Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

A thread dedicated towards possible solutions rather than the rather pessimistic fare we engage in with much of our other communication.

Views: 1430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Waldo will remain thornless, even from the suckers."
congratulations on the allowance, my dh just started getting social security, he is 68 in a few days, and just never realized it would be worth it!!

ooooh, the only blackberries i have had contact with left me looking like a cat fight referee!
Thank you Hannah. It makes me feel even more dutifully inclined in these times. Blackberrying was an easy and blissful Autumnal occupation. My mother's blackberry and apple pie is something I can almost taste thinking of it, it was a shining light amongst pies.

Last summer I met local teenage boys who didn't know what blackberries were, and refused to taste them or pick them themselves, pulling faces and drawing back as though they were dangerous!

And now here is a treat for us:

Here's an interview with former BBC Senior Middle East Correspondent Alan Hart telling the whole truth as few have dared though they had understood:
radiodujour.com Kevin Barratt and Alan Hart on Truth Jihad Radio. An mp3 file to share .
"Gulf Oil Gusher Conspiracy Cover Up" is on a very interesting site regarding solutions to our ills.
http://peswiki.com

And here is a British truth forum thread on the subject: 911forum.org .
thx mouse, interesting read
Undoubtedly, the capitalists are in control - and the regulators have been aiding and abetting those they were supposedly regulating - but the idea that there is some sort of vast conspiracy in place the put the New World Order in charge by intentionally causing the oil devastation ("spill" is just too small a word) is based in a whole lot of unsupported speculation.

BP, et al were trying to do it on the cheap and the government looked the other way. The Gulf is fucked up for decades and the capitalists are, far from being penalized for their gross hubristic carelessness, going to apply the Shock Doctrine (as coined by Naomi Klein) and make billions more.
Reading it kinda reminded me of the old days on the chimp, when people were sure "Pinky and the Brain"( George and Dick) were going to take over the world.
Speakin o the old site... lurked by and found Queen Teedee's latest "does-this-dress-make-me-look-fat" thread. The oxymoronic "my-sandbox-I-am-Queen" contrasted with regular pan-handling for "donations" has bored tedium to death. "Customers," is it? sheesh.

Of course the COTO position is that the NWO is behind EVERYTHING. They are even capable of controlling the weather. oookaaayyy... this looks like garden-variety greed-and-stupidity to me. Fire and Ice.

From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.

I can't come up with much to say on-line any more. I feel like the pilot out of "airspeed, altitude and ideas." Guess it's time to fly into the crash as best you can. "This Gulf oil gusher situation is like 911 in slow motion." Well... that would call for a new wave of stupid. I'm sure the manager morons are quite capable of that... but it taxes me imagination to try and guess in what way they could possibly get any stupider. That's why the "NWO" just doesn't cut it for me. They're just NOT that fucking smart.

Solutions? They're out there... piecemeal. It's the kind of stupid that isn't necessarily a low IQ. It's a kind of blindness... or call it "willful ignorance." It's an ontology that has evolved greed from being a vice... to a virtue (thanks, "objectivists")... to a religion- like Bunny Foo-Foo-- master of compartmentalization.

It's heading toward violence... and the goobers will fuck that up too.
I guess the only solace in this mess--when I'm not feeling intense rage-- is that many others are feeling the same sense of futility (I prefer rage over nihilism even though nihilism is probably, more rational). Here's a bit of borrowed commentary from my brother's blog as proof of that...

Quote:

The virtual impossibility of plugging that hole or diverting the other 60% (happily assuming that diverted 40% is a reliable figure) of that oil is precisely what has me and thousands of other people completely freaked out. Add to that the equally impossible task of putting any real reins on the unbridled greed of Wall Street, and you've got a population of people looking frantically for something diverting on TV or the Internet or God knows, maybe even a book. As Baudelaire's soul once cried out, after being offered a number of places to go, to get away, to escape: "No matter where! No matter where! As long as it's out of the world!"

There is a reason everything from the awaited rapture of the fundamentalists, to the unfocused rage of the tea partiers, to the deep sighs of undisguised futility punctuating the jeremiads of progressive radio host Mike Malloy, to the unspeakable but believable horrors of Cormac McCarthy's The Road, is tinged with the black toxic gooey substance of human despair. Malloy frequently alludes to a psychological manifestation called "learned helplessness." On the other hand, Chris Hedges, at Truthdig, looks somewhat wistfully at the riots in Athens, perplexed, as I am, that they are not happening here.

.... so I don't know.... All we can do is keep on keeping on until we can't keep on keeping on.

End quote.
Yip .... "All we can do is keep on keeping on until we can't keep on keeping on." My little teensy tiny bit of working for the environment this morning was to leave enough doggy doo on the lawn to keep the dung beetles going. Wherever it looked like they were busy I left the pick up until tomorrow. Have to take refuge in 'small victories'.
Cal's dung beetles on my mind rescued a fat caterpillar indoors only to lose it on a favourite plant, such camouflage.
Reply button missing down there.
These delightful blue skies we're having are so so surprising after years of persistent condensation trails blocking out the light. The planes are still there, flying by.
There has been a change of government of course, can that have anything to do with it? Can't help wondering whether a weather modification 'dimming' experiment has been cancelled.
Our last prime minister was forever bleating on about the New World Order and signed away our sovereignty when he signed the Lisbon Treaty. In Britain today we are still more thoroughly spied on than East Germans were under Communist rule, so they say.

Of course I feel guilty because of the filthyfying of the Gulf of Mexico. It has a British label on it, like some other horrid deeds. Every day it troubles my soul, as it should. But bringing despair. Not much use to the little fishes in a tight spot.
Air-Purifying Road Surface Eats 45% of NOx Pollution

Researchers at the Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands have tested pollution-eating concrete on about 1,000 square meters of roads in the town of Hengelo. We already knew it worked in the lab, but this was a real-world test and the results are pretty impressive: a 25 to 45% reduction in oxides of nitrogen (NOx) over the special roads. This could mean that someday our roads and other concrete structures could be used to clean up the air. How does it work? Read on for the details.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service