Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Dan Folgelberg dies of prostrate cancer. 56 years old.

http://www.danfogelberg.com/news.html

I loved this guy--sappy music and all.

Views: 2760

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mike Gravel.  Such a mensch this guy was.  Our Comrade.  The only one worth a shit besides Kucinich.  

Kermit Mayes   

Obituary of {subject.fullNameWithPrefixAndSuffix}

"Kermit enjoyed piddling around in the garage, working puzzles, going for walks, watching NASCAR and the Cubs play ball, and was an avid knife collector. He was preceded in death by his wife of 63 years, Barbara."   

A new friend,  A neighbor.  Didn't make it to Xmas.  Just found out about it yesterday (March 1 2022).  I lost a few friends this year over that rainbow bridge.  Bon Voyage Homie.  See you on the other side.   

Passing of Peace Activist and Whistleblower Daniel Ellsberg.   

We all noticed this- didn't we.  We are doing other things.  

We drank a toast to innocence

We drank a toast to now

And tried to reach beyond the emptiness

But neither one knew how   

Sure as hell wish I knew what happened to BO before my ticker stops or my brain goes ka-POW

Too bad about my man PeeWee.  But he's cool with it.  Meanwhile...  

Traditional American liberalism held that greater equality would enable achievement for all. Traditional American conservatism warned that grand schemes for improvement usually end up as disasters. K

King Charles.  How is the RBC in the UK dealing with the madness. (our own)   

Drifts of white rose petals over the path to the world.

John Pilger (of course).  Hello?  Is anyone here?  

I’m here…

I attended a lecture John Pilger gave at the art college about twenty years ago.  He had no expectations of any improvement.

Thank you for being here.  

I check in every time I get an email notice of a posting - usually by you - and then follow the link to your writing. I rarely click on links to podcasts/youtubes of people talking, preferring to read articles than devote the time to listening.

I sometimes get signed out and have to re-sign in to comment upon comments so sometimes I just read without responding.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service