Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Views: 535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Too fucking many Cheka in the "liberal" university of late capitalism...

At least at one University, their abuse of faculty does seem to be noticed....

Interview this weekend for an Instructor gig - full on interview process: teach two classes, meet with Committee, Dean, Directors of the Program and School - just like a tenure-line position.

Damn. Tell the truth and lose your job. Seems to be a lot of that going around.

In our situation it appears that the opposite is true too: tell destructive lies, engage in bullying, physically threatening behavior and get promoted.  Instead of protecting us from the truly non-collegial folks, they were rewarded.

America's "worst college" sounds like a place to get a real education.

Arizona State is currently Washington Monthly’s 28th best college in America and Playboy’s No4 party school.

Places like that, Albert says, “are all about getting good grades and getting a degree and becoming well integrated into the American economy.” He pauses. “I can’t completely thumb my nose at people valuing college as a good investment. People are worried about the economy, and here we are studying ancient sources and medieval sources and we don’t use textbooks and we don’t have football.”

But, he says, if that’s the only way you look at universities, you’re missing something critical.

Uncanny: In the photo at the top of the article; the guy in front with his legs crossed, looks like a young Pan, while the guy at the back center looks like a young Waldo. 

oh golly chaps,I'm ever so slightly cross eyed and would so..,

If ever you wonder why I, just one, should be such a horrid coward, it be so that there is not one. or another friend at one's back
they say
and
at a mere half past eight the guest has departed
oh hello dear mouse
would that there were mortals about to tallk to but
all the tall trees in the wood say
SILENCE
SILENCE
Silence
thids is all I have to offe and all I knoe

http://youtu.be/zho7IsFcMZg
can you believe that I drank three And a half bottles of black fox?

Who drank the other half bottle?

Which family amongst them all got visited y this fifty-nine year old harridan?

Dus tha want a clue. dus tha give a damn?
a bottle if black fox being small but noble.
a good dry cylean cider
and now we have the shivers and the shakes

But do we have friends about? Perhaps Russians, Americans ,, even British, like me. born believing in freedom of speech
learning
to edit
thought,
learning to edit dreams.
learning to edit the memory
of my brother watching his wife rot
in the seat beside him

while the rescuers waited in their orange jackets
waited for the survivors to die
it wa vietnam. umpteen years aftwr the war,shivering and shaking furiously because we are only

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service