Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Or should I say, evil has become ubiquitous thread.

Some say it's during times like these that we will witness the true character of men.

Well, here's a little snippet from today's news that shows that sometimes when the going gets tough, and the tough are getting going, some of the morally and financially bankrupt assholes that helped jump start the depression think they deserve a Mediterranean cruise. On taxpayer's money no less. Twas then I realized we're going to be seeing a lot more of this. The darker side of human nature...

For insensitivity, Wachovia refuses to be outdone
"While waiting to see if the government will relieve it of bad loans, the bank prepares to send 75 employees on a Mediterranean cruise."

Stick that up your ass, Pelosi and Franks.

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ah yes, Reverend Billy and the Church of Life after Shopping. I remember reading about him when he first left San Francisco for NY and he created his persona.

Yesterday was "Black Friday". The local "news" station had it as the lead story. Folks lined up outside Best Buy by 5PM on Thursday and stood in the cold all night so they could be the first in the store to get the bargains at 5:00 AM.

Watched Zorba The Greek - at one point the expatriate who had relocated to work his father's mine was telling Zorba to give the men the afternoon off because they had suffered through two cave-ins and Zorba turns to him and says, "Boss, you have to decide, are you a Capitalist or not?"

I'm not. I tried with the old Barefoot Studios. I just don't do Capitalism or Consumerism well.
Pan and Bo, It's crazy ! The sheepel aren't gonna stop until there is nothing left to buy. Ain't no hairspray using reverend going to stop it.

Gotta admit, that reverend had me rolling !!!!

Good luck to ye dear reverend
Scahill and Olbermann on Blackwater: Murderous Crusaders for Christ

Fucking christians. Fucking christian nation.

33 conspiracy theories that just turned out to be true.
Yet another example of the evil done in the name of fossil fuels. Haliburton (gee....why are they so often named in these things!) through the Haliburton Loophole in the Cheney energy package (remember those secret meetings?) was given complete carte blanche with no liabilities or oversight to engage in the practice of fracking - setting off mini-earthquakes to free natural gas. Of course, when the residents of the area started getting sick or their tap water became highly inflammable....oh well!......we all have to suffer a little for Halliburton's good work in keeping us fully fueled!

Amy Goodland article about new documentary revealing this - Gasland
My brother reviews Eagleton's new book, "On Evil." (or why humanity will never recover, IMHO)

Evil Is Going On Wrong
On Evil, non-fiction by Terry Eagleton
Yale University Press, 2010

Thirty years ago if the word ‘evil’ cropped up in conversation I would think immediately of late night movies, Frankenstein, Dracula, zombies, mummies, werewolves, and man-eating blobs. Giant ants, giant sharks, giant lizards, giant women, giant men. Creepy-crawly hands, disfigured serial killers, mad scientists and evil wizards. Except for the implications of social malaise in movies like Invasion Of The Body Snatchers or nuclear technology gone awry in movies like Godzilla Vs Mothra or Them! evil had only one unequivocal political dimension: Nazis. Hitler, Himmler, Goebbels, et. al. But even they seemed contained. Their example had proved so horrific that everyone felt safe: humanity had learned an important lesson. There would be henceforward safeguards against such atrocities. Those who dared could watch footage of the holocaust, turn off their TV, and breathe a sigh of relief that humanity had come to their senses and were now committed to never allowing that evil to occur again.

But it did. It has. And it will continue to. [more...]
Hey... peep these two videos:

Well now. Isn't that "special?" How does it feel to be a Koch brothers' tool?

Compare and contrast:

I'm getting a little tired of being "right." Wish I could be around in 100 years to drown a couple of "climate-change deniers" right in the middle of Wall Street... which will (thanks for the audio Hannah) be underwater by then. Well... metaphorically-- it is now. But that's not the same as the Atlantic Ocean's storm surge.
Imagine my surprise.......a reject from American Manufactured Pop Star whoring herself out to the much astroturfed Right Rimmers tea-tering on the edge. I guess she thinks "it worked for Toby Keith it could work for me....I could sell Ford trucks!"
wal shit yes, pan. aint hike-yer-skirt-over-yer-ears-and-point-yer-toes-at-the-ceiling "free-market capitalism" what made this "country" great in the first place?

So just "lay back and enjoy it" you goddam pinko.
she's no fun, she fell right over!
You ain't got no friends on the Left (You're Right!). You ain't got no friends on the Right (You're Left!). Hound dog (One two) Poontang (Tree Frog) Hound dog, poontang, coontown (I'se white!).

Ask the cop on the corner; ask the cop in the store; ask the cop on the rooftop; ask the cop in the woodpile; ask the cop that's knock, knock, knockin' at your back door. (Knock knock)...
i knew you'd get it!

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service