Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Oh... don't look at the crash. Damn... you looked. "Politics" are useless. But you can't avoid looking at the wreck. Then you wish you hadn't. Dump it on this thread. Maybe we can get it out of our system.

Views: 266

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm glad I'm fucking old.
Trust Waldo to turn a groovy hippy dippy newage fortune-telling thing into a rant about the disposal of useless eaters...

We were warned not to make any big decisions because Mercury was going into retrograde. So we went and bought a house, are moving to another state, and are in the process of changing the Studio from a sole proprietorship into a not-for-profit collective. I guess we are fucked - and we were warned!

Mercury, the god of commerce and thieves, travel and racetracks, ranchers, alchemists and long distance floral delivery.

Twenty one years ago (hmmm, only 4 years left in the realignment!) I joined several of my fellow SF Bay denizens to hike up Mt. Tam to see the dawn of the Harmonic Convergence. Got interviewed for a local radio station on the way up. Never thought it was going to make a difference other than get a bunch of wide-eyed idealists out of bed and on the trail. Probably helped the Sausalito restaurant breakfast/brunch business that day. My date and I dined on a deck, watching seagulls steal food off the tables of diners who weren't aggressive enough in defense of their meals. Fucking useless eaters.
LOL, Pan. Made my morning.

If it weren't for the great cynics here -- with humor to match -- I woulda blown my brains out by now. Thanks for keeping me sane.

Still laughing.
Okay Pan, god of floral arrangement deliveries? LMFAO
Haven't read stuff like that since about 15 years ago when I lived with a guy who went bat-shit crazy on the new age stuff helped along with healthy doses of ketamine and cocaine. He was a rather charismatic type medical doctor and had a huge following who he convinced to 'hold onto their hats' as we were travelling though a 'photon belt' that was going to rearrange everything we took for granted to set those of us who saw the light free. It certainly set him free of his house, his money and his medical practice. I was obviously not of the right 'light-seeing' calber and managed to hang onto my house, my car, my job and my four dogs. I am forever grateful that the beings of light passed me over in my mundanity -:)
Food, fuel supply fears as European truckers strike

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-world/20080528/INTERNATIONAL-F...
Ha, thought you might like to laugh manically at the demise of British democracy. Enjoyed listening to this chap, David Davis, on the radio today,
he made a good resignation and protest speech
just in time to follow the lunchtime headlines live.
Nice.
Cheered me up after last night's awful vote for 42 days detention without charge.
The right wing keyboardists are saying that Palin is qualified because she kills, cleans and cooks moose. Further proof that nothing matters except the political labels to the American voter.

CIA Vets are Scared
These critics point especially to the McCain campaign's top national security adviser Randy Scheunemann-who ran a front group promoting war with Iraq and the fabrications of controversial Iraqi exile politician Ahmad Chalabi, the Committee for the Liberation of Iraq, and who has lobbied for aggressive NATO expansion. Scheunemann's record, they argue, encapsulates everything wrong with the past eight years of Bush leadership on intelligence issues, from a penchant for foreign policy freelancing and secret contacts with unreliable fabricators, to neoconservatives' disdain for the perceived bureaucratic timidity of the CIA and State Department, to their avowed hostility for diplomacy with adversaries. If McCain wins, "the military has won," says one former senior CIA officer. "We will no longer have a civilian intelligence arm. Yes, we will have analysts. But we won't have any real civilian intelligence capability."
You've probably seen this: Massive police raids on suspected protesters in Minneapolis.

At least in the old Chicago days, the pigs had the nuts to come at us with just hard hats and sticks (there WERE armed hello-copters overhead... and Natural Guard on hold..and they had their pistols)... they DID take off their badge IDs... but they didn't wear ski-masks.

THESE cream-puff porkies gotta have body armor and assault rifles. They gotta talk scary tuff-stuff over cuffed and cowed youngsters. Naturally, there's a lot of chatter now on the net as to properly preparing bacon. Those of us on the "short list" can't afford such talk.
Some good information about the raids:
http://silencedmajority.blogs.com/silenced_majority_portal/2008/08/...

Personally, I feel the same way about these pigs as I do about 'the troops.' I have no respect for either. Not in the context of executing illegal raids or illegal wars.

I think the correct position for Americans to take, is that their government has started a war against its own people and should respond accordingly. IMO, If the government is going to use violence to suppress the rights of its people, then violence used in defense of those rights is justified.
The big "V" has been "justified" for a long time now. Even the Paulitos are starting to freak. Let's see what happens when THEY get their heads busted. The pugs are shutting down Monday's "activities" because of a tropical storm 1000 miles away.

Hard to tell what's going on with "the troops." The impression I get from reliable sources is that they're just being mercenaries... no more-- no less. If they don't get paid, we'll probably see some fun. The pigs are real brave when they're up against peaceniks. I would write a lte about the absurd pig presence here in krakker city... but to be honest- i don't need to get shaken down on some trumped-up bullshit. Yep- I'm a-skeered o the pigs.

Judging from the videos, the pigs outside the house(s) were easy to identify. According to some witnesses, the pigs who stormed the house(s) were masked. I would say, anybody who would participate in such a blatent illegal act is just another fucking PAID TOOL. Peep da 4th Amendment:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Now... what kind of hack "judge" signed the "warrants?" And what kind of hack-ass "evidence" (supported by OATH OR AFFIRMATION) supported "probable cause?" Who PAID these fucking tools... and how much? No mistake... I aint down with that big "V" shit at all... ONLY because the pigs will respond by brutalizing the defenseless for pay (like the Iraq invasion)... but at this point, "all options are on the table." The Demonutz got to have their happy "Obama" party... in spite of the knock-down bullying going on right outside.

The Pugnutz deal may be somewhat different.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service