Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

A place to monitor the unreal, the bizarre, the slack-jawed...

Views: 879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Fantasy Based Community.  Saw one clip a while where the crazy HP chick was going on about fetus hearts beating on the table and decided that was enough of that shit.  But the kid came over and played the rest of the cartoon and it was bags in coo-coo land.  

Here in my neighborhood they stick shit in your heart... like this fucking pacemaker.  But we're all fucked anyway.  Nihilism used to be an old person's disease... or so thought eye.  Seeing more young people getting into it these days   Wonder if it is like the depression we got from the old man.  My Deutsche boy on Cemetery Hill knew that feeling.  

Pushing you back all day, and you knew they would keep coming anyway.   But there is something about that portal.  If die Junkerhund get through there-- they will run amok everywhere.   

I was able to stomach about 13 minutes of this American cleric's hate-filled rant against the fans of Eagles of Death and the nation of France.  If he were "Islamic" rather than "Christian" he would fit in well with the ISIS world view.

Watch how "mistakes" happen.  It's a thoroughly English word like "understand."   Sad thing about the chickens.  They're all gone.  Suspect a coyote got them... or chicken failure-to-thrive.  With dog gone and man inattentive, they were free-range to the end.  I lived primarily on eggs for a year... but when it got to hot to cook again, stopped collecting eggs every day.  Still, I had grown attached to them.  Learned more about dinosaurs and such.   

The proven thing is that Europeans react much differently to "terrorism" than USAns do.  

Whew.  what a fucked-up week/ month/ year... I know you all been there.  Perhaps right now.  

I am agnostic about everything but the Mojo.  It's wet... you bet... and can seriously fuck you up if you are not aware of its existence and power.  Just read the bumper-stickers.  Team sports:  the closest we've come so far to making something out of nothing... or nothing out of something.  I forget.  

Currently burying my head in the 19th Century and trying to find an apartment downtown.  First snowfall of the year.  Trying to convince myself that Winter does not totally suck.  Miss the chickens.  

Can't remember which writer said that we in the "advanced" world don't have truly transformative rituals because we don't have the cultural support for truly entering the liminal state.  The closest we have is the "liminoid" state that is induced through sports and other spectacle.

Well done, brother P.  You have the wonderful tendency to make me look up things I thought I knew about... like "liminal."  I am overcome by the idea that Gberg was a transitional rite of passage... a transition we have not yet accomplished... but maybe enough USAns are making it now.  

Why?  Because (like in the days of plate armor) expensive war-toys could be countered with memes and numbers.  But at Gburg, the fact that were more Yanks than Southrons did not make the difference because moving such large numbers in such a small space could hurt more than it helped (like Agincourt).  

Nobody had a technological edge.  The equipment was little better than the middle ages (by today's standards).  It was a ritual. It was a dance.  More important... it was an opera:  "an art form in which singers and musicians perform a dramatic work combining text (libretto) and musical score, usually in a theatrical setting."   

The flank markers are still there... like the footprints at an Arthur Murray dance studio.  The choreography was never more evident.  And who were they performing for?  For US.  They knew it... Lincoln knew it... everybody knew it.   

As your writings often make me look things up, I am happy to return the favor.

Not having done the research on the Civil War I wonder if it was a precursor of the postmodern theatre.

Woah... "Postdramatic Theatre" set off a bomb in my brain.  Hey BO-  check out this website design.  Whaddaya think?  

Saw Needcompany's Isabella's Room in Latvia.

It was good - not as good as Double Blind Sided though.

Fun. Kind of Bauhausie. Because Germany.

Glad you guys are still inspired by the arts. I've been feeling pretty hopeless lately, which is why I've gone relatively silent. Absurdism has got me by the nads. But do carry on.

Nihilist Arby's

I do my best art when I'm feeling rather helpless.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service