Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Or should I say, evil has become ubiquitous thread.

Some say it's during times like these that we will witness the true character of men.

Well, here's a little snippet from today's news that shows that sometimes when the going gets tough, and the tough are getting going, some of the morally and financially bankrupt assholes that helped jump start the depression think they deserve a Mediterranean cruise. On taxpayer's money no less. Twas then I realized we're going to be seeing a lot more of this. The darker side of human nature...

For insensitivity, Wachovia refuses to be outdone
"While waiting to see if the government will relieve it of bad loans, the bank prepares to send 75 employees on a Mediterranean cruise."

Stick that up your ass, Pelosi and Franks.

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They don't call this place the United States of Denial for nuttin.

Spent a good part of yesterday reading this article...
The Top 33 Conspiracy Theories That Turned Out to be True.

Makes me think of the line from Godfather II when Michael Corleone's wife Kay says, "Presidents and Senators don't have men killed" and Michael Corleone replies that she's being naive.

Personally, I still have a hard time believing that some people are as evil as they are. Then I think of LLoyd Blankfein or Dick Cheney, and I'm reassured that evil knows no limits...
I think TPTB having been reading things like this .... or more probably publishing them ...

"THE SECRET RACE TO CONTROL IRAQ'S EXTRATERRESTRIAL HERITAGE"
Kinda seems like the government's outta bullets at this point. Which might be why Obama's advisors are jumping ship. Could be they're getting out before the guillotines are deployed.

James Kunstler has a nice (probably should say interesting) piece on our collective doom...

Full Bore to the Vanishing Point

"It seems we're developing a whole new and interesting relationship with the rule of law in this country. Increasingly, it's become optional. And what you finally get when you opt for that is a lawless society where people simply grab what they want via the barrel of a gun and smash whatever gets in their way. Our nostalgia for the Wild West may suffer as this occurs and no one is able to live a settled secure life anymore in the USA."

As I like to say...welcome to Deadwood. Might be a good idea to start packing 'heat'.
I sometimes miss being naive and optimistic about "this great country"

The 13 Most Evil U.S. Government Experiments on Humans
Could use a little humor after that one.

CIA Apologizes for Accidentally Overthrowing Costa Rican Government

Skinheads hunt and attack Native American family - guess who gets arrested.
Probably need to start a "Return to Barbarism" thread. This is only the first inning.

I don't know if the stupid-heads are "evil" or not.  But they have michelle buttfuck... and will undoubtedly get more stoopider.  This is not politics.  It is Ponerology.  "Evil" is not- as the stupids believe-  "deviants" doing nee-nee with their no-no things.  It is as common as any company picnic.  "These are the same excesses that got them where they are today." 

Funnily enough I've also been reading quite a bit about pomerology except I didn't know that was the word for it ... the book title was "The Nature of Evil"

"Moralities equate evil with vice, malice, intentional sadism,or specific harms.  The wisdom tradition (in contrast) conceives of evil as the frustration of the individual's desire for what is lastingly satisfying".

Every human desire is rooted in the desirer's concept of self ... and when that is faulty (the good old 'unexamined life') all hell breaks loose.  And treading the path of self knowledge takes great effort and courage and leads directly into danger.

So what are we poor folk to do but work diligently and daily being 'human candles illuminating the darkness' contemplating this story of a Master when questioned about the kind of risks he took by condemning the tyranny of government and entering plague-stricken villages to offer help.

"The wise have no fear of death," he would say.

"Why would a man risk his life so easily?" he was once asked.

"Why would a person care so little about a candle being extinguished when day has dawned?" he replied.

Something to contemplate on my rocking chair on the stoep of my new home listening to the new night sounds in my environment - the sea, the night creatures and the tropical insects.  I feel like I've survived Siberian exile & accidentally stumbled into paradise at the moment - sharing it with a LOT more fleas than I suspected would make it to heaven.

Talking about dogs crapping on lawns ...

Thanks for the link. Been needing a good reference for one of my favorite topics for a long time. Always referred to M Scott Peck before, but this is much better--evil as a disease, devoid of the usual religious context.

I agree. I love the flash mob phenomena. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service