Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

(how is this for a new thread?)

It is not the freshest news. But it is still breaking, people are still absorbing it ,and it all till needs context.

The filthy greedheads and the doomed can't have exclusive rights to this news territory. The insane and the loyal opposition must have their say as well.

My take - the Russian armada is going to bomb the living fuck out of Aleppo.  Not so much to help Assad as to show they can still break shit, and still matter in one of their few areas of influence outside of Russia. 

Sebostabol/Crimea alreadytaken and those pieces are swatted off the chess board.
Then they will pass through the Suez canal to a favorite area of contemporary interest - the south china sea, to dock at the "chinese" island. 
They will refit at Vizag (a top indian navy base), go hover around the "chinese" island in the spratleys, maybe some commando/fast boat/SEAL type training with the chinese there. then they go right by the senkaku islands on the way to vladivostick for winter.
just to show the world the BRICS aint nobody to fuck with. 
Turkish PM Erdogan just "cleaned house," by firing about 40,000 people in government and shooting a
few hundred security, military and intelligence staff accused of being Gulen supporters.  some probably were, some probably were not, and Gulen's infleunce is not as profound as the govt makes it out to be. but he just bought himself 5 more years of unchallengable rule. and the ability to flip turkey out of NATO into the BRICS. I think it is very possible and could happen suddenly if it does.
Then much of eastern europe NATO (esp former ussr/Warsaw Pact) all quit too - because it is a stupid antiquated instiution that has not had a rational strategic reason of existence since the fall of the Berlin wall.  nato is not world's army the blue hats in the UN are.
Timing - Putin put them at sea when he knew he would have a four month window of no real response from usa because of the  elections.
They will have proved they are back as a true blue sea navy, anf kicked some ass, and shored up crucial geostrategic along the way.
I feel no portence of WWIII but instead feel this is a macho country saying "we be back motherfucka!"
and the advanced cyber and ground/space/ship-to-shore warfare eqpt of china, russia (less so india) is getting really good, and hits all the achilles heels of nato/USSA, efficiently, cheaply, and on the button.

Views: 2548

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Had to step away from 'social' media for awhile. Starting to fuck with my head and the projects started stacking up around here. Blew the leaves and crap out of my much neglected gutters in rare November Seattle sunshine and God it felt good. When doom and futility set in, the cure is doing simple chores around the house. Wish I could sleep. Insonmia is my biggest curse and I've got it bad right now. 

Dwindling number of journalists are worth folloing these days. Hedges, of course, but also Max Blumenthal, Aaron Mate, Jimmy Dore, Abby Martin -- to name some of my favorites. I'll have to check the Hedges video when I get a few moments. Kid's car broke down and got to get it fixed.

Hope you're doin well. And yeah, fucking neolibs. Hitler was less of a fascist than the typical corporate dem is these days. 

Hedges is my hero, Amerikkka's greatest living public intellectual. (Not you Noam Chomsky, because you said the truth about JFK and 911 "don't matter"). Check out Hedges On Contact on RT and Days of Revolt on Telesur. Abby Martin is awesome and I have a huge crush on her. Smart, morally courageous, and HOT AF! Just like AOC. So dreeeaaammiiiieeee!!! Flutter flutter!

Agree on Abby Martin. The woman is perfection. Probably only one or two suitors on the planet worthy of her. AOC is a sexy little thing, but IMHO, just another deluded dem. Can't stand any of 'em -- except for Tulsi. Something about a woman in uniform. Haha

Everybody should watch Abby and Chris for Thinksgiving Dinner, 11/28/2019.  Reality!  With corn innit!   

Tulsi is trip. I'm from Hawaii and I work in politics. She grew up in a cult. https://www.meanwhileinhawaii.org/home/butlersweb

Tulsi's "present" vote on the impeachment seems like a real chickenshit move.  Vote yes, or no and then defend your choice but to just weasel out of making a stand....  Very disappointed by her right now.

Twas the right thing to do in the face of a sham impeachment. Only democrat worth a damn.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/470253-journalist-chris-hedges-we...

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.  - Desmond Tutu

This Commie-bashing shit is getting old (and boring) as fuck. Knew about Sophie Scholl. Didn't know about Millie Fish until today... thanks to Yoo-toob.   

Just a reminder that Florida ain't the only place where they are batshit crazy.  From Eastern Washington/Western Idaho

Yay, Guardian. Favorite rag of the collectivists. Defending Soro's army of antifa bolshevics while blaming 'patriot' groups for all the violence -- even though antifa has been far more guilty of picking fights. Kind of justifies the statements the 'alt-right' makes about 'fake news.' They're not wrong. Most of it is collectivist propaganda. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/01/intelligence-law-enfo...

Yay fascists!  Boo rich Jew!  Wow Bob....

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service