Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

They keep coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches. They eat away at the foundation of civilization. They lie, cheat and steal. They think the world owes them something they don't deserve. They get away with murder.

Who are they?

Views: 2440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Where are all the sane people at? Maybe they recognize the futility and have nothing to say."   

Suspect the delusional bullshit about "Obama" and "the Democrats" comes from the same source as it did on The Chump.  They get a wee bit of "funding" from PACs that are supposed to be "progressive," so they have to pretend to buy into the lie.  Or they really do... which is even more horrible.  

What can the sane people say?  How fucking obvious does it have get?  I think neo-feudalism pretty much nails it.  And then what?  That's why I am so fascinated with Elizabeth Thorn et al.  What do you do when the bullshit becomes real and rolls over you just because it comes your way?  You get busy digging graves. 

Maybe because 'busyness" is the only "virtue" left because all the others are now recognizable bullshit.  

Busyness is good business....

Busyness is a way to keep yourself from thinking about what is going on.

Darkness Darkness...be my pillow. The new king of doomsday metaphores: here's a bit of darkness from the Kunstler blog. No one could metaphor* like Joe Bageant, but Kunstler is a pretty good substitute.

* I like the way Wonkette writers use nouns as verbs.

Here is some cold war propaganda about Estonia and Riga.  Nazis as good guys fighting Kommunism.  

"America, you've been wishing fervently for the Zombie Apocalypse. What happens when you discover you can’t just change the channel? "   --Kunstler   

So let's revise History:  " ...restrict history education to subject matter that “promote[s] citizenship, patriotism, essentials and benefits of the free-market system, respect for authority and respect for individual rights.”    

triumph of the shill.  The world according to...  Smedley Butler.  Busyness.  Not like them Pinkers.  

Hitler or Stalin?.....there is a great choice for you if you are a Balt and not Russian or German!  Kinda like being a Syrian these days.  No Exit "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Stay neutral and collect all the monies

Better yet, become a banker and start a war for fun and profit.

And what do the poor schmucks who lose their lives in these wars get? They get an Easy-Boy recliner, free premium channels and a personal greeting from the diety of their choice.

And now, the war has come home.

American culture as 'mirrored' br Russel Brand. S'pose I should say, "un-cultured." Disencultured?

If you want to appear postmodern academic you should use parentheses - (un)cultured or (disen)cultured.

Thanks for the video.  I enjoyed it....while being a bit disgusted at how these idiots have jobs in what passes for the new industry.

Maybe Jeff Hawkins has something with Bayesian Inference being a more accurate measure of intelligence than "problem solving."  Grandmother knew Ron's  mirror.     

Brand knew  perspective.  Flappy kept trying to a lame barb about open shirts and chest hair and medallions and hippie baggage that got packed before Flappy was born.   

Hoodoo it two.  

Don't know anything about the Garner case, but the mass hysteria generated by the Brown case is way overblown. The cop who shot him might have had other options, but Brown was definately a thug who instigated the unfortunate event. That he was chosen as poster boy for the racially oppressed seems rather insane.

Thug culture is as abhorent to me as the rising police state. Probably because I live in a racially mixed neighborhood where thuggery is pretty common among both whites and blacks, I have little tolerance for it. Unfortunately, when feudalism comes to town you're forced to pick the lesser evil -- even if it's a poor choice. 

Pretty sad to observe that there is little truth or justice to be found anywhere. It all looks like societal collapse to me.

BTW, the hatred and rage generated by the Brown case and resulting hysteria has become very palpable in my own neighborhood. Gonna be some shit going down for a long time to come. People need to be careful what they wish for.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service