Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

more gizmos (above) to put in your post. don't know yet if editing is an option. i may just end up being the maytag repairman out here in Fort Apache.

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just look at the different strands of information here. This helps me to put my unexpected experiences with the local food initiative and the transition town introductory evening into a context that sits comfortably. I found this page rather fascinating all the way to the bottom.

It makes sense of the fellow's attitude, not cohesive with his declared purpose. No wonder we weren't on the same wavelength. That happens a lot with young bureacrats I find. As though their lives actually have no meaning other than to carry out someone else's plans. What an abnegation of responsibility. It is their sea change we require. The awakening of the sleeping promise within them. If only they have the qualities that are so precious to our future, imagination and love of the people.

I have met some great men and women, and I know what it feels like to inhabit the space between things, that place of perfect freedom, where we choose for ourselves according to our will to create a country in which our children may grow and blossom, where we can all learn how to be true.

If all the agents of the various interests would only take responsibility for their own thoughts and actions it would help considerably to adjust the course of humanity, don't you think.

After all, it has never been necessary for a good man to fulfill the purposes of an evil master.

Take population control. My mother taught me that the most effective form of population control is to educate the girls. It works beautifully. Population stabilises and falls.

Doing the right thing is intoxicating, rejuvenating, better than any drug.
So what are we?

All gods' chillun got a label. Those of us who believe:

1) The collapse of what could have once been the USA is not only inevitable, it's happening right now. Or maybe it happened some time ago. Or maybe it never existed in the first place.

2) The celebrity-cult Punch and Judy puppet show loosely known as "amerikkkan politix" is at best a distraction and at worst a dangerous delusion. Don't take it seriously... it only encourages them.

3) We'd better pull our heads outta our asses and figure out something real wid a quickness, udder-wise it's going to get much much shittier than it already is... and it's going to get shitty enough.

Whaddya call people like that?

I call them the Reality-based Community and we are everywhere. There just aren't very many of us and we're spread pretty thin. It's not a question of "enough of us to make a difference" because it only takes one. There's no point in organizing because we already know who we are. We don't have to "do" anything because reality is what it is... and you can't "create your own reality."

It's just nice to run into some of the others now and then... and we do so in the damndest places. That's kind of ironic because lots of noodle-heads think we're on the road to hell anyway. The only problem with that is they might go out of their way to try and send us there. No need to grope for a "solution," because reality is what it is.

It's good to know you(r)('re) brothers and sisters. We are not alone.

You may have a label you like better. You don't have to wear it because... reality is what it is.

Maybe we are the ones who know that sometimes reality is what it aint. I stick a coupla burma shave signs out on the net every now and then and point em back here. Sometimes i aint so sure that's a good idea. We got a lot of material here and at the other site... sort of a breadcrumb trail.

Are we figuring out something real? Anybody know what that might be?
Maybe, and haven't a clue.
"Are we figuring out something real? Anybody know what that might be?"

Avoidance. Gonna watch the collapse from a distance for as long as possible.

Try to figure out where the safest perch might be. Kick myself for not doing shit about it.

Realize that man is hell bent on self destruction. Nothing is going to change that.

In the meantime, try to enjoy life and love my fellow man, regardless. Although, getting harder to do.

Why am I here? Where else can you get this kind of therapy for free?
"PS how do i disable getting alerted in my email"

Go to your profile page, click settings in the upper right-hand corner, then click email in the upper left-hand corner. Select/deselect your options. Save.
That chance of a "quantum leap forward in the evolution of consciousness" might depend upon everyone who has a good thought to share, sharing that thought.
Continuously thinking outwards and gathering more information and understanding is important.

I don't usually bother about new year resolutions, being on much the same track in a changing landscape, journeying relentlessly on towards the glorious arms of my celestial mother, dazzling in her embrace. A far away firmament lighting me on, her warmth - my warmth.

However, this year I would very much like to be a lot more daring, a lot more forthright, but beautifully so and possibly abstract; above all comprehensible. Oh to be Brave and Quick.

Yes, there is so much to do. Would you like to know about my new book? "The Artful Ribbon" by Candace Kling (second-hand and gorgeous). It has very fine photographs and a clear text, all about making flowers from ribbon. It contains this passage:
"What a pleasure to hear a student reminisce about being taken to San Francisco in the 1920s to the City of Paris department store, notions department, to choose ribbon flowers for her party dress. To meet the enormous demand at the time, women worked in ateliers, the workrooms of France, producing ribbon flowers on crinoline for export. For many women over the centuries needle arts were not a hobby. They counted on them for their livelihood. They were professionals. The vintage texts reflect this when they proclaim that the quickness and cleverness of a certain bow will help you turn a tidy profit."

I've been thinking for a long time about new crafts and old crafts, and the good effect of craftsmanship upon the mind and the senses.

My dog is trembling because of the fireworks, it must be tomorrow already. Happy New Year my dears. Time for a glace cherry I think, luckily my pajamas are warming on the radiator. Will tip toe up the stairs because of young ones staying (24 and 5).

Now for the dreams that teach our secret selves how.
Heavens Mouse, it has been forever since I made ribbon flowers. I haven't even thought of that craft in years. Thank you for the reminder. I think ribbon flowers will be my newest "keep my hands busy" makework. I had a house full of little people for x-mas this year. What fun, all the giggling and silliness that goes with the very young.
We

It

is

now

häppy nevyeer

dancing verboten !

nix tanzen, or elles.

a good 2009 to all......

curt
P.S. just saw a UFO pair. Bright Red lights, partially stationary then moving like jets way above but NO sound at all. One went dark as the other kept on. The extents the MIC will go to. Tsk tsk tsk. ;o) Me likes the lights. Pure entertainment... just like O'Bahmer.
2009 is now 2 hours old in domionist krakkkerland. Merry New Year.
Well, it's 2009. Does anyone feel any different then they did yesterday?
All the bright optimism spewing from the TV last night made me wonder how
much realism there is in any of our media.
Granted they couldn't very well preach doom and gloom on
"Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve", but it seemed frantic some how.
Maybe it's I'm gettin' old. What a waste of time and money to go
all the way to Times Square, just to be crowded together like sardines
in a can. People screaming so loud in the background of one of the interviewers,
I reached to shut the noise off. Such a monumental waste of time and energy.
Oh and speaking of energy, they were patting themselves on the back that this new, multi-million
dollar "ball", saved so much energy compared to last years ball. Give me a break.
Take that money and spend it on the people who don't have any food or heat, not on a fucking
Giant crystal ball. Ah, priorities.
Well anyway, happy new year.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service