Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

OK, I'm an idiot - how do you upload video?

Watch this

Views: 3439

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Biggest Defaulters on Mortgages Are the Rich

More than one in seven homeowners with loans in excess of a million dollars are seriously delinquent, according to data compiled for The New York Times by the real estate analytics firm CoreLogic.

By contrast, homeowners with less lavish housing are much more likely to keep writing checks to their lender. About one in 12 mortgages below the million-dollar mark is delinquent.

Though it is hard to prove, the CoreLogic data suggest that many of the well-to-do are purposely dumping their financially draining properties, just as they would any sour investment.

“The rich are different: they are more ruthless,” said Sam Khater, CoreLogic’s senior economist.
How's it going in Florida? Have you noticed effects of the dispersant there, Littleoldme? I have been thinking about your expected grandchild, and how you must be worrying.

It's been peculiar here in Surrey in respect of the Gulf. The media here in England continues to ignore most of what has been going on, and so people have no idea how serious the whole thing is. I gather it's the same in areas of your own country.

My reputation as a nutter has been consolidated by my talking about it. Its like 9/11.
You can see the flags flying in their eyes.

Have been trying to do other things the last week or two, to catch my breath and somehow make up for not daring to get involved in a local campaign that matters.

There are all sorts of people round here, and my hermit ways keep me out of their way most of the time. But this terrible business got me telling people in passing wherever I went and even where I didn't, holding the baby and phoning the Archbishop of Canterbury's office twice. The only time I did that before was when David Milliband made absurd threats to our Russian cousins, when the Georgians invaded South Ossetia with Israeli military advice upon the opening of the Chinese games.
I'm not hearing much, but then I've pretty much given up watching the news. One can only duck and cover from the barrage of bad shit for so long before yer knees give out. I read the national news in the morning on-line and pretty much ignore the local since it mainly involves rednecks, and the many, and varied, ways they can beat and kill their neighbors, wives and children. What a fucked up place this country has become.
Here's one for your WTF file:
http://video.nytimes.com/video/2010/07/29/magazine/1247468534442/hi...

mebbe good- bad- i dunno. better they should be doing energy workshops and learning about solar panels and insulation... water purification and (of course) composting pottys. but i gotta admit... not as much fun as poking holes in shit. For now.

So you tell me-- WHOM are these little bunnies planning to "shoot?" The "gummint?" Who-the-fuck is THAT?
fuck, do you think they have enough amurkan flags flying?

part of being an engaged citizen is knowing how to use deadly force....

probably there are those here would disagree with me, but i disagree with that premise.

the shooting is the hook for their history lessons?

i shot a 22 rifle at summer camp for 4 years, 5 weeks a year, also archery, so it's not like i am innocent.
Hannah-- I Completely agree that "shooting" should NOT be the "hook" for "history lessons." It's the same-ol Nazi social-darwinist "might-makes-right" bullshit. In the "short-run," it's true. Might DOES make right. In the long-run, it gets waaay more complex and difficult than that.

Besides that, so far the data show that most of such "decisions" are made within 5 yds.... not 500 yds. Our focus, methinks, is not to "train" folks how to "shoot" long-range... but how to THINK long-range.. I don't see anybody doing that anywhere.

These poor little bunnies are lambs-to-the-slaughter.
Sniper Camp would be a better name. They are trying to tell these folks they are prepared to defend themselves? lambs-to-the-slaughter is right. As if the pantry raiders are going to stand up straight in their yards with targets on their chests! and then take mother-may-i steps. Honestly....
"So you tell me-- WHOM are these little bunnies planning to "shoot?" The "gummint?" Who-the-fuck is THAT?"

Iffin' they planned on shootin' bankers, I think I'd have to sign on. But, in reality, they're probably pure constitutionalists who view the current government as being illegal--and anyone that supports 'em is the enemy. I'd almost agree with 'em, but they have that scary christian zealot thing going on as well. Tells me that it isn't enough to hate the government--that if you aren't a believer in god as well, then, you're pretty much.. bullet-worthy..also.

Oh well. It'll be nice to relive the eighteen hundreds again. Welcome to Deadwood.
So-- kops and rednecks shooting at each other?

Like I said before... that's a "two-fer!"
I'd be willing to bet this is just a new way to get people to continue to support our Right in the sight O' God to carry them there weapons, to shoot whomever ya perceive as the enemy ( and them heathen atheists) at the moment. Pass the ammo, amen.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service