Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

(how is this for a new thread?)

It is not the freshest news. But it is still breaking, people are still absorbing it ,and it all till needs context.

The filthy greedheads and the doomed can't have exclusive rights to this news territory. The insane and the loyal opposition must have their say as well.

My take - the Russian armada is going to bomb the living fuck out of Aleppo.  Not so much to help Assad as to show they can still break shit, and still matter in one of their few areas of influence outside of Russia. 

Sebostabol/Crimea alreadytaken and those pieces are swatted off the chess board.
Then they will pass through the Suez canal to a favorite area of contemporary interest - the south china sea, to dock at the "chinese" island. 
They will refit at Vizag (a top indian navy base), go hover around the "chinese" island in the spratleys, maybe some commando/fast boat/SEAL type training with the chinese there. then they go right by the senkaku islands on the way to vladivostick for winter.
just to show the world the BRICS aint nobody to fuck with. 
Turkish PM Erdogan just "cleaned house," by firing about 40,000 people in government and shooting a
few hundred security, military and intelligence staff accused of being Gulen supporters.  some probably were, some probably were not, and Gulen's infleunce is not as profound as the govt makes it out to be. but he just bought himself 5 more years of unchallengable rule. and the ability to flip turkey out of NATO into the BRICS. I think it is very possible and could happen suddenly if it does.
Then much of eastern europe NATO (esp former ussr/Warsaw Pact) all quit too - because it is a stupid antiquated instiution that has not had a rational strategic reason of existence since the fall of the Berlin wall.  nato is not world's army the blue hats in the UN are.
Timing - Putin put them at sea when he knew he would have a four month window of no real response from usa because of the  elections.
They will have proved they are back as a true blue sea navy, anf kicked some ass, and shored up crucial geostrategic along the way.
I feel no portence of WWIII but instead feel this is a macho country saying "we be back motherfucka!"
and the advanced cyber and ground/space/ship-to-shore warfare eqpt of china, russia (less so india) is getting really good, and hits all the achilles heels of nato/USSA, efficiently, cheaply, and on the button.

Views: 2548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tiedrich is trying to get the rowdies under control. First writing a command to not post things from Right Wing sites. Today a command to stop sending angry emails because he wrote that he thinks the Russian hacking thing should be investigated.

The Left has entered full circular firing squad mode. The hatred for Clinton and the DNC has overwhelmed any concerns about Trump and his Swampland Cabinet.

My Thoughts:

The Electoral College is an archaic, slave-owner protecting system that needs to be challenged.  "Unfaithful electors" won't change the results but it may inspire some to challenge the system.

The audit/recount won't change the results but it should be done anyway.  Unfortunately the fraud was done before the election by scrubbing voters off the rolls through Voter ID and other suppression efforts.

Trump and his minions will bring an economic boom followed by a massive recession.  Working/Middle class won't benefit from the former but will be massively hurt by the latter.

We will have a war or three more.  Whether they are actual shooting wars or "just" trade wars I'm not sure

Climate change will get worse.

We are seeing the last gasp backlash of White, Christian Hetero male privilege. There may be some very cruel laws put into place.  There definitely will be an increase in hate crimes.....by civilians and police.

The Democrats still won't get it. Still seeing articles blaming Sanders and Stein for Trump.

I'm glad I have no children to leave this fucked-up mess to. Just hope that we can get through the next few decades.

Not sure why the Globalists are attacking America's new Oligarch as Trump seems to have fully embraced the giant squid. I'm guessing globalists are freaking out because Trump is a wild card with respect to the zionist cartel that's had control over the US government for decades -- if not forever. 

Oops. another conspiracy theory. 

Trump is a wild card in everything....except looking out for Mr. Trump.

but Bibi isn't even concerned about an acknowledged antisemite as advsior.

The Nazi comments on 0Hedge are scary as shit.  

Proof that unfiltered commentary isn't always pretty. But I still prefer it to censorship.

Rowdies?  I thought we had been "banned" long ago.  The Democrats became corporate Republicans-- Red-baiting and all-- and the Republicans became fascists as the pols pivoted to the "right" ever since Reagan. Wrote this over 5 years ago. Should have said, "Death by False Equivalence."  Everybody's nattering about "bias."  Politics as usual.  Maybe the worm will turn.    

"With millions who still believe in mythical medieval sky-Santas and define their ethos in terms of their pee-pee things, Zombie Time isn’t hard to imagine." Most profound. LOL

"Death by False Equivalence (stupidy)" is classic Waldo at his best. Albeit...I don't doubt you could still put together a screed like that again. 

It'd be fun to see that article posted on the Chimp just to see what kind of reaction it would get.

Well even if i could... not sure where i would put this latest pizzagate shit...  

Oh yay! I feel so much safer knowing that we will going to war with China instead of Russia!

ENGLISH MAJORS’ TWILIGHT
The reality and mythology of an English major
BY STEPHEN AKEY

" ...today’s fixation on race, gender, and class will one day look as narrow as yesterday’s fixation on irony, paradox, and ambiguity. Actually, it looks narrow already, but I’m an irony and paradox guy, so anything I have to say on the subject of canon formation has to be understood as the discourse of white male hegemony contested by discursive modes subversive of the heteropatriarchal project. Or something like that."  

Yeah i would rather have truth than censorship.  But sometimes ya shouldn't look down da outhouse hole, eh.  

I don't know, man...the truth is almost impossible to find now. So yeah, I find myself peering into a lot of outhouse holes I wouldn't have before. I don't/can't/won't follow the MSM at all anymore. It smells even worse than what the conspiracy folks are selling. I guess you have to pick out the 'kernels' of truth wherever you can find 'em.

At some point, journalists on the 'left' became even bigger shitbags than those on the right.

https://youtu.be/Tk2s4UoWJTI

Just found the mother lode of wingnuttery HERE.  

"New polling data suggests Trump supporters don't know or care about economics, but yearn to fight the culture war"

"When it comes to hot-button issues around race, gender or general hatred of liberal ideas, that’s where you get a cohesive set of opinions from Trump voters."  Take it from the experts, "politically correct" came around to bite us "liberals" on the ass.

"Political correctness can trace its origins back to the world of 1920's Germany, where Communist academics sought to impose their Marxist views on students."  <= And the word for that is (neologism) "Jonanism."   

Jo·nan·ism-noun
1. The belief that everybody you hate is exactly the same.
2. The belief that evidence that nobody takes you seriously means you are very serious.
3. Any attempt to popularize these beliefs in book and associated website form.  

Aggressive progressives gotta stop tiptoeing around everybody's goddam "feelings."  Doesn't mean ya gotta throw anybody under the bus.  Does mean that what some us found mildly annoying others found it a 8-year root canal.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service