elvia.  

When in Rome... for sure.  

btw... that's the way most guys I knew talked about their feelings:  ie;  

'...got a really bad feeling about this."  

it was 2009, and the last thing on the blog was 2012.  do you know his last name?  

Curtis Arden Sherwood

Em, you found the same thing I did.  "Our Curtis (Springencurt) has gone from us." But they used the English RIP rather than the German RIF.  "starb am 8. Juli 2012 in Gründau."   Over 3 years.  

My Hessian brother.  Damn.  Eyes cryin' now.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service