Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

Israel is our Friend, The Holocaust is Justification for Everything they Do.

Apparently the German F.M. Steinmeier and the U.S. State Department have coordinated their talking points and claim that any criticism of Israel is disguised anti-semitism.

Views: 411

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Bay of Pigs in Gaza

One day in the fall of 2006, the U.S. consul general in Jerusalem, Jake Walles, went to Ramallah to meet with Mahmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen). As diplomats do, he took with him a document known as "talking points" - a prepared memo listing the main elements of what he was going to tell the Palestinian leader. For some reason, perhaps by accident, Walles left the document behind when he left, with the result that the American monthly Vanity Fair is able to publish a first draft of a chapter in the history of the rise of Hamas and its takeover of the Gaza Strip. (The article can be accessed at www.vanityfair.com under "The Gaza Bombshell" in the April 2008 issue.)

According to the paper left behind by the consul general, he wanted to pressure Abu Mazen to take action that would annul the outcome of the elections that had catapulted Hamas to power. The author of the article, David Rose, reminds his readers that President George W. Bush had pressed for the elections to be held, contrary to the advice of several experts, who warned that Hamas would emerge from them strengthened. But Bush wanted democracy. Now he effectively wanted Abu Mazen to cancel the elections in retrospect.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice gave him an ultimatum: two weeks. Abu Mazen said it was necessary to wait until after Ramadan, the holy month. When nothing happened, Walles showed up and warned the Palestinian president that the time had come to act. Instead, Abu Mazen launched negotiations with Hamas on the establishment of a unity government. At this point the Americans moved to "Plan B."

That was a plan to eliminate Hamas by force. In fact, it was to be a deliberately fomented civil war Fatah was supposed to win, with U.S. help.
Speaking of "typical," this is it... and not confined to this "administration," although it seems more prevalent among the corporatists-- but then-- I have known little else. They favor "democracy," unless "the people" make the "wrong" choice. They favor "competition," unless they lose. Any type of "ideology" is quickly abandoned when it comes in conflict with "me-make-out." Or more bizarre... it is papered-over with some kind of twisted "rationalistic" bullshit.

The Unis are spending themselves sensless on brick-and-mortar infrastructure so they can "compete" (ie- get paying butts in the seats)... so they have to charge ghastly outrageous prices per credit hour... (NONE of which goes to the schleps who are "teaching," thank-you-very-much). Typical at my low-level community schools... who have busted their asses to build dorms... "resident" students are paying $28+k per year... which could have gotten you through Yale 10 years ago.

But more to the subject of this thread... yeah yeah- it's the "holocaust" (or anti-semitism), or "slavery" (racism in the case of some black opportunists)... all very real and true... but often the highfalutin remedy for the abstract injustice done to others in another time is a thin veneer over "me-make-out." In the case of Israel, this poor corner of Palestine was the dumping ground for the displaced Jews of Europe... oh... how conveeeenient for setting up a military outpost with surrogate soldiers in the middle of OIL-LAND. As usual the well-intentioned largesses for redress goes into the pockets of the same opportunistic fatties who are supposed to "represent" the redressed group.

Perhaps it would be better to note the fare of secular people and groups within supposedly "religious" states... as well as other dissidents.
"The majority of Jews in America must start to act and stop worshiping the State of Israel like it was God. Some people say it’s like the worship of the Golden Calf in the Bible. Idolatry."
--Combatants for Peace
Another opportunity to communicate for the quick witted:

AlJazeeraEnglish on YouTube -
"This week we're asking...what can Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas accomplish by resuming peace talks with Israel?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_SQ-fO0Wr

Or is that something that might get a person into trouble?
Apparently Without Irony, Washington Post Says Jewish Advocates Demand that Obama Show 'Fealty to Israel'

The story continues: supporters of Israel are rising against Obama, there is a major push this week to destroy his candidacy. Today's Washington Post reports on a debate yesterday arranged by United Jewish Committees in D.C. among Jewish advocates for Hillary, Obama, and McCain. The debate became a rout, the Post columnist averred, in which the advocates for Hillary and McCain "used their time to raise doubts about Obama's fealty to Israel."

Fealty to Israel? They portrayed Obama as a dangerous leftwinger, and when the Illinois senator's surrogate defended Obama's statement that the U.S. does not have to cleave to Likud policies, Ann Lewis, Hillary's advocate, responded:

"The role of the president of the United States is to support the decisions that are made by the people of Israel. It is not up to us to pick and choose from among the political parties."
More settlement homes being built in the West Bank
Is anybody else following the pbs documentary, Bush's War? I saw a bunch of 6-year-old boys with saucepan helmets, garbage can lid shields and mom's yardstick swords getting up a game of "war" in Georgie the rich kid's back yard. That's why he gets to be "general."

I wonder if the boys in 1945 Berlin put on saucepan helmets... oh wait. The grownups gave them panzerfausts...

As usual, the web-site comments tell much. I wonder what the 60-70% who "approved" then are saying now. "I have a theory..." (Bunnies?) no... Ron Paul.
"Is anybody else following the pbs documentary, Bush's War?"

I watched it. I almost came here afterwards to start an "I'm enraged again" thread, just to express the disgust I feel for this broken country.

How can any of them--outside of the obvious sociopaths...Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice--live with themselves. Why haven't Collin Powell and George Tenent hung themselves?

I think this country's leaders are worse than Nazis. At least the Nazis had developed an ideology--and were honest about their goals. Bush and company are motivated by pure greed and lust for power--devoid of any morality what so ever.

Kids have always played army, or cowboys and indians, etc. It's instinctual. What's changed is we've traded in John Wayne for a used car salesman. Honor and personal integrity are dead. We've entered a new period where the crooks are firmly in control and sociopathy reigns.

The US is simply.....evil.
How can they "live" with themselves? Remember... you're not talking about adults here. It helps to remember they are spoiled 6-year-olds badly in need of adult supervision. Look at Mr. "flies on the eyeballs guy," fatboy. Cofer Black... who wanted heads-on-pikes blah blah blah... where did he go? "...In early 2005 Black became Vice Chairman of Blackwater USA." They just want to get more toys under the xmas tree than their pudgy pals... lickspittle bureaucrats justifying their "jobs," swiping their dad's Playboy magazines for Richie Rich so he'll give them the x-box discs he's bored with.
Propaganda tour for the Daily Kos and others.

I note that they won't be touring the West Bank settlements....

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service