Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

You're not a citizen. You're a terrorist.

2012: The year the US became a totalitarian state. 

Views: 613

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dancing is illegal in certain areas of America

Especially if it is "native" dance from New Zealand

Even more so if the dance was dreamed by an Injun known as Jack Wilson

If I can't dance, I don't want your revolution!

Pan, well, I just don't seem to get it - dancing is illegal !  Why am I surprised.  

The Patriot Act has taken away all our rights and we are reliving an evil era in our history.   

Old news this is and yet.....

Pan, as for my reply to the illegal dancing - pardon me but I answered too quickly - as per my usual - slow down Kate !

The real issues are the Patriot Act - Serial Wars - Poverty - Food INC - Education - Civics(?) I did not learn this(Civic responsibilities) in the home or through school ( probably because I was too busy chatting and not LISTENING)  - I am speaking to the choir here but I did want to clear up that I was too quick in my reply  to the illegal dancing - also I did not read in full the link you offered. By the way Pan, this is not new news to you - I am working on listening and patience - patience please.  I appreciate the rbc members patience throughout the  years with moi.   I have learned a great deal this past year but I have a long way to go and for this I am most fortunate.  

So- dancing is "performance" and not "free speech?"  To put it more precisely-- buncha judges got they linguistic head up they ASS.  AND- we rely on THEM to parse specialized text exactly.  Don't look good... me smelleth a buncha wankers holding onto their J.O.B. (Just Over Broke).  Since when is "performance" NOT "free speech" and "munny" (a "fungible" mental construct) IS?  "Performance" is REAL.  "Munny" is FICTION.  What is so fucking difficult?  

Specialized wankers soaked in "ideology," and before anybody starts bawling about "activist judges," we should realize we ALL got the same disease. If I would speculate on the parlor-game of "predicting the Future," would suspect this speculation as accurate as any: 

Meanwhile, the world will return to a primordial state of natural beauty, opening up to swallow up all other people (those who do not have a strong spirituality based upon the earth).

And, like Marx, they were probably a century or so off.  Meanwhile, monitoring Doughton Abbey while the rest of the phallus-heads are into the stupor bowl.  Just compare-contrast the two, and I guess that's what makes me a fucking "elitist."  Doughton Abbey works if you don't know shit about WWI.  And if you do, it's even better.  This is great Art. 

So now, the stupor-bowl is over.  Nary a mention in the official "program" of "right to work" or any demonstration of any kind.... other than the rabble on the margins who may/or not have been ignored by the teevee cameras.  Know what?  This PROVES that we are a nation of servile ass-licking NIGGERS who deserve our slavery because we do not even comprehend that we are SLAVES.  We are worried about out "debt" TO WHOM???  

That's right-- a Nation of servile stupid ass-licking niggers totally unaware of who "owns" them or why... completely complacent and stupefied by spectacle of uniformed mutants crashing into each other... deserves little compassion (if any).  Historians will have some... but History will have NONE.  She is a cruel and unforgiving mistress.  She is cause-and-effect.  She is Science.  She is Physics.  We will die in the trenches like our Grandfathers did with no more of a clue of how or why than they did one hundred years ago. 

Pray you die of "natural causes" before it all goes down. 

Had a discussion with my wife tonight about our slide into third world status. She doesn't want to hear it. I can recite facts galore...related to poverty rates, mortality rates, our legal system, blah, blah...and it simply doesn't compute. Lately, I've been feeling like I've lost her over to the great illusion. No...she hasn't turned right wing...but her reluctance to recognize certain truths about our decline has me thinking there's definitely something in the human character that kicks in when evil becomes so ubiquitous that it can't be denied. Rather than accept 'these truths' and with it, the painful feelings they generate, most would rather look away. The reaction is...I can't do anything about it, so please don't make me think about it. So, for the most part, I don't trouble her with my observations. On the other hand, my kid is totally tuned in.

I wonder, Waldo, if you experience a similar frustration. I doubt that Pan does...knowing Medusa's character primarily from stories Pan has told about her. Question is...is it better to be married to a rock stable woman with moderate values, who tolerates your nihilism? Or should I...a 60 year old curmudgeon...declare myself a revolutionary in the US class-war, join the Occupy movement and hope I get lucky? Or should I just go into my study and watch Doctor Zhivago again?

Regardless y'all...thanks for being here. Just feeling a bit alone in my thoughts tonight.

We made a deal, early on in our relationship, that only one of us can plumb the depths of darkness and despair at a time.  Ms. Medusa keeps me balanced, not because she is little miss sunshine, but because she is a survivor - she's had to be - the daughter of an alcoholic, deadbeat divorced dad, sexually abused as a child, kidnapped and raped as a teen who, as a young adult, was in a physically abusive relationship - she keeps pushing on - not because she is in any way optimistic - but because that is the only way she knows how to survive. She will not let me give in, she will only put up with so much self-indulgence in my malaise. I keep sending out job applications to the void - fully expecting to not even get a nibble for positions that seem to be written for my qualifications - because giving in is not an option.

Bob, you and Waldo are, I think, prone to deeper voyages into the darkness than I am.  Perhaps you need someone who is unwilling to acknowledge the full weight of the situation by clinging onto hope that there are a few sun breaks now and then to balance you.  And I think your kid needs that too.  You haven't said anything so I am assuming that she is still unemployed, overqualified and "too old" - she is dealing with her own darkness.

And.....just to clarify.....I don't engage in long discussions with Ms. Medusa about the state of the world - just passing asides - our local situation has more than enough to focus our angst.

Yep. Still unemployed for all the reasons you state. The US isn't kind to us old farts. And raising a kid is expensive. But we always lived below our means, and can survive for several more years on savings. But the injustice hurts. And yer right, I think my wife has yet to recover from the shock of losing her job.

Truth be...women are designed to be nurturers. And for the most part, it's we men who have fucked up the planet...so who can blame 'em for not relating. It's the man in me that wants vengeance. That way of thinking doesn't exist in my wife. 

As always...I appreciate your clarity. If ya need me to whack someone in Idaho for ya...let me know. Love you, man. 

I like living slowly.

Powerful in a very subtle, understated way.  I can't really put words to it but the images are childlike sweet yet there is something very moving in them.

beautiful mouse...  hmmmm... 

Although we may be born with an instinct for following authority and a penchant for tribal living, I lost them both as I grew old and realized that our laws were corrupt and the masses were asses. Guess that leaves me with a passion for fairness, the golden rule, and a lust for virgins. 

Seriously, thanks for posting that. Pretty insightful and it helps a lot...if only to help understand those who need to believe our social systems are still viable. Even if they're not.

Oh well. I wonder what tribe Chris Hedges thinks he belongs to. As Stonefruit sez...I'll be a part of that one.

Mouse, Pan, Bo, Waldo, Cal, Stonefruit and all  rbc family,

Rbc is a family which is important but it is for me an education. So thank ya !!!

I just read truthdig's article by Chris Hedges "Thank you for standing up" 

Chris Hedges and Nader seem of similar thoughts in that they want the masses to stop visting Dorothy in Kansas, we ain't following a yellow brick road and for gods sake get a grip and see the damn truth - after reading these articles and reading lots while my gallbladder stones harasse me, welp  it has been through an arduous journey that the truth done hit me on me head -   the yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir which has been our motto to the master corporations is going to END and we can join, show up and stand up!

Another important note;

The video  made sense - it is so easy to say I am a liberal, or I am a republican, labeling ourselves is easy, and we forget to work together - working together, standing up, showing up and conributing to creating anew versus staying stagnante - in order for the change to work ya gotta move with the times or shut the F up.

As Billy Connolly says with his scottish accent - IT IS OVERRRRRRRRR (thanks waldo) - and he says the masses have become beigeist. Too right !

Take care all

yeah, we can dream.

Karen

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service