Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

A thread dedicated towards possible solutions rather than the rather pessimistic fare we engage in with much of our other communication.

Views: 1430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Mouse. This is a "must see".
P.S. to get a full screen view, go to google video, search for "7/7/2005 terrorist attacks in London", select the clip with a total length of 56:56
Title - IF I Were President

1. I would let the car companies go bankrupt
2. I would print enough money to pay off the Fed and shut em dowm (very little inflation0
3.I would create a vocational school system - college is not the only path for our children !!

My ten year old is compiling the rest of the list

La souris est sous la table
Le chat s'en fout
On a serious note - I hear that there was a Panic in the stock market yesterday as people thought the gov was gonna nationalize de banks. White house quickly denied this. Do they speak zeeeeee truth??? And what if they did?
They already have nationalized the banks. They only need to make it official.
The Post-Money Paradise
Consider a world in which the air is clean, the water pure, and the landscape unmolested but replete with verdurous splendour. A world, bereft of the virulence of the malevolent gods, home to an enlightened people united in compassion and existing in cooperation; a global palace of abundance, of universal satiety and unfettered happiness. Such a paradise could only be possible in the absence of money. And the abolition of money could only be made possible in the absence of the toxic few that currently reside aloft the pyramidal power structure.
Urine diversion toilets providing fertilizer

It’s been more than 100 years since Teddy Roosevelt wondered aloud whether “civilized people ought to know how to dispose of the sewage in some other way than putting it into the drinking water.” The Zhang family toilet is not the perfect answer to Roosevelt, as it still uses some water, though 80 percent less than a regular flush toilet uses. But at least it’s the result of someone asking the right questions.
Interesting article! I looked up Jac Wilsenach ( they said he was South African) and find that he is working for our Council for Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) ... he says more here. I will keep my eyes open for a prototype model.
Yep... a lot of paradigms would shift if people got their shit together... or separate, as the case is.

Trying to be a positive upbeat guy (really difficult)... I checked out a bunch of education stuff and ran into Dave Eggers' Once Upon a School. The website is here: http://onceuponaschool.org/

To that end, thinking about setting up another "social networking" site the stoods can visit and y'all can help them learn how to be gadfloggers like us. They still aint hip to bringing links to the party... and the gnarly skoolware gets in their way. Then again... when full-blown depression hits... i may have no stoods.
I was over at my neighbor's place fillin' up on bottled water, beer and beverages nobody needs... he was selling bottled drinkables out of his garage for the longest time, recently put his tractors and everything that belonged to them out to pasture and turned his barn into a bonafide beverage shop with a sign showing the opening hours and all. He's a farmer of sorts. One like so many of 'em, he gave up farming mainly because his kids weren't interested in helping him any.

So I get me my three crates of assorted beverages and I asks old Friedrich "I'm lookin' for a small plot of fertile land nearby, is there any chance you have somethin' you could sell me?" to which he replied "what the hell you want land for, youngin'?" "To do some gardening..." I said. "Forget it" he said "Too much work involved. Me and the wife worked ourselves almost into the ground for as long as we can remember and now we done gave it all up. We get hungry nowadays, we go to Aldi and get our turnips, potatos and greenbeans....all ya gotta do is heat em up and eat em." He went on to tell me how hard it is to keep the weeds down, the bugs out and the critters off the food you're growing. I asked him politely one more time "you may be right but I'm still lookin' for a place to start my garden."

Once he finally caught on to what I was getting at, he said "ah, you're thinkin' the shelves at Aldi will someday be empty and you won't have anything to bite. That's it, right?" Smart old fart. He went on ..."all ya need to survive is bread. It doesn't have to be fresh. That's what we lived off back in the 30s and we were six kids with seven adults in one house."

Bread. A solution?

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service