Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

We don't need another / a new discussion to prove it.

It is as it is.

Let this "fred" (discussion thread) live under the theme .......

long live this family

brothers, sisters, brethern, dogs, cats and birds, ants and flees, water and air and gas and Clare and Jim and him and the window Simm (??) and you and me and he and she and we and them and us and puss (???) and fish and the dish (it's on) and paper and pen.

Yip.

Views: 7016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Quiet here, no more dog underfoot and roundabout, have to pick up the food that falls unexpectedly from on high. there is so much more floor, all with a hint of darkness, as though she were lying there still.

no more to say, but that I might have developed a menacing demeanour.

Oh no.  Something happened to dog?  

locked into terror loop, couldn't stop listening for the engines of the racing cars, day and night. Even sedated and exhausted couldn't switch off, the last two days and nights of her life two weeks ago,
we were very close indeed and I promised her she could rest soon.

our neighbour's car, and he being the pitstop for the others those brief summer nights

it drove her mad
digging and nesting and digging and nesting and digging and nesting
trying to escape
she could hear them from miles away
would jump on my face and start her race to the centre of the earth through the carpet and the floorboards and the wall.
it was an accumulation of fear in one who otherwise was lying in the middle of the floor, sleeping amongst young children, and us stepping carefully round with 'scuse me, Maisie, so sorry to disturb you.
She died happily eating sausages, just befor the first firework of the season, and I have flung open the windows and listened to the thunder again.

Oh no ..... Maisie crossed the proverbial Rainbow Bridge?  They do seem to lie around still for some time afterwards.  Are you adapting to the loss of companionship.  My boy Jules had his 7th birthday today & he is large as a lion so I wonder how long he will continue to hog most of my bed at night.  And life without his snoring & smell & just being around waiting for me to finish whatever interminable task I am up to on my laptop is unimaginable.  No more puppies for me in my state of advanced age unemployment but I think I will foster senior dogs from shelters when my two pass on.  Maybe that way I can build up some good karma about being fostered myself as the time approaches ....

I submitted my graduation project Sunday.  No official results yet so I have to wait two more weeks but I think I made the grade.  I have no idea where I'm headed except I am slowly & reluctantly & paralytically packing up my house to move in with my sister in Dec - but wherever I'm headed at least I have a title ... Data Scientist is a nifty one I think.  I felt as flat as a pancake the day after submission.  I will surely miss the bunch of students I studied with as we panicked & sweated & despaired ... and then miraculously passed each module one by one.

New life ahead.  I need to get excited about it.  My sister is scary & has promised to arrive in December & get excited about it for me ... so I'd best get there myself small step each day.  Today I found a new home for my impressive collection of 5 kennels.  I found free transport for them down southwards to a group of people working in the townships with underprivileged kids & teaching them to train & care for their dogs.  There's a great joy in being able to send of a consignment like that & generate so much excitement at the receiving end.

"To say nothing about the dog..."  There is the question of taking Sid with me.  I don't think he would be happy at any other location.  But he always puts his nose in my pocket when other people are around.  

You should know... BO has paid the expenses here for the past 5 years.  Now it looks like I will be getting a divorce for my birthday, and the pony under the pile is a settlement.  So can cover the Ning kids as soon as I figure out how to get them all my numbers and shit.  I sit right now (as I have been for months) below a Double Blind Sided sign, and one would have to be blind to miss the irony.  

There is the option of toggling on all the facebook/ twitter intertie... I don't use it now, but some of you may.  But it could be useful for spreading Slipcraft.  

I'm already on FB - and you can create closed groups there.  I don't know about Ning, but my data science studies show that FB, Twitter, Blogs etc are all easily available data for whoever wants to analyze them to analyze them.  My final project involved analyzing 400,000 Tweets.

Twitter is a new thing for me, but I must say I'm enjoying it although still in the learning phase & sill feeling like a Twit tweeting.

Nice thing about FB & Twitter is you can have apps on your smartphone & more accessible than ning with no shortcomings that spring to mind.

Bo - thank you!

I'm on Facebook these days.  Gave in after all these years.  Wanted to start a page for Callous Physical Theatre but I had to have a personal page to administrate the Callous page.

Yes, there are closed groups on FB - that could be an option - but I'm not thrilled with the rather overt data-mining on FB.....

I'm on fb.  i use adblock, and on my phone i also use tinfoil for facebook.  i do what i can.  we should, you know, be friends, as long as we're there!

i'm on fb too.  there are yahoo groups, don't know anything about privacy on them.  there's this:  http://www.tribe.net/template/pub%2CPrivacy.vm  tribe

Erp.  Ning and blog is as far as I want to get into "social media."  Mobile and computer are kinda like "Land ist Land und Stat ist Stat" to me.   I like to keep the obvious data-mining off the computer.  Mobile... anything goes.  

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service