Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

We don't need another / a new discussion to prove it.

It is as it is.

Let this "fred" (discussion thread) live under the theme .......

long live this family

brothers, sisters, brethern, dogs, cats and birds, ants and flees, water and air and gas and Clare and Jim and him and the window Simm (??) and you and me and he and she and we and them and us and puss (???) and fish and the dish (it's on) and paper and pen.

Yip.

Views: 7017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm at the co-op now... but broke.  its about a 15-20 minute hike.  Looking SW from turret 9.  That's Trinity Episcopalover there... 

Yes, it's very pointy.

Now back at Henry's... and they got wifi here too.  Might be able to hit the router from the turret.  Would do a screen shot here... but still to weird.  It's strange enough bringing a computer in here.  But can get 2-Hearted Ale on Sunday.  Life is good.  

Bell's Beer is a very solid brewer.

wtf day.  began with a $10 ninja-traffic-cops who came back on line after holly-day 10:21 am.  Friday before before-pay-thugs line is restored but cheaper than parking car.  predatory capitalism.  bound to lose.  

Speaking of predatory capitalism, I returned my first smart phone after three days of frustration. It was the simplest android phone I could find. An absolute disaster from a design standpoint. Too many problems with the UI to mention. Not to mention, all the little ways they try to get you to relinquesh your privacy, and charge you for shit that ought to be free. Like caller ID. Gave the POS back and fished my flip-phone out of the garbage. 

God, I hate the fuckers who sit around in rooms (eating cookies) trying to figure out how to fuck people over. And just like morality in the US of Asses, design is dead. Because...just because you can, doesn't mean you should. Less is more, fuckers. Give me simple elegance or take your crappy product and stick it up yer ass.

Good documentary on the "fast fashion" industry and how it trickles down in a horrific way.

True Cost.  learned the avg. murrikan throws away something like 60 lbs. of "textile waste" per years.  guess you only need so many paint rags.  still tryin to figure out parking strategy here in the city.  so far- move the car before 8am... usually get it about 6... park near the bar.  

they really do sit around and talk about how to fuck people.  It's called "value engineering."  then the ceo sticks head in and say "vayoo geneerg?  duh- waddat?  do it "create shareholder value?"  Why yes of course Mr. Deedlehead.  "duh.  dat good.  me likum.  Me fire you all.  hahahahahaha....  

We are slaves to our devices and pretend not to notice it.  Yeah cars and central-heting.  That was crude shit.  These tools affect your mind, and suppose that's good.  Good or bad... inevitable.  

Got a 1-5pm appointment with fios person to show up at the building.  frontier bought all the fios connections downtown from all the pig cable companies that now only serve the suburbs.  They seem reasonable so far.  But had to connect with the brown brothers/sisters on the South Side.  

The white fucks won't even answer their phone. It's 9:38pm  at Hens.  Hope to get online tomorrow.  

Who knew we'd all become junkies willing to pay whatever for this new fangled internet thing? 

In the Seattle area, Comcast has a monopoly and the local politicians give them blowjobs on a regulatory basis. I believe they were voted worse company in America in 2014, but as the only game in town, I'm/we're stuck with them. AT&T, who I also use because my past company provides retiree discounts, ain't much better. Both employ business plans tactics that would make Al Capone blush. 

Digital heroin. Blacks understand addiction and are probably more willing to help you 'get well.' Whites are the go-to-guys for simple extortion.

Seen on Facebook.

How to reduce illegal drug use in the US:

1) Legalize all drugs

2) Make Comcast the sole provider.

Speaking of gifts to legislators... don't drink the water.  Governor in the klink is a good idea.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service