Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

“Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it, you'd have good people doing good things and evil people doing bad things, but for good people to do bad things, it takes religion.”
Steven Weinberg

Views: 625

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Doooooo be there

But then again, there is this:

Lady biology expert Todd Akin has more information to share about how ladies work. Most recently, Akin analyzed the behavior of his opponent in the US Senate election, Democratic incumbent Sen. Claire McCaskill. According to Akin's research, McCaskill isn't as "ladylike" as she used to be, which means that she will lose. 

In an interview with the Kansas City Star, Akin explained how he made the finding: “I think we have a very clear path to victory, and apparently Claire McCaskill thinks we do, too, because she was very aggressive at the debate, which was quite different than it was when she ran against [Republican] Jim Talent (in 2006),” Akin said. “She had a confidence and was much more ladylike [in 2006], but in the debate on Friday she came out swinging, and I think that’s because she feels threatened.”

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/americas/united-sta...

Girls and boys we're ready to boogy. Are you there'?

tteeeny tiny toes twingkling?

All the bright lights banginfg thelir heads againtst the wall.

oh come on. I just had a dirink dpwn th epub.

I waited for 25 years and now.

Is this all that's left  http://www.911forum.org.uk/board/viewtopic.php?p=162687#162687

wow - that is some bizarre stuff, kbo234 tries to pull off in his long tome.  Let me see if I have this straight, because Romeo and Juliet is a classic, those priests weren't really guilty of anything unless they engaged in legitimate forcible rape instead of that fancy, dancy statutory rape that the US and the UK invented.  And lawsuits against the Church for their continued cover-up by transferring known pedophiles to new parishes are akin to Hitlarian anti-semitism.  wow.

Continuing the discussion of fundie assholishness, proof that one doesn't have to be a former president of Iran to make heterosexist and really stupid remarks - you can be an Israeli Mayor accused of fraud.

Fred Phelps, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, and Moshe Abutbul walk into a bar in San Francisco's Castro district......looking to convert.

We don't need no stinking convertions. What we need is a global program to eradicate religious thinking from the masses. As an alternative -- since that ain't gonna happen -- why not sit back and enjoy the show? At least until fire breaks out in the theatre, and we all become toast.

Is there a church for hedonists? I want to join.

I never quite got the evangelists who don't see any contradiction in their denial that good works by individuals have anything to do with personal salvation yet they are committed to actions in the Middle East to hasten the Apocalypse.

W's crusade hasn't ended - he is helping covert the Juice now.

Nothing says sociopath like self-righteousness.

Speaking of sociopaths. Just now catching up on the Toronto mayor scandal. What a hoot. 

Another sociopath vying for power

Slipcraft designed for Rivers:  

The Chassis.   The Motor.   The Fuel and tank. 

Use a Zen Koan as an epigraph. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service