Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Or should I say, evil has become ubiquitous thread.

Some say it's during times like these that we will witness the true character of men.

Well, here's a little snippet from today's news that shows that sometimes when the going gets tough, and the tough are getting going, some of the morally and financially bankrupt assholes that helped jump start the depression think they deserve a Mediterranean cruise. On taxpayer's money no less. Twas then I realized we're going to be seeing a lot more of this. The darker side of human nature...

For insensitivity, Wachovia refuses to be outdone
"While waiting to see if the government will relieve it of bad loans, the bank prepares to send 75 employees on a Mediterranean cruise."

Stick that up your ass, Pelosi and Franks.

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yer right,,, and for how many years did even the brightest take great care to speak the Truth? Has it changed that much? And who is it who NOW gets shitty and violent whenever any perceived Truth threatens the prevailing paradigm?

Galileo was just an example beause he reinforced by "observation" what was Copernicus' "theory." Has anything changed that much?
No, not much difference between those times and now.

Completely unrelated to 9/11 - we are having horrific rhino poaching here ... only the horns get cut off. There is a very strong belief in Asia & Europe that the horns have aphrodisiac properties ... because of how long rhinos mate for. That's about as primitive a belief as humans are capable of .... and it's everywhere.
Do we guard what is rare, do we guard what is beautiful
with our silence?
And, of course, the figure head at the top of the free feudal system had to speak out and condemn the figure head from the oil state who had the audacity to put forth one theory and suggest that the UN should consider convening an investigatory panel. And there was that ramping up the pre-invasion rhetoric about nukes......
Ok you know my dirty little secret. I watch project runway, yep, every Thursday night I'm there in front of the boob tube. But ya know what Bo, I also attend the theater, when I can afford the tickets. I don't think they're exclusive of one another. Why can't I like both,why does it have to be one or the other? I'm sorry but I'm not willing to give up the small pleasures in my life to wallow in the misery that this country has beget. Sure the government fucking sucks and the business community sucks and the religious community sucks, but is there one thing I can do about it.................nope. So fuck it, I'm gonna eat microwave popcorn ( it'll kill ya, ya know, carcinogens) and Thursday I'm gonna dumb down with the rest of Amerka and enjoy my show.
I watch all sorts of trash TV. We will not pay for TV so we only have a few channels to opt for. And.....though I create theatre, I tend to stay away from most theatre - it really depresses me to see dreck, especially self-congratulatory dreck.

Been viewing videos of various performance artists who have achieved some acclaim, notoriety and (most importantly) funding. Very depressing. Most of it is just crap. And yet, my rejection/acceptance ratio for grant proposals is remarkably dismal - I think I have about as much chance if I just played the lottery. But.....I never went to New York, was determined to pursue my career in my own way.

At least when I watch America's Next Top Model, I know that it is going to be self-congratulatory crap and the World Wresting Soap Opera is going to have the same extended story lines....
I pass no judgements on folk who need a drug of some sort to make it through the day. And truth be told: my wife watches that crap by the boatload. And I haven't left her yet.

As long as you know it's crap...might as well enjoy it.

OK, gotta go. Wipeout is on.
lmao. It's really pretty amazing how easily you can get hooked. The only time the tube is on at all is when I watch runway, or the blessed Yankees are playing b-ball. It's really just there as a dust magnet, it attracts most of it so I don't have to dust the chotchkies so often. :o)
This morning Washington Week danced around Mahmoud Ahmadinejad'speech like flea-circus acrobats. Instead, they focused on "the economy" and "don't ask don't tell."

A good speech- in spite of the obligatory ceremonial blabber about "god."
Alright, here's one of my vices
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/

BBC Radio 4. It isn't perfect but it is familiar.
And here it is, AP follows up with 9/11 conspiracy theories rife in Muslim world . So, if you are a Truther that must mean. you be a wide-eyed Islamist or antisemite.

Yet every fact and official assertion only feeds into alternative views that become amplified on the Internet, some tinged with anti-Semitism because of the close U.S.-Israeli alliance.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service