Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

They keep coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches. They eat away at the foundation of civilization. They lie, cheat and steal. They think the world owes them something they don't deserve. They get away with murder.

Who are they?

Views: 2440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My edit didn't save. So I will try to recapture my "brilliance" and recall what I had written.

Jameson's take on postmodernism was the one that finally made sense to me.  Of course, members of the deconstruction-is-the-way-to-forge-a-career club have criticized him savagely, claiming that he is a gasp! Modernist! who still clings to a Marxist metanarrative.

Ms. Medusa's doctoral studies had her hopping around to different specialities, trying to find somewhere she could get her PhD that didn't feel like death.  The Communication-based Performance Studies clique covered their insufficiencies with the proper intellectual sneer whenever an outsider challenged their groupthink and asked basic, foundational questions that they really couldn't answer - instead attempting to patronize and demean her with responses equivalent to "oh you poor little ignorant girl....everybody knows that!" and then not providing a real answer because...they didn't have one.

She used to come back rather agitated from class when one of the pseudo-inquiring-intellect clique had presented a project about their "performance" that was just some mastibatory navel-gazing and how the entire clique poo-poohed Ms. M's suggestion that, if they wanted to deal with performance it might be helpful if they spent a little time looking at what writers who actually....perform...on stage rather than by writing a paper....have theorized about it.

You should check out Fullbrights.  A friend of ours just gave me a pep talk.  She and her husband did one in Estonia which worked out really well and it is leading to continuing work there.  Deadline is August 1.  She said that, if you apply to teach, rather than research, you don't necessarily need to have a background in the country you are applying to.

Apparently Santorum's handlers told him to tone it down a bit...the whole Satan thing was just a little over the top:

The Republican presidential candidate told a group of supporters Sunday night that this year’s election was like the time between 1940 and 1941 when Americans didn’t act against Adolf Hitler because they thought he was “a nice guy” and not “near as bad as what we think.”

“It’s going to be harder for this generation to figure this out. There’s no cataclysmic event,” he explained, but similar urgency. “Is anybody reminding us who we are, what made us great, and what these assaults are all about?”

Ha ha. Yeah. The worn out Hitler comparison. That's much mo better.

I think the Hitler as sex object comparison is even better. Woulda worked swell during the Clinton presidency.

A brief history of how the US has messed with Iran....and maybe an explanation why Americans aren't trusted there.

It is the difference between production and productive.  All the girls want to slurp the fuhrer to get production.  Are they being productive, or is it der fuhrer vot iss providing die essence?   Stick around and find out, because that bad movie where you can't walk out has been grinding on for 60 fucking years and eye have seen all of it so far. 

Ponder the ponerology of prudish popinjay politicians preening into the papers puffing pop can piety:  can you really talk about "...abandoning the Girl Scouts because they promote homosexual lifestyles" without being laughed out of town?  Yes indeed, in Duckburg where people just pooh a silent-but-deadly right on the elevator and think no one will notice. 

Well everybody nose about it but.. and that is the issue, is it not?  To whom belonged the but?  We who are a but to get off the elevator salute you as it drops toward the basement and you cuckold culpability like rotary turtles all the way down.  Bobbing number of buts and yes buts is moot as a purple sifter when screaming mob comes to the crash scene. 

The Horror.  How could you abandon girl scouts out there alone and ravished by the advancing Bolshevik hoards corporate paper in his spare bathrooms? 

It's getting nucking putz in Duckburg where the fear and the fantasy lope prey and Sheldon is herd (a disgorging word) and the skies drop hot lard Diebold day.  The burgers are fucks who think they are ducks.  Punch and Judy show sticks on wooden puppet heads what they bleeds a damn good quacking.  Clutching forks and knives to eat.  They are bacon.  The whole damn movie.  On and on.  And you think you can step out just before it gets interesting and jump before it hits the basement.  Nice try.  Purple sifters do not work that way on the elevator.  Maybe they all have a cold.  There are two bozos on this bus: the one who did it and those who did not.  Everybody nose but no body smell.  Somebody cashed in the wedding bell who stole the king don. 

Maybe it is better that way to have the mind fade and step off a car in a dream.  Nothing you say makes cents to anybody but it makes scents.  We were chopping and left our presence on the elevator.  What is so hard to stand under living in a world of stroke victims and all that matters is pew.  Sifters in the church two.  Saw the prequel.  Hope in the poor and hairs the sequel.  What is so hard.  They kin knot here you.  Propaganda.  

Take a gander over in duck universe one quacks.  A cluck it lacks.  And they never drove a Nash potato get up from your chair now.  Woo baby.  Bout to be hit by a clue train.  Feathers everywhere.  They do not know they are wildebeests.  They have not seen the clip.  Clop even a buggy could hit them now.  The Amish rise up yen solders of lacrosse and nobody gets it.  Well duh.  Who are these posed to?  Gotta speak in code.  Only the others will crack the shibboleth.  Np time to explain it to the ducks.  Quacks me up rally. 

Here is the deal you say to the ducks.  We are all going to duck king fie.  There is node out.  Jump off on pretext floor maggot the puck out.  Dewitt now.  Go.  And the wildebeests are in the air by then before the shot gun barks at opening dawn.  They stop by after class occasionally but they are gaining altitude right now.  They are going to make it.  Eye kin tell.  Ewe can two.  They ducking fodder down good.  From then on they come unstuck in time and appear now and then to tell you the same thing about old Escape Claus gift of gabardine fabric of space time.  They are mobile and able to slip any banana republic unless they are gap.

Ponder the ponerology of prudish popinjay politicians preening into the papers puffing pop can piety

Holy alliteration!

Just what eye kneaded to finish this exponential function

All (the Indians in the world)  come down on you like There's no Tomorrow and don't leave you two heads to bury. 

"Academia" is where I decided to hole up about 10 years ago.  I had to smoke a buncha them French guys too and decided they were being deliberately obtuse... but we could go them one better with compostmodern. Focault is the giant green gas bag in Slipcraft Manifesto that appears as a sort of Joan the Bastille.  "She has been known to slip out of a dark field-fog and announce her presence with only her lights."

It all came apart December 1914 and they been trying to piece it back together with spit and bullshit ever since.  They heap it high with comic butt-flake "religion" like chips on a green-bean Cassandra ass drips and bake it up in a nice turd pie proudly served at the stupor boule election party.  If only there were enough boots and legs to kick all the "true conservatives" in the ass hard enough to shine some reality stars out in front of their pork-holed apple noses. 

Most of the volk I run into every day fart no Foucault nor belch no Baudrillard but boil about the gum mint takin their munny and gibbon it twa nagger entitlements.  I guess that means I aint deep enough in acrodemonic.  Easier to ignore, but still wish they would shut the fuck up.  Half of us will be trying to start permaculture plots while the other half busts out one of their holiday guns and heads for walmart when the beer and cigarettes run out. 

Sort of like Black Friday with live ammunition. 

Maybe you have seen "Facebook Parenting."  You can follow the links if you want to.  This smegger so far has 21 million hits.  Interested in what y'all have to say about it.  I can say plenty... but will hold off for now... except that an overwhelming majority of the responses (not scientific) seem to be positive.  Good clue, methinks, on where we get our sociopathology. 

Today is son Zeke's 20th burgday. 

Scary violent. The 'parent' IS a sociopath. If I was the teen, I'd get the hell out of there. In fact, I'm surprised no one from social services has locked the guy up yet. 

Happy birthday, Zeekster. Be good or uncle BO will have to whack you upside the head. (kidding--just being stupid ironical)

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service