Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

We don't need another / a new discussion to prove it.

It is as it is.

Let this "fred" (discussion thread) live under the theme .......

long live this family

brothers, sisters, brethern, dogs, cats and birds, ants and flees, water and air and gas and Clare and Jim and him and the window Simm (??) and you and me and he and she and we and them and us and puss (???) and fish and the dish (it's on) and paper and pen.

Yip.

Views: 7016

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

...so i'm standing in line at the gas station... behind this guy in blue with the letters "TSA" on his back... and "Homeland Security Department" patches on his shoulders... buying a ream of lottery tickets (he was... not me.  It's a tax on the poor i choose not to pay).  As he walks out, I speak to the floor and the following dialogue takes place with the lady at the register: 

"Da... einen das Faschistichen..." (there... it's a fascist) 

"What did you say?" 

"It's German.  It means..." 

"I know what it means.  Is that what you think?" 

"Yeah.  That's what I think." 

(she grins and whispers)  "Me too." 

Now to be fair... (and why should we be "fair" with fucking NAZIS)... he would probably say, "...it's the only job I could get!"  He probably just runs the nekked scanner at the airport (yeah, we got one) or some such shit.  So- why not go to fucking Birkenau and get a "job" stuffing fucking ovens? 

No- my hands are not truly clean.  I'm a paper-hat degree-bag dispenser at rip-off Uni hawking "career-centric education" so fat sausage can sizzle in the skillets of the Schutzstaffel.  So it's a matter of "degree," yadda blah.  However... I am REGULAR armee und NICHT SS.  Or HSD as the case may be (and is).  I have plenty of opportunities so far to do some Svenking... and who knows?  Maybe that's what that guy does too. 

But c'mon... lottery tickets? 

Love you, Waldo. You remind me of me. Only much more articulate.

Lottery tickets?  Sure.....TSA "agents" are just regular guys....they eat pizza and stuff.

Here in Momo Land (at "only" 50% of the population we are considered a liberal town in this area), every mailbox got a postcard advertising part-time employment at the local airport in the SS.

gawd pan... now i am REALLY depressed.  after scanning the "Jaunt" site... came to realize that not only are people stoopid (I KNEW that)... they're pigs.  Well... guess i sorta knew that too. Not "everyone," of course... 

Now it has been about 10 years or so since I read "They Thought They Were Free."  There was not much there that I did not already know about the Nazi-time... but it was so focused and distilled and clear.  All the signs were there, like screaming billboards the size of the Crab Nebula... and I said to family, "let's get the fuck out of here (USA) NOW."  I was an alarmist.  They couldn't see the signs... well they could... just not as many. And not nearly as loud. 

So now I am an "h" on the fucked-up quiz... pretty good for being an agnostic. 

Not everyone orders pizza.  They had some at my daughter's the other day, left over from the night before.  I noticed the powder all over the thin layer of tomato puree on top.  Tasted some.  Monosodium Glutamate. Not much to it in substance, no wonder they had nearly eaten two. Whoa, did you see the price tag, golly, what a waste of money.  

On the other hand did make pizza twice the week before last with my own dough that was half wholemeal and half white flour, like my pancake mix.  Tasty and nutritious so that childer go to bed feeling full and contented.  Me too.  

I got this way cooking on a tiny budget for years and years.  If you're going to buy something to eat, better make sure it's nutritious.  

But my tiny sliver of a daughter always preferred refined flour, so I would feed her crumpets with lashings of butter on bended knee with tea after school.  

TSA agents hired via pizza boxes -- you'd think our society was being run by the folks at the Onion. But nooooo, even they couldn't come up with something as hilarious as this...

Republican Proposes to Cut Funding for Obama’s Teleprompter

Says the repub..."We're asking people to do more with less. And I think the president ought to lead by example. He is already a very gifted speaker. And I think that's one platform he could do without."

The Onion? Nope. Real life.

Some real life ... missing it terribly since being back.  Have booked myself two weeks back there again in September to celebrate birthday no. 54.  Do hope I make it!!  Would have sent you these with a special game reserve stamp and postmark but don't know where y'all live.  These are two of the big guys.  The dung beetles, the ants, the lizards ... 'the voice of the infinite in the small' is all there.  Anyone read Johanne Lauck's book?

Better mom & baby I think ... still getting the hang of my new netbook & scanner.

Ms. Medusa was looking over my shoulder when this came up.  We both responded with "Ohhhhhhhhh".

Very cute!

P.S.  I'm turning 54 in April.

Shit ... I'm also turning 54 this year ... I missed a year ... it's my 54th birthday I'll be celebrating in the park.  Good thing you reminded me Pan -:)

I just scrolled down the page & read my post above .... damn ... I'm turning 58 in less than a month's time.  We've all been hanging out rather a long time.

54 is a good time... as are yer 50s me believes.  you got this feeling that you can get at least one more lick in to make a difference... and it's TRUE... and you DO. 

I really don't wanna say what YOUR 60s will be like based on my own experience because it may (probably WILL) be different for you.  I sure as hell don't wanna pour any water whatsoever on the lick-in/make-a-difference meme because it's really important. 

What I WILL say is that (so far) my experience with my OWN 60s (how ironic- the calender years I "came of age") my OWN priorities are "preparing for the Other Side" (like ALL old people who finally realize their own "mortality") and traditionally that involves a lot of "church" and "god" hoo-doo which the peeps in the church biz have exploited for centuries. 

Personally, I don't want to give any more ammo to those dumass blood-sucking puke-bucket "church" fucks, most of whom deserve a steaming corn-flecked dump in their lying mouths and little else. Sorry-- I feel strongly about that... until the "transition" physically comes along and the lizard-brain has you grasping at straws... which (so far) has NOT included the church-buckets.  They can stuff all that komik-book "god" shit up their collective asses. 

Trouble is, when our "survival"/lizard-brain takes over, we are liable to say/do/think ANYTHING. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service