Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

....or, how to deal with the inevitable aftermath of the approaching collapse of the US and with it, the World economy. We had a thread like this going good over at the first RBC...remember, the one we all moved to from other cyber places like The Smirking Chimp and Project for the Old American Century ?? Those were the days. We were hot on convincing people the USA is fascist. Life was rough. Nobody listened. We screamed our lungs out, some of us. Still, nobody listened. The Bush bashing took the front seat of most every discussion. No time for reality. No "Blick in die Zukunft" (view in the future). Tough titty, too late, the train is gone and now we have to look around for "a place to sleep". (after a personal experience as a young GI in Frankfurt. Life sucks when you realize you blew it big time by not listening to people's warnings)

Quoting Bo......(from a mini crusade he was on today);

"Well, here's your future discussion topic: The USA is dead.

The body's been burned to a crisp, hung from a bridge, and the limbs are falling off.

The RBC is now making plans to survive the aftermath. That's the reality we need to prepare for now."

So bring 'em on, those survival techniques. Copy & Patse from the other other RBC too. What good will it do us o'er there when the damn place (TribeNet) collapses ?

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Prof. Keith Hart's lecture on "Money in the making of a world society"

Waldo, Cal, Hannah, Littleoldme, Mouse, Bo, Pan and Mark - requesting your feedback
I watched the first two parts. Part III didn't present itself, so I quit watching.

Guess I bailed before he came to his point--whatever that might have been.

Other than being a brief history lesson, I didn't get much from it. But, as I said, I didn't watch the whole thing.
You can skip to part 5, where he comes to the "point." The individual-collective thing. Here is an excerpt from "2070" (current "book project:") I love to cite myself. It's so pretentious and "academic."

"The “Industrial Age” thought it performed the alchemists’ trick on labor, turning manpower into horsepower engines. The ability to understand complex and specialized tasks made humans different from horses, and had some value even though the horse seemed stronger and more obedient. The development of new-energy-powered (such as the steam engine) machines further cheapened the “value” of human muscle. Likewise, the development of the electric computer appeared to cheapen the value of the human brain. Mass production cheapened the very idea of value. Like a puppet coming to life, “money” became the value it was supposed to represent."
(see Hubbert "Two Intellectual Systems")

Hart seems to have an idea that "money" can be transformed. I'm not so sure.
Count on the Onion:

Is there even anything to discuss?
amen to that
So there's about to be another Katrina.

Greg Palast's latest:

Expert Fired
Who Warned Levees Would Burst
Hurricane George, Four Years Later

And is the next Katrina going to be in Mobile because the same company wrote their evacuation plan? The company that apparently thought evacuation was a scatological term and won't allow cameras?

What good is warning people if they have no place to go and no way to get there?

Sounds like van Heerden went through the same academic process as Ward Churchill. A lot of that in the Justice Department also. Maybe everywhere. First they decide to fire you, then they figure out a way to do it.

Gotta wait for Part Two to find out.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service