Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

I've set up a separate site... and so far, it's vaccin time I don't have. But in this case, the "school-supplied" site is bloated, inefficient, and primarily designed for somebody's job security. So then what? Well, THEN we gotta show them how "language" can unlock the riddle!

Views: 152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Friday morn and the site is still down - damn, I was gearing up to write a meandering tangent about parrots perched upon pirates' shoulders and the wild parrots of San Francisco making a paradigm shift and that parrot on youtube who pulled all his feathers having the avian equivalent to an eating disorder or cutting.
Oh man o meter, das tut mir aber leid. According to http://status.socialgo.com/ ;

Connected users are getting good up-time but some connectivity issues still remain. Full resolution expected in next 24 hours.

about 11 hours ago →

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teach, imho, socialGO needs a wet leg or two. e-mail support@socialgo.com. (Please always include your network URL, an in-depth description of the problem/query)

11 hours ago, admin said "Full resolution expected in next 24 hours." but the same person said the same shite a few days ago. If you and the spiders can access the site, okay. I can't, but I have no need to do so. Oh man, this sucks big bar.
http://getsatisfaction.com/socialgo/topics/several_socialgo_sites_a...

piss poor service and lack of clear cut support.....

these guys are blaming it on Tiscali. The old shell game between service providers and the losers are the ones paying.
http://getsatisfaction.com/socialgo/topics/why_are_all_socialgo_net...

what a joke. This reminds me of a forum I once had. Support claimed all is well while 90% of the forums were down like the titanic.
socialGO is back !
but the forum tab is missing ;-(
Fucknogs. Got on site, changed Curt to moderator, went back to home page... and it's down again. Oops- back up now- keeps defaulting to my fucking profile page... "Forum" tab shows up on admin page, but not on home page... I can't even get to the home page. this sucks. gotta go do another show now. fuckalll.
One step at a time. I still don't see a "Forum" tab. Thing prolly drowned.

And jimminey cricketz, making me Mod won't make it a more perfect Union. I don't even have a licence!
Wait a sec, I logged out and now I see (while logged out) 3 tabs, "Welcome", "Home" & "Forum". Weird, logged out and can access the forum. I've been drinking too much Prinz Luitpold these last few days.
I posted my random thoughts about the Parrot Paradigm as a blog and made it public. Don't know if this is helpful or not...
Someone stepping forward and attempting a first step on what is otherwisee known as thin ice is always helpful, in my opinion.

Not a "real" (paying) student of our "Teach", I don't believe the assignements Teach has layed out pertain to me. My personal role in this exercise has yet to have been defined ...to an extent to which I can clearly say I know my role. Nonetheless, pure interest has driven me to make an attempt at completing the first assigment. This is not my favorite writing hour, I've had a few and am incapable of putting things into words which I myself would like to read. I've made a first attempt, and the following, most miserable bunch of words is the result of what I, if I were a student of our Teach, would label as my 1st draft. First draft because I usually spit out a 1st draft. The word counter reads 222. If I choose to accept this assignment and expand upon this, I'll have to elaborate a bit.

Please bear with me, this is kinda like dropping your pants in front of the class. I have zero writing talent and will be the first to admit it. But guess what. I've got the never to try and I don't really care if this is good or bad. What it is, is a beginning.

--------------------------------------------------------

I am not a slave.

How can I "be an obedient slave" if I am not a slave at all?

I am free. Born a free man in a free country, freedom is my most prize possession, one for which I would willingly fight and die for. Salvery is for wimps.

"Freedom is the right to act according to ones will without being held up by the power of others. From a philosophical point of view, it can be defined as the capacity to determine your own choices. It can be defined negatively as an absence of subordination, servitude and constraint."[1]

Freedom of choice. Sounds great. Let's make the most of it.

Why are we so very occupied with freedom, and are we really free? How can we be free to enjoy freedom when we're called upon to defend freedom and in order to do so, leave behind a major portion of our freedom?

"Gruppenzwang". "Arbeit macht frei".

Do yourself a favor; never question authority. Those with authority react allergically to dissent. Dissent undermines authority. Dissent is terrorism in the eyes of authority. Dissent must be supressed in order for the collective to survive as an entity.

It's all up to you. Make the right decisions and you end up in heaven. Make the wrong ones, and hell is your new abode.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_(philosophy)
I wonder how I'll feel about those words when I read them on the morrow, during my writing hour. I used to paint, in oil. Most of the pictures I painted ended up in the garbage bin. Artists tend to be perfectionists, but nobody is perfect. It's the same with any art form. Musicians, painters, writers, dancers, sculpterers (duh?). Each strives for perfection as he carves out his work of art. Once he sees he has failed to achieve perfaction, he tends to decide to destroy his failed attempt instead of letting it stand, as imperfect and as close to perfection as it may be. A perfectionist, a true perfectionist will never reach satisfaction.

These are my honest and spontaneous thoughts as an artist and a human being, and I thought I could share these with you, here and now. And no, I didn't refer to other sources for this. These are my thoughts.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service