Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Seems the peeps might have had enough. The evidence is in the number of increasing violent attacks against the system that the prez likes to call violent outbursts--as if to say they might be random and perpetrated by nut cases.

But, what if they aren't.

Seems recent events might actually be understandable given the desperation and limited alternatives some of these 'violent' individuals were faced with...

Like the guy from Florida who shot his previous employer....

"ORLANDO, Fla. - Jason Rodriguez's marriage long ago went sour, his home taken in foreclosure, his job lost to incompetence, his finances sunk in bankruptcy. It was a "stress overload" for the man accused of a deadly shooting rampage at his former office, his lawyer said Saturday.
The 40-year-old man whose life seemed to just keep getting worse was charged Saturday with first-degree murder, accused of killing one and wounding five Friday at his former office. He said nothing in his brief court appearance Saturday, but his attorney portrayed him as a mentally ill man who fell victim to countless problems."

Then, there is the couple who have been charged with 'torturing' a couple of loan modification scammers...

"LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - As Los Angeles housing advocates launched a campaign warning of mortgage rescue scams, a couple hit by foreclosure are charged with torturing two loan-modification agents they suspected of fraud, authorities said on Monday."

And we all know what happened when the army asked a muslim to go to his 'homeland' and kill his own people. Too bad they couldn't hear his objections.

Anyway...

Here's a good article on the reason we'll be seeing a lot more those violent outbursts in the future.

As Foreclosure Nightmares Increase, Will More Homeowners Pay Off Th...

"The economic crisis revealed late-capitalism's central offense: Human beings are being transparently treated if they were mere transactions. And they're going postal over it."

Or maybe they're beginning to see the entire government as the criminal enterprise it has become, and realize that that's why there's no justice for them. Maybe they now realize that the only way they'll ever experience justice is to take it by force. As Bush once said..."freedom isn't pretty." Maybe the 'war for freedom', has finally come home.

Views: 888

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh well...

What do you think will happen to Wolf PAC?  Neat idea... but it does not seem to be slipcraft.

"We must not let the corporations take over our government."

Oops. Too late.

As much as I applaud the occupy movement, I don't expect much to come from it. The left needs a sponsor. But alas, there are no profits to be made from promoting equality. This effort too, I spec will just fade away in time.

I would look to Russia to see what our future holds. We have yet to experience the full collapse of our economy, but it's coming. I think the oligarchs know that if they faced any real political threat, they could sink the US economy at any time (with props to Naomi Klein). Hunger trumps idealism and I believe our Stalin period is coming.

A great post by Jack Shaftoe on the Chimp regarding the lack of lefty principles. And therein lays the problem. Hypocrisy and self-delusion are the predominate traits of the american character. We've ceased to stand for anything but our own self-interest.

"Oops.  Too late"  EXACTLY what I thought.  This is going to be a steep learning curve... but the kids seem to be catching on pretty fast.  Floating to the top of "demands" by #OWS is "free and fair elections."  Then there are the usual "Vote Ron Paul" deedle-heads.  They'll find out soon enough.  The Truth is out there

What's happening is the kind of politic that goes on around stew-kettles on camp sites.  So far we got it pretty good in Duckburg.  I'm trying to get the kids to carry a big "Nuremberg" banner, but they get distracted... and that's cool. I would probably try to turn it into shameless self-promotion anyway, 

We are our demands. This #ows movement is about empowering communities to form their own general assemblies, to fight back against the tyranny of the 1%. Our collective struggles cannot be co-opted.

And of course all the "impeach Obama" twaddle is just that.  Oh- and calling it a "regime" is being "polemic?"  Didn't hear any objections during the last "regime," did we?  Suspicions confirmed... gatekeeper site. 

Good find on the Chris Hedges article!  I am really inspired by the kids.  We could use some inspiration thein RBC.  Hey ol man, they say, you're late!  WTF- sezzeye- I waited for YOU for over 40 YEARS.  I'm gonna go to the Turk site and volunteer as a memeticist. See what happens.  I can't send em any munny cuz eye aint got enny. 

Eye think we is like the Romans an shit.  Xcept the "barbarians" is our kids!  Wouldn't sprize me none if they knocked this sucker apart.  Go Visigoths!  Tired of Caligula of the fortyear.  It's coming apart anyway.  Methinks the kids is just practicing for the crash... and maybe they don't know that yet. 

Wish you could still post on the Chimp, Waldo. There are a few people there that could use a good and proper lashing, but I'm afraid I don't have the skills to make a good job of it. I've been very tempted to call Miss Marple out on her Jewishness, but I'd be gone in a minute. I shouldn't care, but if all we do is talk among ourselves, we ain't spreading the news. And I do try to spread the gospel as far and wide as I kin.

I checked out your corporate network link and the visual does illustrate the problem well. In fact, it kinda looks like the big ass tumor that it is. The kids have got it right in wanting to cut it out. And yeah, we should give them all the support we can. God love 'em.

Good luck with the Turk site gig. Write home if you get the job.

feh.  Turk looked like the regular old work-in-the-system organizing mosh.  not against that or anything- but it aint slipcraft.  what these gatherings are is slipcraft labs... new environment for a new technique.  slipcraft is the art of being and not being there. 

this is Z... the boy: 

and his dog, Sid (dhartha- the dog with buddha nature)  

part of the occupation... 

LOL. Dog with a buddha nature. He does look a bit yin yang being black and white and all. But he sure does have an I'm-about-to-bite-you-in-the-ass sorta look.

Zeek looks good. My own kid is rushing through puberty right now. His voice dropped over night. Now he wants to spend all his time alone. The little rascal.

I've been very tempted to call Miss Marple out on her Jewishness,

That is part of what happened to me - though Miss Marple was just one of about three or four screen identities I was dealing with....not sure if they were coming from the same keyboard or not.

If MM ain't a zionist, then there aren't any.

So, watch me get banned...

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/russ-baker/39081/obama-and-inte...

If I do. It's surely confirmation of my suspicions. Then I will start a thread called zionist assholes.

You have Tiedrich on your ass...... 

Kinda surprised he hadn't banned you for hanging out with Waldo (are there any more "kool kids" here or have they all dispersed?)

I think what ultimately got me banned was criticizing him on RBC and complaining about his non-501(c)3 fund-raising.....the final straw was when I launched a thread about zionism on his new site.

I see cewiller has chimed in - much tamer compared to the exchanges he had with me - actually, other than him being a huge pain in the ass and, I suspect, paid to be a zionist troll - I actually enjoyed my exchanges with him.

It seems that not much has changed there.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service