Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Views: 206

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Had that vertigo problem once. I'd sit up and the room would spin.

Figured I had a brain tumor or an inner ear problem. It was an inner ear thing--as I'm sure it is with Medusa. Typically, a calcium deposit breaks off and brushes up against the little inner ear hairs that tell the brain which side is up. Took a good week for it to go away when I had it.. Weirdest damn thing. Like riding a roller coaster whilst sitting on the couch. Just tell her it's one of the benefits of age.

Congrats and good luck in new digs. Probably the best place to be during these crazy times.
Yes I had it too once. Never did figure out what it was but figured it was some kind of ear infection affecting my balance. It lasted about a week.

Making sprouts from mung beans, fenugreek, mustard seeds .... helps keep the salad balance .... you just add them to the take aways and get all sorts of good nutrients from them.

My eye op was a miraculous success. I've been extremely short sighted with a bad astigmatism since I was about 5 years old ... coke bottle thickness glasses. When they took out my cataract they put in a lense that fixed my eye so I see like a normal person. I look forward to waking up each morning just to see the colours around me. Next eye gets done on Monday ... I hope it works out the same way. It will be really strange not to wear glasses anymore. Never knew having cataracts could turn out to have such an unexpected golden lining.
Too cool, Cal.
I saw my first humming bird of the summer yesterday. He was after this flower(Don't know the name) a friend gave me, some kind of trumpet flower. Too sweet.
The cardinals have become every day visitors. Mr. & Mrs., they cheep like squeak toys.
Cal, that's so wonderful.
You can see.......
Ah!
Today's the day, let us know how things go. When will you know if it works? I have to fill my bird feeders today. It's a quagmire in the yard from all the rain we've been getting, so I'll wait till it dries up alittle. Don't want my fat ass to sink. Since the cigs are gone, the Fat Fairy has come to live at my house. But the hubby has gone from 120 to 146, that's a good thing. He's looked like a camp survivor for a long time now. Mind, if I get any bigger, they'll be sharpening the harpoons.
Aw gee - that 'breathe' video link says 'no longer available'.
Well I've made it through cataract op no. 2 - eye still sore and blurred but I am hoping that like the 1st one it will be clear by tomorrow morning. Eye no. 1 got tested today and for the first time in my life I got to the very bottom of the eye testing charts with only 1 mistake without any glasses .... normally I sort of bale out half way through even with my glasses on. Boy am I relieved those ops are over!! There are some disadvantages to losing my pleasantly blurred world view .... I had no idea there was quite so much dog hair on all my clothes before ... or that the house was quite so dusty. I am feeling rather blessed that my vision problems were fixable. There was an old lady with me in the waiting room who's retina is deteriorating in an unfixable sort of way and she is having to cope with the fact that she is going blind.
Thanks for all the well wishes and the 'breathe' reminder.
There must be something wrong with YouTube ... or South Africa has been cut off from it because I get 'Sorry video no longer available' for everything I try to view there. Will try again tomorrow with both eyes.
my dear friend, look for a clip of Midge Ure's "Breathe", let it rip and nJoy. Seeing is believing, cat and dog hairs and dust......are real, as is friendship from afar. Keep breathing, never gove up, and relax......adjustments must now take place.

luv & peace

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service