Life in the Empire

This cracked me up

The Darwin Awards

Detroit , a 41-year-old man got stuck and drowned in two feet of
water after squeezing head first through an 18-inch-wide sewer grate to
retrieve his car keys.

Seventh Place

A 49-year-old San Francisco stockbroker, who 'totally zoned when he
ran,' accidentally, jogged off a 100-foot high cliff on his daily run.

Sixth Place

While at the beach, Daniel Jones, 21, dug an 8 foot hole for protection
from the wind and had been sitting in a beach chair at the bottom! When
it t collapsed, burying him beneath 5 feet of sand. People on the beach
used their hands and shovels trying to get him out but could not reach
him. It took rescue workers using heavy equipment almost an hour to
free him. Jones was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Fifth Place

Santiago Alvarado, 24, was killed as he fell through the ceiling of a
bicycle shop he was burglarizing. Death was caused when the long
flashlight he had placed in his mouth to keep his hands free rammed
into the base of his skull as he hit the floor.
Fourth Place
Sylvester Briddell, Jr., 26, was killed as he won a bet with friends
who said he would not put a revolver loaded with four bullets into his
mouth and pull the trigger.

Third Place

After stepping around a marked police patrol car parked at the front
door, a man walked into H&J Leather & Firearms intent on robbing the
store. The shop was full of customers and a uniformed officer was
standing at the counter. Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber
announced a hold-up! and fired a few wild shots from a target pistol.
The officer and a clerk promptly returned fire, and several customers
also drew their guns and fired. The robber was pronounced dead at the
scene by Paramedics. Crime scene investigators located 47 expended
cartridge cases in the shop. The subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot
wounds. Ballistics identified rou nds from 7 different weapons. No one
else was hurt.

HONOURABLE MENTION

Paul Stiller, 47, and his wife Bonnie were bored just driving around at
2 A.M. so they lit a quarter stick of dynamite to toss out the window
to see what would happen. Apparently they failed to notice the window
was closed.

RUNNER UP

Kerry Bingham had been drinking with several friends when one of them
said they knew a person who had bungee-jumped from a local bridge in
the middle of traffic. The conversation grew more heated and at least
10 men trooped along the walkway of the bridge at 4:30 AM. Upon arrival
at the midpoint of the bridge they discovered that no one had brought a
bungee rope. Bingham, who had continued drinking, volunteered and
pointed out that a coil of lineman's cable, lay near by.
They secured
one end around Bingham's leg and then tied the other ! ;to the bridge.
His fall lasted 40 feet before the cable tightened and tore his foot
off at the ankle.. He miraculously survived his fall into the icy water
and was rescued by two nearby fishermen. Bingham's foot was never
located.

AND THE WINNER IS...

Zookeeper Friedrich Riesfeldt ( Paderborn, Germany) fed his constipated
elephant 22 doses of animal laxative and more than a bushel of berries,
figs and prunes before the plugged-up pachyderm finally got relief.
Investigators say ill-fated Friedrich, 46, was attempting to give the
ailing elephant an olive oil enema when the relieved beast unloaded.
The sheer force of the elephant's unexpected defecation knocked Mr.
Riesfeldt to the ground where he struck his head on a rock as the
elephant continued to evacuate 200 pounds of dung on top of him.
It seems to be just one of those freak accidents that proves... 'Shit
happens'

IT ALWAYS SEEMS IMPORTANT TO THANK THESE PEOPLE FOR REMOVING THEMSELVES
FROM THE GENE POOL

Views: 539

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My dad would have liked those, Cal. He was a B-24 flight instructor in Denver, Colorado during the big one. He used to buzz the family farm in North Dakota on some of his training flights. His mom (my grandmother) always reminded him to fly low--thinking it was safer to be close to the ground. Damn, now I'm feeling melancholy...I surely do miss them all.

-:)  Laughed out loud on some of those, but made me melancholy too - my dad would also have enjoyed them.  He flew extremely small little aeroplanes in the early 60's as a past time.  We lived in Zambia.  Other kids used to go to the sea (places like Durban) for their holidays.  We used to puke our hearts out in the back seat of a small plane heading off to have our holiday at a mission hospital in the middle of the Congo.  Then I got older and got flown to boarding school in South Africa in a 'Fokker' ... I didn't know the 'f' word at that stage of my life but it seemed like such a rude name for a plane.

BEST DIVORCE LETTER EVER
Dear Wife, I’m writing you this letter to tell you that I’m leaving you forever. I’ve been a good man to you for 7 years & I have nothing to show for it. These last 2 weeks have been hell. ... Your boss called to tell me that you quit your job today & that was the last straw. Last week, you came home & didn’t even notice I had a new haircut, had cooked your favorite meal & even wore a brand new pair of silk boxers. You ate in 2 minutes, & went straight to sleep after watching all of your soaps. You don’t tell me you love me anymore; you don’t want sex or anything that connects us as husband & wife. Either you’re cheating on me or you don’t love me anymore; whatever the case, I’m gone. Your EX-Husband P.S. don’t try to find me. Your SISTER & I are moving away to West Virginia together! Have a great life!

—— Dear Ex-Husband Nothing has made my day more than receiving your letter. It’s true you & I have been married for 7 years, although a good man is a far cry from what you’ve been. I watch my soaps so much because they drown out your constant whining & griping Too bad that doesn’t work. I DID notice when you got a hair cut last week, but the 1st thing that came to mind was ‘You look just like a girl!’ Since my mother raised me not to say anything if you can’t say something nice, I didn’t comment. And when you cooked my favorite meal, you must have gotten me confused with MY SISTER, because I stopped eating pork 7 years ago. About those new silk boxers: I turned away from you because the $49.99 price tag was still on them, & I prayed it was a coincidence that my sister had just borrowed $50 from me that morning. After all of this, I still loved you & felt we could work it out. So when I hit the lotto for 10 million dollars, I quit my job & bought us 2 tickets to Jamaica But when I got home you were gone.. Everything happens for a reason, I guess. I hope you have the fulfilling life you always wanted. My lawyer said that the letter you wrote ensures you won’t get a dime from me. So take care. Signed, Your Ex-Wife, Rich As Hell & Free! P.S. I don’t know if I ever told you this, but my sister Carla was born Carl. I hope that’s not a problem....
Just thought I'd pass on some totally useless, yet amusing trivia about critters: A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes. (O.M.G.!!!) A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death. (Creepy. I'm still not over the pig.) The male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off. (Honey, I'm home . What the...?) The flea can jump 350 times its body length. It's like a human jumping the length of a football field. (30 minutes. Lucky pig! Can you imagine?) The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds. (What could be so tasty on the bottom of a pond?) Some lions mate over 50 times a day. (I still can't believe that pig ...quality over quantity.) Butterflies taste with their feet. (Something I always wanted to know.) Elephants are the only animals that cannot jump. (Okay, so that would be a good thing.) A cat's urine glows under a black light. (I wonder how much the government paid to figure that out.) An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (I know some people like that.) Starfish have no brains. (I know some people like that, too.) Polar bears are left-hande d. (Talk about a southpaw.) Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure. (What about that pig? Do the dolphins know about the pig?) Now that you've smiled at least once, it's your turn to spread these crazy facts.

We aren't laughing enough these days.....an essay on the place of humor within the revolution.....not funny but still worth the read.

This IS funny stuff, pan... but then-- i got a morbid sense of humor these days.  Like the whole Trayvon thing... how fucked up is THAT?  Well... it's a political microcosm.  Colliding stereotypes.  A fucking fashion war.

First... the scene... a "suburb" of Orlando-- a blight raised out of the swamp by Disney simulacra about 30 years ago.  Now the characters:  Trayvon... already on the cell-phone for 400 minutes that day talking to "a 16-yr-old girl" back in Miami...  (if we find out the chick is "white," the boogers will be falling off the table-bottom like butt flakes) and finally finds time at half-time during an NBA game to go buy... Skittles. Oh yeah... "Trayvon" is "African American."  Big surprise there. 

Then there's George Zimmerman... an armed snitch wanna-be cop raised by an authoritarian father and a Peruvian mother who calls 911 to report open garage doors and... oh yeah... "...black youths doing things."  You really don't need a PhD in social psychology or to be a master playwright to plot this one out.  The gnarly part is figuring out how George can hold a pistol and a cell-phone at the same time... but maybe they both were on headsets.  At least the kid was. 

The whole thing would have been funny if George would have shot his SUV's badly-engineered exploding gas tank attempting a cop-show quick-draw while on his cell phone and melted all the plastic yard-Santas... but instead he managed to kill the kid.  Woah.  Not funny.  Trayvon and George... a typically silly-ass American story with a very un-funny ending.  Now the medium gotta do their speculum on the simulacrum.  Quick now... try to fly with whichever character you identify. 

"Neither!" says withered waldo in the corner.  Both these diddles shoulda put down their toys and read a fukkin BOOK... instead of watchin bukka-baw and playing hall-monitor.  And think about this:  all the "black youths" whose parents can't buy them Skittles and cell phones... and all the porgies with "issues" are ka-pweening around out there with 9mm i-pods in their high-water pants and hoodies.  Ain't that a fucking scream?  Just wait until you see as many of the noobs packing as we see them now yakking. 

Is there a fucking "app" for that? 

That was a beauty, Waldo. You haven't lost your touch.

Stoopid is funny, but a country of sociopaths is downright scary. And sociopathy defines American culture. In fact, there's so many candidates now, it's hard to elect the latest poster boy. Next week it'll be someone else. The news media can't keep up. Simply put...this is what society looks like when it ends.

Oh well, back to funny...

Woman falls into lake Michigan while 'texting.'

Sales 101:  1. You are paying way less than this is worth.  2. Your toughest competitor just ordered one.  3. All cool people already have two of them.  Final exam :  greed, fear and envy.  Ba-ding. (rim shot)  . 

Very good. She shoulda said, traffic sucks.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service