Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

OK, I'm an idiot - how do you upload video?

Watch this

Views: 3438

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The concept now has a new name 'financial permaculture' ... no less.

I could do with some 'barter-buddies' out here - I'd make compost for them if they'd build me a dogproof chicken house & run. Owning some chickens in these trying times seems to me like a good idea. The vets in the town are more accustomed to treating farm animals than domestic pets in any case.
Perhaps you could put it out through Craig's List?
I've never thought of looking there. Didn't think they'd cover this part of the globe. Will post pics of the poultry if I get the hen house thing right.
http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/za

you put your request or offer on the nearest city's list, with your nearest town as your location
Hey, let's all chip in and buy this place...
http://capetown.craigslist.co.za/reo/1001427508.html

We could all live like we were in a Jane Austin novel.
That's close to where my mom lives .... the fairest Cape or the Cape of Storms depending on prevailing circumstances. One of the nicest places in the country to live is the Cape ... I am about 1500 km north east of that close to Swaziland. With the dollar/rand exchange rate y'all might be able to afford 5 1/2 million. Personally I am just scraping by in the 1/2 million category. Can only afford the odd holiday down there. You would like the Cape.
Had to check the exchange rate...Wow, only 547,000, USD. That's about average for a typical LA dump.

Very tempting indeed. Anyone want to go halfsies? Hell, with nine rooms, I'd be willing to go thirdsies.

Let's all go live out the rest of our days like french aristocrats. Make it the official nursing home for the RBC. Tut, tut, I say.
Wonder how much, it sure is perrty.
what, an leave my william inge life? curt knows what i mean!
Yip, I sure do. My favorite place was where Otter and Grouse join. I grew up there. Right there. That was grandma's land. Heaven on earth. But we didn't live there all the time. Mainly weekends and summer break. Our house was down between the Walnut and the Arkansas. Lots of water and green in that area. Too much water sometimes. I really miss it.
A chicken coop / house (with real chickens in it) is gonna be worth gold soon again. Looking back on what Pawpaw and Nanny (maternal grandparents) said helped them live through the great depression..........I remember them mentioning

laying chickens

a pig or two

a huge garden

knowing where to get fresh water - nearby

weapons and ammo and knowledge of how to use them

a bible ( I guess it helped! )

a silver tongue and a few practical trades under the belt

a strong back

the will to survive

and lastly......chickens chickens chickens chickens.

They still had chickens when I was a kid. The huge garden was there until way past my last day in that part of rural USA. The chickens were hard to keep up but while they were there, they always had a bite to eat. Eggs against wheat meal? Sure nuff. A fresh egg is worth a mil.
My parents had chickens but then we had an out house too. My brother had homing pigeons.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service