Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

A place to monitor the unreal, the bizarre, the slack-jawed...

Views: 879

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure 'helpless' is the right word. But certainly, the pain of existence can be motivating for some. 

Picasso 1937:

Banksy 2015:

View on YouTube

Here is what is happening: a small number of crack-brained religious whack jobs are manipulating a sizable portion of the world with intimidation and murder. The only thing more important than showing everyone else patriotism is parading book-smacking piety.. usually by waving guns around and shouting... usually because their hydrocarbon overlords pay them to do it.

Sound familiar? It should. We've been buckling and bending the knee to our own sanctimonious violent bullet-heads for at least 50 years. You can read the written refuse of their steaming snores in your local newspaper almost every day. We don't say anything because our boss might fire us... or we might "loose" an "election." We have our own Christiban "terrorists" to serve our own overlords.

The blinding speed the overlords switched from one faceless abstract-noun bogyman (ie. "communism" to "terrorism") went largely unnoticed... because we all want to get paid. What the author calls "foreign policy" is exactly that: foreign to all life on earth except the overlords and their slaves. "Religious war" is perhaps the greatest oxymoron ever invented. Rulers find it useful.

We should respect everyones' "religion" like their stool samples...toxic, offensive... but could contain useful data. Handle with care.

just chilling out here still, watching the leaves fall and all that. sorry about the chickens.
Attachments:
I joined the Labour Party on Saturday, to support Jeremy Corbyn in his stance against bombing Libya. whhoops.. Syria. Already a member of Stop the War Coalition. So pleased at all those woolly hatted dears out in the cold, I stay at home, nursing peace at the back door with the rosehips and the dancing bay tree.

house mouse. it is hard not to feel sick at the prospect of expanded slaughter. I have some good medicine for that, keeping good habits of potting on and running out of window sills for scented geraniums.

how furiously the wind does blow around our houses, moaning and picking at the edge with a high whine, breaking into a sob.
the milkman brought bags of windfalls and the air is coloured with cinnamon

beautiful mouse.  

Friday was throwing brickbats at a local "killun babbys" guy.  the usual:  Middle-aged white "conservative christian" dude who is freaked out about terrists and babby murdurz cos bible and jesus.  then this shit happened... and i was totally freaked.   But any excuse will do.  

Wish I was back in your sweet civilized England right now.  Anywhere but here.  

Lucky us...we have a 'mass shooting' every single day. But not to worry... the powers that be will just redifine what a mass shooting is, and all them shootin's will just go away.

Is this a great country or what?

The fact that the Planned Parenthood had a safe room and the employees knew what to do because they have shooter drills was fortunate but it is truly sad that this is an accepted and necessary practice.

Aaaannnd... the kids can be looking forward to THIS.  

Only watched the first episode. March of 2013. That was when the North Dakota Bakken oil rush was still ramping up and rough necks were paying a 1000 bucks a week to live in a 'man camp' -- 4 to a room. Now that oil prices have dropped to a third of what they were back then, I wonder what has happened to all those temporary migrant workers? Poor folk. Just when so many thought they might have a chance to make decent money, the rug gets pulled out beneath them. Modern day forty-niners who never had a chance.

And yeah, I'd agree. The future looks very bleak for our youngins. It breaks my heart that I won't be around to help my son navigate the dystopia we created.

"Dear Lord, please make this boom last and I promise this time I won't piss away the money."  

BO- yr an old Dakota boy, right?  Sons of Norway is now a gang in Williston.  Or are you a Swede?  Sorry.  All you Nordics look the same to us Hessian (Bavarian) darkies!  

Half swede, half norwegian on my father's side. Celtic on my mother's side. That's why I'm schizophrenic. One half of me wants to conquer the other half.

Actually, my mother was mostly scottish. But who knows what that means? So many parts of the world invaded the english Isles, I could be half goth myself. You Hessian darkies probably got that way by screwing and assimilating all those Neanderthals. So there.

Sons of Norway gang? Cool. Do they wear swords? I could dig that. Actually, North Dakota is so devoid of culture, I'd have to have a really good reason to ever want to go back there. Loved it as a kid though.

Kanoodling mit der Neanderthals...ja.   Probably explains my incredibly short legs.  I was always one of the tallest people at the table... until I stood up.  Good for airplanes and kayaks... and not much else.  

Always liked ND... because there was nothing there.  Indiana has been the South's middle finger... a red(neck) state sticking up in that Yankee field of blue.  Still harassing the mono-brow Neanderthals.  

But me mum was an "American mutt."  Mostly "English" (as my Amish neighbors call anybody who isn't German).  They speak "incorrect" German... but are wonderfully fluent at it.  

At least my (really bad) "Dutch" (Deutsch) is good enough to make the Amish girls giggle... and the guys say I "talk like a bishop" which I guess means "Hochedeutch" ("high" German).  

They know their bible better than most English fundies here in Krakkerland.  I will miss the Amish.  Planning to bug-in instead of bugging out.  Getting an apartment in downtown Duckburg. "Winter quarters."   

Right back where I started 27 years ago.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service