Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

They keep coming out of the woodwork like cockroaches. They eat away at the foundation of civilization. They lie, cheat and steal. They think the world owes them something they don't deserve. They get away with murder.

Who are they?

Views: 2440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Brown case had a prosecutor who was defending the cop rather than actually attempting to get an indictment....and the St. Louis PD did every fucking boneheaded thing they could do to ensure that their public relations was completely bassackwards. The Garner case had a cop using a FORBIDDEN choke hold because it could be lethal.  It was on video.  The Brown case is just one of many.  The twelve year old with the BB gun has been labeled a thug too.  He was playing by himself in the park for fucks sake.  Ain't just the big "thug"  - which, I'm sorry, has become code word for "scary nigger".  The cops are thugs every bit as much as some stupid, oversized teenager who, like me at that age, had a chip on his shoulder and thought he could get away with being an idiot.

One of those 'scary niggers' tried to steal my kid's backpack the other day. Thugs do exist.

Have you ever attacked a cop? Unfortunately, Brown was rewarded with a Darwin award for his efforts.

Chicken or egg?...this is a violent country and blacks commit more than their fair share of it. Being a cop while society is in collapse mode is a shitty job to have. Being poor is undoubtedly shittier. Certainly that factor should be considered when crime occurs, but it shouldn't become an all-encompasing excuse for committing violent acts.

Of course the ultimate hypocrisy is that our government itself is the most violent actor of all. But as long as they can create a racial divide, no one will notice and the peeps will continue to shit in their own skillets. (with props to Waldo)

Yes, there are thugs. Yes there are blacks who commit crimes but yes, cops target blacks and blacks are subjected to far more convictions for crimes that do less harm to society than white collar crimes do.

Your kid got his back pack ripped off by a black "thug".  I guess that proves that all young black males should be targeted as thugs.....because we all know that white kids never steal anything.

Your rhetoric is uncomfortably close to that being mouthed by FOX news folks. 

Sorry if I am coming off a bit harsh but I have read way too much from white folks who claim that it is the "black racists" who are responsible for any racial problems in the US.  Clearly racism still is a problem and the fucking cops are out of control.  btw, they kill white kids too.

What did I say that wasn't true?

I don't subscribe to the rhetoric of either side as the truth has always had more appeal to me. Proud to be an iconoclast as well as a misanthrope. I admit to those two identities freely.

A little kneejerk in my reaction to the word "thugs".  Too many fucking assholes using that word for me to be able to read carefully.

My son has a couple of close black friends who call each other niggers as an expression of endearment. Try to figure that one out.

Kinda like my friends in the dance world who call each other faggots, queers and girlfriend.....I guess.

Well, based on a cursory glance at the Garner case, looks like the cop(s) fucked up. Not good. And the're not releasing the evidence. This one looks like typical NY police corruption.

And now our fruckhead prez is on the teevee fanning the flames. Great.

I have always thought that issues of racial and gender inequality are actively manipulated to keep the underclass distracted from who is really keeping us down - not that racism and sexism aren't institutionalized and real, but they are used to keep the oppressed heterosexual white men from rising up in solidarity with the oppressed gay, black, mexican, etc men/women against the .1%.

It is about race but that isn't really the root cause.  The rise of the security state is just a more overt symptom of the post-fascism (because it is global not nationalistic) of neo-liberalism.  The vile way Cal has been treated and what Jo and I are currently going through is also symptomatic of it.  Waldo's reduction in status, due primarily to his focus on encouraging critical thinking skills, is also part of it.  And  stonefruit's ongoing rejections from the academe....

And, yes "thug" culture is a pathetic response to it.  When one sees that one's society refuses to provide a fair chance to carve out a decent life, why strive to work within the system?  John Dillinger was admired for "sticking it to the man" by robbing banksters but, in reality, he was just a thug.

As Bo has pointed out several times - our society is sociopathic.  And when the overriding values of one's culture are inherently sociopathic one is a shunned outlier if one doesn't act accordingly.

Was Shakespeare a misanthrope? Societal problems arise when humans form tribes. Stay tribe-less my friends.

Brings a smile to my face that you post West Side Story for a Shakespeare reference.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service