Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

OK, I'm an idiot - how do you upload video?

Watch this

Views: 3437

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought the irony was pretty funny. 

There are some good things about Kansas.  The Dems did, after all, go big for Sanders.

Unfortunately the Republicans are batshit crazy and in charge....but I've kinda gotten used to that having lived in Idaho, now Kansas and Florida.

There is an awful lot of Church radio near Manhattan.  Even a Catholic station.  But....there is also a Chinese language station which surprised the hell out of me.

The Prairie is wonderful....but I grew up in Iowa so the Plains/Prairie has a special place in my heart.  The wind is a bit incessant and the wild fires are a bit unnerving - however grass fires aren't quite as terrifying like forest fires in the West.

$48K for that house....not sure you could buy the materials to build it for that little.

The Chinese have been buying a lot of real estate in BC Canada. Maybe they're buying Kansas farm land too. 

Detroit is becoming a hipster enclave because real estate is so cheap. Plus, there's Motown.

I applied for a gig at Wayne State in Detroit. 

Yes....artists go where it is cheap....and then it gets cool...and then it turns into NYC or SF and the artist go somewhere else.

While Bernie confers with the Pope, Obama has to go convince the Saudi's not to liquidate their US treasury bonds. Why? Because the Saudi's don 't want to be exposed for doing 9-11. 

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-04-16/saudi-arabia-threatens-us-...

Trying to see if my headset works.

Seems to!

Gosh Toto... we really are in Kansas!    

Oops, two!

Just left Kansas.  In Missouri.  Pulling a U-Haul.

Hope the weather is good! See you somewhere

This "mobile" shit is annoying.  My original LG headset worked so good... i forgot i was wearing it and got into the shower... etc.  Now in the past year been through several headsets and they all break/suck.  

You can see it getting better... but not fast enough.  Slipcraft should be virtually maintenance-free.  And i am finding the 2kg weight of the Nuvinci hub is well worth itI... cadence stays constant- no matter what speed or grade.  

I've gotten more bicycle time in the past week than i had in the last year.  Gave the kid my car a few weeks ago.  Riding in the city is cool (in good weather) but can't buy anything big and carry it home.  

Not that you should... or anything like that...  

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service