Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

OK, I'm an idiot - how do you upload video?

Watch this

Views: 3438

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What the hell, I'm sure it pays well.
LOM- are you considering evacuating? You are in just about the worst possible place. No doubt you have read the "worst case scenarios."

Carolyn Baker's site went dark: http://carolynbaker.net/site/content/blogcategory/7/3/ oh wait- here it is: http://carolynbaker.net/ ok- she's on top of it... sort of. im afraid if this isn't the end of the fucking world... the ghastly stoopid USAns will continue with "biz as usual." "what will it take?" seems way beyond speculation now.

Is the internet up there with lights and toilets? I don't know. When the grid starts to flicker, the fun begins.
Obama Can Shut Down Internet For 4 Months Under New Emergency Powers

"President Obama will be handed the power to shut down the Internet for at least four months without Congressional oversight if the Senate votes for the infamous Internet ‘kill switch’ bill, which was approved by a key Senate committee yesterday and now moves to the floor."
I don't know if that's technically possible without shutting down the grid... and even then- this thing was designed to survive a nuclear war. The geeks I know seem equally divided on this one... but it aint like there's a master switch anywhere. Even in China the geeks are developing patches and work-arounds and selling them on the black market. I specs the info-grid is second in importance only to the electro-grid... and the two are linked. Even cable-tv ports are pretty useless without the net. I mean, how many "info-mercials" do you want to watch?

This is a sign that Lieb-frog and the rest of the reptilian sock-puppets are banking on the shit hitting the fan (which it already has). They might even think it's gonna be a "terrorist attack" or whatever other kind of twinkie cream the FATs have squirted into their hollow cake weenie heads. No doubt they have sugarplum visions of their own withered butts buffed to a high gloss by cherry-lipped page-boys before the big feast at Jabba the FAT's house.

The only "attack" is gonna be that 8 foot rebar rod we pound up there with a dead plasma-screen tevee before we plant them on Jabba's burning lawn like so many fucking bird houses.
Love the addenda at the end of the Will the BP Oil Spill Set Off A Tsunami? article:

You Might Also Like....

* Deepwater Horizon: The Worst-Case Scenario
* Gulf Oil Cover Up: Underneath Gaping Chasm of Gulf Floor is a Mt Everest Sized Cavern
* Gulf Floor Tears - Oil Volcano Pressure Too Strong For Containment
* Kucinich Speech Regarding Gulf Oil Spill
* Oil Expert On Dylan Ratigan, "Flow of Oil Much Bigger Than BP Says"
* BPing the Arctic - Shell Plans Oil Drilling Ships for Arctic
* Obama Sends Armed SWAT Team to Oil Rig
* Corexit Is Killing The Gulf - Video
* THEY ARE PURPOSELY KILLING THE GULF
* Gulf Oil Spill-Bioremediation Solution Restores Environment in Just Six Weeks
Professional opinion from theoildrum.com (no mention of methane bubble):

Quote:
First of all...set aside all your thoughts of plugging the well and stopping it from blowing out oil using any method from the top down. Plugs, big valves to just shut it off, pinching the pipe closed, installing a new bop or lmrp, shooting any epoxy in it, top kills with mud etc etc etc....forget that, it won't be happening..it's done and over. In fact actually opening up the well at the subsea source and allowing it to gush more is not only exactly what has happened, it was probably necessary, or so they think anyway.

So you have to ask WHY? Why make it worse?...there really can only be one answer and that answer does not bode well for all of us. It's really an inescapable conclusion at this point, unless you want to believe that every Oil and Gas professional involved suddenly just forgot everything they know or woke up one morning and drank a few big cups of stupid and got assigned to directing the response to this catastrophe. Nothing makes sense unless you take this into account, but after you do...you will see the "sense" behind what has happened and what is happening. That conclusion is this:

The well bore structure is compromised "Down hole".

That is something which is a "Worst nightmare" conclusion to reach. While many have been saying this for some time as with any complex disaster of this proportion many have "said" a lot of things with no real sound reasons or evidence for jumping to such conclusions, well this time it appears that they may have jumped into the right place...

Quote:

If the BP data correctly or honestly identified four separate reservoirs then a bleed-out might gush less than 2 to 2.5 billion barrels unless the walls -- as it were -- fracture or partially collapse. I am hearing the same dark rumors which suggest fracturing and a complete bleed-out are already underway. Rumors also suggest a massive collapse of the Gulf floor itself is in the making. They are just rumors but it is time for geologists or related experts to end their deafening silence and speak to these possibilities.

All oilmen lie about everything. The stories one hears about the extent to which they will protect themselves are all understatements. BP employees are already taking The Fifth before grand juries, and attorneys are laying a path for company executives to make a run for it.

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/6593#comment-648967

I think of you every day Littleoldme.
I've been trying to warn people here, they don't seem to understand at all. It's due in the North Atlantic in a few weeks and will progress around the world through the ocean's currents for as long as it lasts. Our beautiful world.

We need some powerful magic for this one.
Littleoldme, let us know what you're hearing down south. Are people talking of moving? Are people pissed?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/oilspill/news-article.aspx?story...
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/oilspill/

Thank you for your thoughts my Mouse. I worry for my kids and my grand-babies.We have a new one coming, possibly in October.
My son is talking of moving to Maine, but won't be able to for at least a couple years. He was the one with the restaurant in Whitefish Montana, until his money man partner decided to bring in a corporate group to handle the financial side of things. When they told him he couldn't hire or fire and he had to use produce and meats shipped in from other areas, cause it would save money, he told them to fuck off, he wasn't ruining his rep to save a few bucks. So he's back home in Fla. with his future Mrs. and the baby bump, till he can get enough money together and sell his house (lots of luck with that) to head north.
http://helpthegulf.lefora.com/
Connecting People Who Want to Leave the Gulf with People Who Want to Help
I hadn't heard anything about this, Waldo, we can't leave, we don't have the money to.
Perhaps you should take a look at this, Littleoldme.
Salbuchi on the well from hell, part 1.

and part 2. Haven't finished watching it yet. Sad to tell you it's impossible to wake the Christian Evangelical mindset in those I've encountered so far. They just believe this is the time they've been looking forward to, when the rest of us will see how special they really are.
People here in England haven't got a clue what's going on. It's been hot and sunny here for a change, that knocks you out. And most of the men have been obsessed by football and watching a match against Germany in the World Cup in which the English team moved so sluggishly they have engendered a national shame and self disgust. You see, a huge intertnational sporting event continues to focus the minds of many men world wide while this horror in the Gulf of Mexico continues.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service