Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Oh... don't look at the crash. Damn... you looked. "Politics" are useless. But you can't avoid looking at the wreck. Then you wish you hadn't. Dump it on this thread. Maybe we can get it out of our system.

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

WA primaries a week after Obese (Super + Fat) Tuesday. Just got my mail-in ballot. Don't know what to do. Thinking of voting for Kucinich. Know that Obama is no different but really don't want Clinton. All of that programming to "not throw your vote away" Fuck it. Probably just a symbol that will be thrown out as an outlier but I have never been good at going along to get along. Kucinich it is.
Told my wife that if Clinton is the dem candidate, that I don't plan to vote. Why would any progressive (who really should be classified as a moderate compared to the typical fascist in this country anyway) want to vote?

Dumbshit Americans are going to get what they deserve once again....

Alfred E. Newman

It doesn't matter. It's the bankers that manage western civilization anyway. The president of the US doesn't even outrank most CEO's. More like executive VP of the US human resources division.
This guy... Harold Ford Jr. ... brought back some really unpleasant memories: working for the "big company" when they brought aboard the "token" "Vice President" of "marketing." I saw Junior boy last night on Charlie Rose. Here's a former appearance with Rose. Charlie's got the Coca Cola endorsement now, btw... he's a happy guy.. so no more Moyers-type stuff on Charlie's show... he's a "moderate" now.

So is Harry Junior... current "chairman" of the "DLC," he also gets to be a "vice chairman" at Merrill-Lynch (where he hopes to "add value" to the "shareholders")... and gets to be a "commentator" on Fox "news," both "positions" probably pay fairly well. "Teaching" at Vanderbilt... "Al Qaeda and Bin Laden could marry... oh yeah, we caught Bin Laden..." etc. OK... gone as far as I can here without sounding like a KKKracker. BUT... do you see a bit of "Obama-ism" in this guy? Can you see what's happening here? The fatties are getting somewhat apprehensive.

So they're throwing us an Oreo.
W.S. Burroughs was born on February 5th.

We have a new type of rule now. Not one-man rule, or rule of aristocracy or plutocracy, but of small groups elevated to positions of absolute power by random pressures and subject to political and economic factors that leave little room for decision.

They are representatives of abstract forces who have reached power through surrender of self. The iron-willed dictator is a thing of past.

There will be no more Stalins, no more Hitlers.

The rulers of this most insecure of all worlds are rulers by accident. Inept, frightened pilots at the controls of a vast machine they cannot understand, calling in experts to tell them which buttons to push.

—William S. Burroughs, “No More Stalins, No More Hitlers,” from Dead City Radio, Island Records, 1990; and Interzone, Viking Books, 1989.
I decide to delete my posting with the video because it was so disgusting.

All the perps of that act should be made to stand naked in the town square for a day. Then shot.

I'm amazed the husband didn't do anything. That would push me over the edge.
...might be plenty o skinheads in bowling bags before this fever runs its course.
"Inept, frightened pilots at the controls of a vast machine they cannot understand, calling in experts to tell them which buttons to push."
A slick C.T. video about the Bilderberg Group and 9/11, 7/7, Afghanistan, Iraq, 2002 Bali Bombings, USS Liberty....
I gotta RANT...

ok... Romney "suspends" (weasel weasel) his "presidential campaign." Who cares? What difference does it make? The significance and possible turning point is this: it's a precise snapshot of what Bob Altemeyer is talking about: The greatest threat to American democracy today arises from a militant authoritarianism that has become a cancer upon the nation.

OK... big whoop... you know that, I know that. Here's the "reason" Romney says he "suspended" his campaign: The "war effort:" ``In this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign be a part of aiding a surrender to terror." Right. Question: is this a brain-bomb he tossed upon exit to influence the terminally stupid, or... a more horrifying prospect... does he actually believe this shit? I submit to you that he does... because he's a "double high:" a combination of a "right-wing authoritarian" and a "social dominator" who actually believes the bullshit and is prepared to act on it with a ruthlessness and cruelty that most of us "normal" folk can't even imagine.

What is alarming... no, fucking freak-out is this: more and more organizations... whatever their stated purpose... are dominated and directed by the "double-highs." This is the Truth.

This is La Realidad.
Look at Romney's eyes when he makes his terror statement. He's lying all the way until tuesday.

And yeah, the typical American is terminally stupid. That's why they can get away with this circus and why anyone with half a brain has become an uber-cynic.

What's alarming to me is the ease at which evil is able to navigate through contemporary society. I'll have to develop another formula to explain it. It's composed of many of the same components of Bo's formula for the destruction of the earth. It's all contained within the science of human dynamics.
could ye elaborate on "science of human dynamics?" understand die-off and and limited resource wars. beyond that, what is science of human dynamics?
I'd call it the study of human motivation which is governed by intellect, morality and mental health. Not only on an individual level, but as a collective as well.

Basically, 99% of humans are nuts.

Don't you think it odd that a small group of clear-thinking people would have a need to carve out this little corner in cyberspace? There simply aren't that many critical thinkers out there.

Bo's philosophy regarding the future of mankind rests on the concept that human actions are the result of human thinking. Ie. mental health. Politics don't mean shit to me. What's more interesting to me is the psychology that underlies the dynamic.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service