Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Views: 505

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brilliant marketing. Now the place will have a real, wild west panache. Like the OK Coral or the Alamo. Peeps will come in droves.

Looks like I will be spending next winter down south as i will probably be living outside... but Texas?  I would rather freeze in hell.  

We're flying to Tallahassee, FL tomorrow to try to find a house.  Plan is to move in mid-late June. Jo starts work July 1.  And then sometime in July I find a rental in Manhattan, KS.  Fruehwald is in Cape Girardeau, MO - gonna try to convince him to find a way to produce DBS there.

Texas is alright. Austin, Alpine, San Marcos, Ft. Davis, etc. The state parks. Big Piney woods east Texas. Frio, Guadalupe rivers, many rivers

Parts of Texas are alright...

I like the disclaimer at the bottom of the page:

Slingshot® is a three-wheeled motorcycle. It is not an automobile, it does not have airbags, and it does not meet automotive safety standards. Three wheel vehicles may handle differently than other vehicles, especially in wet conditions. Always wear DOT approved full face helmet and fasten seat belts. Driver may need a valid motorcycle endorsement. Don’t drink and drive.

yer up early P.  reading all the expensive toy forums... it seems there are a lot of teabaggers.  i would love to ride this thing... but most people who can afford this shit had to sell their soul... and they don't seem to mind.  

Well the mental climate... both domestically and globally... has gotten so bat-fuck insane... I retire to my two favorite archival closets:   Nazi Germany and the American Civil War (the one in 1863 CE-- not the one that's happening now),  I've had all the cake I can eat from Nazi Germany.  It's become the poster child for bat-fuck insane.  Let us look at the Victorian Era, when people were far more textually literate. Bat-fuck insanity becomes bronzed in bath of spirituality that hovers between the curious and psychotic.  

Now it's this that chicken fat.   

Victorian era: Always amazes how beautifully people wrote back then. Writng was an art that included penmanship as well as wordsmithing. Then again, same thing could be said about medieval people..at least among those who were lucky enough to be literate. Gotta love those beautiful manuscripts that monks created. 

It would seem that current forms of expression (among the lower classes) are reverting back to a more primitive period. I've taken to calling it Neo-barbarism -- The Mad Max era where ["The future belongs to the mad."].

Here's a guy with a steel-belted radial tire mark on his head. Awesome!

The tribal urge makes sense when nation, church, corporate all have betrayed us....

The tattoos to the face is a serious commitment to being very easily identified as not associated with the normals.  Something I think we all can relate to.

My tattoos are easily hidden with clothing - I still try to pass amongst the normals.

Obviously, displaying tattoos, and other adornments, designed to make one look aggressive -- like they're on the warpath and about to eat your liver -- is a little different then having a tattoo expressing a political/artistic statement. As a matter of civility, I'd rather people didn't put their tribal affilliations in my face. It's offensive. Some more than others.

I feel the same way when I see two young men dressed identically in black suits, white shirt, black tie and a little name tag that says Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints - 18 year olds given the title of "Elder" - absolute loathing.

Having been away from the city but I haven't totally forgotten how much energy it takes to maintain "street smarts" for survival in the urban setting.  Perhaps you could move so you aren't subjected to all that energy?

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service