Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Views: 535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"As the public grows more desperate, scholars are working to randomly italicize different sections of the text, hoping the italics will land on the important parts and allow everyone to go on with their day."  

Doesn't seem to help.  Betcha someone was there during the Gburg address who did that.  Haven't seen the transcript, but somebody will put it up on YouTube eventually.  Maybe the italics landed on repeated words, like "people," or maybe on important prepositions like "of," "by" and "for."  However, it was dedicated to the proposition... not the preposition(s).  Everybody was too busy casting bronze tablets or grinding kitsch sculpture gardens so nobody would forget.  

Forget what?  Italics were put on reservations years ago while everybody else was busy casting and grinding.  Casting the first stone grinding exceeding fine... but slowly.  Memes and molecules were little understood then.  They barely understood that eating poop made you sick.  But at least they could read. Italians had forgotten permaculture long before the the Geeks had taught them to write.  Of course they didn't know they were eating poop.  We now know it only takes a week for E. colli to grow in your pocket lint.  

So now everybody has a potential typhoid epidemic in their pocket.  That means we're all terrorists.  We plant bugs on ourselves and update our dossier on Facebook.  Why not?  We are visions... but only illusions.  Like rainbows.  We have nothing to hide.  Lovers, dreamers and me, looking at the test pattern and listening to the tone.  Howdy Duty Time was over a century ago.     

Twilight of the Professors.  "...a desire for a more “flexible”—that is, cheap, pliable, and disposable—labor force..."  the same thing that's happening to everybody else.  From door-openers to doctors... one size fits all.  

Great article. 

We cleared out Jo's office yesterday in preparation for the move in two weeks.  She went up the hill to the performing arts center to pick up her mail and found that the Provost deferred her tenure again - if we were staying she would have to submit her materials for a third time - it is clear that the Provost, who wants to move up to President, recognized that there is absolutely nothing that is real in the case that has been made against Jo and that denying tenure could lead to a legal case which wouldn't look good on the Provost's CV.

The irony is that Jo just got notification from the new Uni in Florida that she is being hired with tenure........sometimes good things do happen to people who deserve it.

so, i am confused, florida or manhattan?  we're heading out today for portland, via nebraska for a change.  then port townsend, missoula, prineville, portland again and who knows where else.  politically incorrect as it is it will be good to be on the road again.

so, i am confused, florida or manhattan?

Both - Jo in Tallahasse and me in Manhattan.  It will be hard for us to be apart after being inseparable for 27 years but Jo has a great job and I need to have a job just for my own mental state.

How Higher Education was destroyed in5 Easy Steps.

Just wondering: At what point to does the intellectual community decide they will no longer participate in a corrupt institution? Seems like it takes a lot of willing Eichmans to keep the system going. 

Good Germans come in all nationalities....

We are moving forward towards escaping the Chekas of Idaho and their version of the Corner House

Boil it down: 1. Medium of exchange (frozen desire).  2. Value.  3. Dementia  4.Changing State 

Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream
It is not dying, it is not dying  --Tomorrow Never Knows.  

Revolver certainly changed my state. Went from being a Beach Boy to a young hipster in one fell swoop after hearing that. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service