Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

We don't need another / a new discussion to prove it.

It is as it is.

Let this "fred" (discussion thread) live under the theme .......

long live this family

brothers, sisters, brethern, dogs, cats and birds, ants and flees, water and air and gas and Clare and Jim and him and the window Simm (??) and you and me and he and she and we and them and us and puss (???) and fish and the dish (it's on) and paper and pen.

Yip.

Views: 7017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A kind of hip-hop woodstock on wheels ....?

yeah, exactly!  i have a friend i need to send this to.  she converted a yellow vw bus to an espresso van. and her personal fullsized travel van is more like this one.  we have rareearth magnets that we use to cover up our vans when camping, they are bright and cheery!

One time, camping in Forest Service land in southern Colorado, we went for a mountain bike ride.  I was younger, leaner, prouder of my body - I was wearing biker shorts and a day pack all strapped in over my bare chest, looking back at it I realize how much I must have looked like a boy-toy in bondage - we passed a couple of redneck's shooting by their pick-em-up truck. 

They didn't really notice Ms. Medusa (who is always faster on the uphills than me) but stopped me to talk and offer me a "Bop" (a "barley pop" - cheap canned beer).  M.M. had stopped about 20 feet up the road and was laughing at my efforts to extricate myself from the backwood's come-on while Dueling Banjos from Deliverance was playing in my head ("squeal like a piggy!")

We rode further but had to turn back because I got altitude sick.  The redneck's had moved to another location on the road and, as we rode by, were very insistent that we should throw our bikes in the back of their truck.  M.M. took off (she has an amazing power of overdrive when she feels threatened). I struggled to go as fast as I could behind her.

We got back to the white '75 VW Westphalia we had parked behind a stand of trees and I gathered branches to hide it from the road.  That night I slept with my hatchet.  We call it the Bubba Ride.

The food van reminds me of the Taco Trucks one can find in American cities.....or maybe the Ice Cream Trucks.

I am looking at vehicles from a new perspective since yesterday ....

My farce at work went from me being duly apologetic about losing my temper with my manager at work when he called me a liar when I tried to correct his mishearing me due to deafness to him calling me a liar again the very next day.  I am biologically almost incapable of lying.  So I fled the office & before he had a chance to escalate my 'councelling' to a full blown 'disciplinary' hearing I lodged a grievance for 5 years of managerial abuse & sought council from the top labour lawyer in the country.  I am a pacifisit .... I would have probably done 50 years in gaol here conscientious objection before serving in the army had I been male .... but when the line is crossed I'd frighten the living daylights out of Medusa (not your one Pan) herself ... and the line is crossed.

So the due date is 2nd of August & I've been told to work from home & report in daily on what I've done until then.

The first thing I did on day one was take a lunch time drive to the local grocery shop to buy dogfood.  And at the fantastic speed of 20km /hour about 100m from my house I totalled my car against my neighbours driveway wall.  How utterly embarressing.  I have no idea how it happened.  And I also have no car anymore.

Remember the Palm Nut Vulture I told you guys about .... well he's been flying low over my place a couple of times in recent days & I have to say that with all due respect to the handsome little chap having him crap on my head is a piss-poor substitute for the Bluebird of happiness.

omg!!  what a story.  reminds me of when i had pretty much the last argument with my ex in missoula, where i finally shouted give me a divorce or else, and i ended up climbing a cement post in a heavily trafficked intersection with my vw rabbit.....

Thanks for that one Hannah.  Think cars know something we don't ....?

pretty sure they do!  i have learned so much when my cars break down, or i uhum back them into something?

As an undergraduate I had a summer job driving the "playmobile" (an old bus filled with various recreation items) to locations in the city not served by recreation programs at schools.  One day we were doing face-painting with the kids with Tempera paint mixed with dish soap.  A young boy proudly ran home to show his face painting to his parents.  About 20 minutes later he came back, face rubbed red by a hard washing, in tears to tell us that he could no longer participate in the program.  Then a bird shit on my head.

sad story.....

i couple of times i got decorated by a seagull down by shillshole.....

I don't know if it means I am maintaining a healthy sense of humour or busy cracking up but you guys have made me laugh out loud ... hysterically or hilariously I'm not sure -:)

I am black & blude from the bruises with two shiners.

Birds shitting on your head is supposed to be a good omen & it did in fact work once for me when a pigeon got me en route to an exam & I won first prize for my paper.

Both my colleague and I laughed rather vigorously after my face got "painted" by the bird.  It was too perfect.

Speaking of omens....one time my ex-wife and I were in the midst of a loud argument and the center picture from our wedding triptych (one side of her, the other of me, and the center of us both) fell out and went behind our chest of drawers.  She laughed uproariously, I got very upset.  A year later she locked me out of the house.

And then there was the job interview - right before my scheduled appointment I spilled water all over my interview costume, it dried almost immediately but I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to land that job.  About ten years later I interviewed at the same college, even without the ominous water bottle I still didn't get the job.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service