Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

more gizmos (above) to put in your post. don't know yet if editing is an option. i may just end up being the maytag repairman out here in Fort Apache.

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ian Anderson - Jethro Tull's Christmas song ....

Once in Royal David's City stood a lonely cattle shed,
where a mother held her baby.
You'd do well to remember the things He later said.
When you're stuffing yourselves at the Christmas parties,
you'll just laugh when I tell you to take a running jump.
You're missing the point I'm sure does not need making
that Christmas spirit is not what you drink.

So how can you laugh when your own mother's hungry,
and how can you smile when the reasons for smiling are wrong?
And if I just messed up your thoughtless pleasures,
remember, if you wish, this is just a Christmas song.

(Hey! Santa! Pass us that bottle, will you?)
Excellent. Haven't heard any Jethro Tull in ages. Still love that middle-ages wandering minstrel thing Ian does so well.

Wish I still drank. I could use a little christmas denial 'bout now. Oh well, told my wife when (if) I hit seventy, I'm going to start drinking again and off myself with a couple of bottles of Wild Turkey. She thinks I'm kidding.
I caught Dick Clark briefly whilst channel surfing last night. Thought it somewhat symbolic that he was slurring his words like a drunk because of his stroke. The wheels have fallen off the cart, yet they keep trying to maintain the illusion that everything is OK.

I noticed that there was an overabundance of flag waving as well. Lots of fireworks, America the beautiful, disabled soldiers, etc. Seemed more like a forth of July celebration. I suspect the media is going to be working overtime this year, glossing over all the problems this country (USA) faces. They'll be rolling out the national pride thing in spades.

Gonna be an interesting year. Good health and happiness to y'all.
I spent NYE with an old friend. I missed her 70th, rare birthday party (she was born on xmas eve) because of the snow and bad driving conditions between Portland and Port Townsend, but due to the need to drop off my daughter and pick up my son in PT, I was able to have a celebration more my style. She had gotten a gift of some nice sippin' whiskey, and I sipped it with her delicious well water. We had a great reunion, she was midwife to a lot of PT babies, not mine though, is still a baker an truffle maker for an ice cream parlor there. She lives simply, in the woods. One of the better NYE celebrations I have had.

Haply new yearning for peace,
Hannah

beautiful pic Hannah

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service