Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Dan Folgelberg dies of prostrate cancer. 56 years old.

http://www.danfogelberg.com/news.html

I loved this guy--sappy music and all.

Views: 2760

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

David Cole, Architect, died Wed. 6/3/2015 CE.  Gonna miss the lad.  We used to go to the Renewable Energy thing in Wisconsin, drink beer, scotch and scramble on the rocks by Lake Superior.   Turned me on to Connie Willis and Ry Cooder. Brother Dave had great zen.  Cancer got him and he changed state. So of course he still has it, wherever he is. Conduit for Green Architecture, carrying on his daddy's craft like I did mine.  We both had to ditch it.  

We leapfrogged each other through the joke fuck douche bag healthcare system for several years.  He would come in look down at me... then I'd come in and look down at him  See ya next time.  Well, I wasn't gonna do any of that.  He once suggested I come to the party as the elephant in the room.  Hey Dave, fuck that.  We talked about that and were in agreement as usual. See ya next time old man.  We had matching aphasia strokes.  You don't get to reality with too many blokes in this life.  One of those.  Had to pitch it.  

Still fucking here to grump and bitch it.  

Sorry to hear. Got back yesterday from a three day trip to Portland to attend my wife's mother's funeral. Being Catholic, her service was an interesting choreography of medieval rituals. In the past, I would have been critical of the whole experience. These days I'm not so quick to judge. Life is harsh. Got to be some sort of consolation prize at the end.

RIP Dave and Vonna.

A true giant

Bob Ihrie- Artist- 1947-20015.   

This one hit hard.  He was one of my original good ol boys from back in the day.  We were art students together at FWAI back before it was absorbed by IPFW.  You would have loved this guy.  And he was a talented fuck too.  One night at a bar, Bob and Chuckie and I were having an argument about who was the best bullshitter in Fort Wayne.  He won easily.  It's a great story... and don't have the energy to tell it now.  

But that's how he became "Indiana Bob the Human Cannonball."  So long, I-Bob.  See you soon, buddy.  

Omar Shariff

going to own up to a major crush on this one, starting with Lawrence of Arabia, then Dr. Zhivago, and even Funny 

Girl or Lady or whatever.  

I own up too - The Tamarind Seed (with Julie Andrews!) ... but Peter O'Toole topped the list ... I never will forget seeing Lawrence of Arabia when my parents brought me from Central Africa down to the enormous city of Johannesburg for boarding school.

Yeah i was also a real peter o'toole fan.  have you seen stunt man?

No haven't even heard of stunt man .... will check it out.

Dr Z came out when I was in JR high, so I was surprised to find out that Omar was only 20 years my senior. Got to watch Dr Z again soon.

I was too young to see Dr Z - I think it came out here with an age restriction or I was at boarding school & going to movies was a rarity ... so now I have 2 movies to look out for - exactly what I need while I am in my final data science diploma study month -:)  I'm procrastinating studying so successfully I have completed all outstanding ironing for the year.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service