Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

We don't need another / a new discussion to prove it.

It is as it is.

Let this "fred" (discussion thread) live under the theme .......

long live this family

brothers, sisters, brethern, dogs, cats and birds, ants and flees, water and air and gas and Clare and Jim and him and the window Simm (??) and you and me and he and she and we and them and us and puss (???) and fish and the dish (it's on) and paper and pen.

Yip.

Views: 7016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes. He's very enlightened.  ;-)

Oh yes, definitely. But still living a life following our passions. Making things, art, country life and activism. Going to the dnc in Philly and digging crystals in ny state in July.

Tried to make reservations for Philly, but waited too long and was priced-out. That was over a month ago.

Have fun, but be careful. I think it's gonna get crazy. But I also think it's going to be a historic event.

We can't afford motels anyway. Will either drive our van or our Toyota mini rv. I'm sure many people will also open their places, motel rooms, churches, etc. This isn't our first rodeo.

"This is where you hear the horn and the pie.  The band hits, “How Ya Gonna Keep ‘Em Down on the Farm,” everybody does a “take” and exeunts, elbows a-bobbin, at the nonce for a place that aint onstage.  We are going to move into Slipspace like our great-grandparents did.  Instead of barnstorming, something else… like barning down the house.  Times are going to be interesting.  They always have been.

Write with grace from Slipspace.

Remember the folks at home."   

Being able to see the future is awesome.  It never turns out like you think, however...  

I couldn't watch the whole video, nor read the whole chapter.  I love silly nonsequiters, and I think farts are funny but I just found her annoying.

Maybe that's why i find the "future" annoying.  At least what i can see of it anyway.  But i am downtown in a way-bigger city where they seem to be handling the US collapse a wee better than Duckburg.  "Writing with Grace" didn't turn to be exactly what i hoped... Freeq Week and all that-- tied into eco-nomic-logical collapse.  Good basic idea... but is also "collective writing" which gets kinda dicey.  

The dialogue is mundane.  Nothing like, "...aint no butternut militia after ye now, ye goddam blue-butts!!"  there is a touch of "virtual reality" that remains troubling...  

Collaboration requires someone who ultimately is the editor.  Crowd-sourced art can work but ultimately Exquisite Corpse is only as good as the people who provide the input. There is always a risk that you get the drunk yaboos at the improv show who yell out "clever" ideas that are just stupid and mundane.

Past two nights the neighbor kitty-corner behind us has had a massive television (perhaps projector on side of house?) that is very visible from every window in the back.  The first night they had the volume up very loud for their movie.  They did turn it down (or closed a door?) after Jo called out for them to turn it down.  Last night it was sports ball. I'm hoping this is just a way to babysit/entertain the relatives during the holiday and they won't continue with their home drive-in movies.

Lots of dogs barking all over.  This is not normal. Think that relatives bring their dogs with them for the holiday.

We are landscaping.  Again.  Even though we don't think we will stay past Jo getting vested in the pension plan.  We are migrants but we keep trying to put down roots against all odds.

I feel like doing something normal without normalizing insane so I'm sharing a recipe. Recipe from LA Times, Nov 23, 1997.  This is killer. We amp up the ginger, garlic and cayenne, also use sauce we make from boiled berries and sugar. We did fish so we didn't have this.  Breaking from tradition is freeing.  It was nice not to spend the whole day making dinner that we would eat in 30 minutes and then spend another hour or two cleaning up.

Garlicky Cranberry Chutney

1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled

3 cloves garlic, finely chopped

½ cup cider vinegar

¼ cup sugar

1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1 (1-pound) can whole-berry cranberry sauce

Salt

Freshly ground black pepper

Cut ginger into very thin slices. Stack Slices together and cut into very thin slivers

Bring ginger, garlic, vinegar, sugar and cayenne to simmer in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until liquid is reduce up to ¼ cup, about 15 minutes.

Add cranberry sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Mix and return to simmer. Cook on low heat 10 minutes.

Cover tightly and refrigerate.

Leaving for Mexico in a few minutes. But had to comment on the Sportsball phenomena. 

I always know when the Seahawks are playing because of the fireworks our local sportsball fans set off during their games. Not firecrackers, but stuff that sounds like war has broken out. Stuff that rattles the nerves and make our animals seek shelter. It's irritating as hell.

But it's one more example that points to the collapse. The stupids haven't a clue about how their actions might effect other people. They assume everyone is doing the same thing they are. It's narcisism on steroids. And I see it everywhere -- adults acting like five year olds. 

"...spend the whole day making dinner that we would eat in 30 minutes and then spend another hour or two cleaning up."  

So toward the end... i ate everything everybody else left on their plates and that was my part of "cleaning up."  Then i went back to the book/computer.  It all seems so long ago.  Six months in the turret was like six years.  This seems like 6 hours.  And the ten years spent conjuring JennyQuad was Garlicy Cranberry Chutney.  Good but gone.  Worth half of severance pay?  Well, you'll never a gourmet meal if you think that way.  

Barking dogs.  They know something.  Hey.  Hey. And every morning the cats emerge from wherever and go Nowwwww."  Life goes on... but it seems like it's winding up.  Getting over the pain of moving since i bunged myself up (again).  

My dear sweet companion.  I loved you from the start.  You will never be forgotten.  You left paw prints on my heart.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service