Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Dan Folgelberg dies of prostrate cancer. 56 years old.

http://www.danfogelberg.com/news.html

I loved this guy--sappy music and all.

Views: 2760

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kansas sounds just wonderful - thanks for the kind thought Hannah! I could launch my little house plus dogs from here and fly in and maybe even land on any remaining wicked witches of the west and pay my way like that -:) I liked the USA very much when I was there 35 years ago ... west coast especially. I was just across the mountains from Idaho.
I have a British passport for emergency exit purposes Mouse ... so Surrey may just be where I'm headed ... but I would probably head north of that. I am a hybrid boer x yorkshireman ... born & bred in Central Africa to the tune of my father singing 'On Ilkley Moor ba'that'.
I live in an ultra conservative little town inhabited mostly by Afrikaners and Germans. Terreblanche was buried today ... and the call went out for us whiteys to all arm ourselves 'in self defense'. I am not to be trusted with a weapon ... but two of my four dogs fall into the LARGE & FEROCIOUS category (the 2 in my avator). They all sleep in my bedroom at night ... my security blanket so to speak.
I am thinking a lot these days about what it must have been like to be Jewish in Germany before the 2nd world war. An awful lot of them must have stayed put as I am doing now in the belief that something as atrocious as what happened never would happen.
Since you are thinking those thoughts a lot Cal, perhaps you will act differently in consideration of the changing situation.
Have you told your security blankets about quarantine? It is as well to prepare the doggy imagination for possible new experiences.
My father is a Yorkshireman too, from Sheffield. House prices aren't quite so silly up there.
heard that on npr, there was a terry gross interview i remember hearing years ago. hi, by the way!
btw... if ye haven't been to Stone's Place lately... there's some good new material up.
Erie... otherwise known as "stupid cat" or "loud cat" or Flownekatze... fluff-cat... died in his sleep a couple of weeks ago. Daughter Amelia was brokenhearted... and damn... so was I when I realized how we all were attached to "stupid cat." I haven't had my squares aligned to write a proper obit for the little guy.

They put the shell in a box and buried it out back... we wrote messages on the box... I wrote... "we are all diminished when even the least of us passes from our ranks. sweet dreams, little guy." not much. best i could do at the time. Amelia named him with full knowledge of the Tribe. he wouldn't hang out much with the other two orange guys. he did seem to be getting better... and was by far the youngest of the three katzen. an extra fuzzy kitten just two years ago... grew fluffy and loud... a quick life- devoted to the daughter who loved him.

I don't want to read papers today... I don't want to do much of anything. the weather is beautiful today... can't get out in it without the guilt of ignoring the papers... which is sitting on my head right now anyway... brain is in gridlock... could use the yowling downstairs and the disgusted mumble- "...now the goddam stupid loud-cat wants out." the reaper is definitely lurking about. out there with the loud-cat... waiting to come in. it's the transition i fear more than anything else. Erie got the best break any of us can get. Must have had better Karma than me.

Yeah... just another dumb cat.
Just spent way too much money keeping Fatty Arbuckle, aka Fatty, somewhat healthy in his last years. Grind up glucosomine for his arthritis, insulin shots for his diabetes and now, subdermal infusions of fluid as a "poor man's dialysis". Love that cat......

My condolences for your family's loss.
Sad catness. Duffy the dear is under the statue of Pan, wrapped in comfrey leaves for years.
Sorry 'bout yer loss, Waldo. Truth is...our damn cats own us. When they croak, it's like losing a parent.

Coincidently, my wife was talking to our 78 yo grumpy male neighbor today. He told her he had lost his cat (who was 20 years old) two weeks ago. Then she said, 'he started sobbing like a baby'. I can relate. I've had a much harder time losing pets than losing relatives.

Fuck the papers. Go enjoy the weather.
My sweet Tippy Toes is 18, and lookin' every bit his age. The hubby found him behind work, and brought him and his two brothers home. They were so little their eyes weren't open yet and I became momma. I got to bottle feed Toes because he scratched like a little mad man, and no one else would deal with it. Percy and Jack passed a while ago, but I still have my Toes. But not for much longer. I"M sitting here blubbering like a baby just thinkin' about it. Ya do become attached. Sorry for the loss.
Vanessa Redgrave has passed on. I always though she was so pretty. The first film I saw her in was Camelot. That my friends was a very long time ago.
No - it was Lynn her sister.
No Sweety, it wasn't. Never cared for Lynne.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061439/

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service