Reality Based Community

Life in the Empire

A thread dedicated towards possible solutions rather than the rather pessimistic fare we engage in with much of our other communication.

Views: 1430

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats. Obama stimulated me right outta an extra 5k this year. 'Course, it woulda helped if I had paid some estimated taxes on the extra income I brought in last year. But who knew I was going to make so much money for nuttin'. Wife says, we made how much?...it sure doesn't feel like it. I sez, welcome to the middle class...don't you know???....we be carryin' the whole fucking load.

No worries though. I haven't made squat this year. And we're pullin da kid outta the money grubbin private school where they've been teaching him how to become a god fearin' criminal. So we don't have that added expense anymore--thank you Jesus.

Hey Waldo, you must be gettin' close to those lazy days on SSI. Don't mean to push you any closer to the grave, but aren't you almost 62? Or is it 62 and a half? I dunno.
How do you figure obama cost you 5k? he's wasn't responsible for last years taxes. I am going to pay a little this year because i no longer have a dependent child to increase my earned income credit. self employment taxes will get me. even my health insurance which is though NASE doesn't help me, though it reduces my income to nearly zero, you still have to pay SE tax (which is social security).

SSI is not the same as social security btw,
In reply to the Danish report, depending on how many Danes saw this, it may have a big impact in Denmark and the northern edge of Germany where many understand Danish. It will take more coverage to get the same message out to others and I would expect one of the German TV shows to pick up on this but also for the boulevard press to play it down and ridicule it - in the name of the complicent (sp?) German Govt. or better, special agencies which would much rather see this story go away. I once said that once the world is presented with facts which show 9/11 was at least a LIHOP type inside job, the world would turn on the USA, like overnight but for that to happen, millions of brainwashed minds would have to short circuit out of the lies they have been believing for the past ten years. 90% of us aren't willing or able to mentally survive short circuits like this. Some have had their fair share of mental ping pongs and as a result, are more apt and able to accept the unacceptable once presented with such evidence. Let me phrase this in a way you might better understand....minds presented with illusions or halucinations on a regular basis tend to see through the shit and get the real picture more easily than minds that are seeing illusions or halucinations for the first time. Or, your first trip is always your strongest one. After that, your mind will refuse to be bull-shited the way it was the first time. Oh, and believe me, we have loads of experienced minds in Europe.
Envy all around. I would just love to be part of the project. Just think of all the useful things you can now make & bake.

P.S. this is in reply to Hannah's raku kiln entry.
i know, it has reenergized our little art community here. centering centers you, that's for sure, and now we have what is almost instant gratification- though we don't have quite enough successful thrown pots for an afternoon's fire....come help!

http://oath-keepers.blogspot.com/2009/03/oath-keepers-declaration-of-orders-we.html

"The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them. The fate of unborn Millions will now depend, under God, on the Courage and Conduct of this army" - Gen. George Washington, to his troops before the battle of Long Island

Such a time is near at hand again. The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the Courage and Conduct of this Army - and this Marine Corps, This Air Force, This Navy and the National Guard units of these sovereign states.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, peace officers, and veterans who swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic … and meant it.

Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and that oath will be kept. We won’t “just follow orders."
That theme tune from 'the last of the mohicans' really goes well with that little video.
again music lends too much credibility to a video, sorry, but this is just manipulation IMHO

oh, and i LOVE the music from that movie, that and dances with wolves....it's the music (it's the water)
http://gatheringofeagles.org/

before y'all get all hopeful, this guy has the gathering of eagles link prominently displayed on this blog. these are NOT good people, and were on the sidelines at the dc marches i was in, and at many protests around the country. they were involved in the beating up of my friend Carlos Arredondo, Sept 2007. NOT GOOD GUYS. They were invited to the white house by bush that same time, with Free Republic and other rightwing groups, for a breakfast....i have all their pictures with condi, cheney, bush, etc....

please, follow the gathering of eagles link

ps, i googled stewart rhodes, the oathtaker guy, and gathering of eagles and got this
He told WND he is scheduled to talk about the issue on G. Gordon Liddy’s radio program tomorrow at 10:30 a.m. Eastern Time, and he’s begun working with “Gathering of Eagles” on several projects, including a Pro Troop Events gathering scheduled in Washington in June.

and like someone said, where have they been for the last 8 years. it smacks of gun rights not civil rights. they sure don't care about mine.
Thank you, Hannah. I suspected as much and didn't even look at the video.

The clue was in the repetition of the words, "under god."
they are horrible, search youtube for gathering of eagles, carlos arredondo

i have been revisitng them since going to the oathkeepers site, and my stomach is back in the same upset condition it was for months after my face to face experiences with them.....some of you might not know i was there when carlos was beaten.

their protection of the american public would not extend to most on this site i can tell you!
Thank you Hannah, I've passed that on.

A bit of romantic music and......
oh dear. This is real. What a shame.
I thought it was all a dream.
So much is tainted and twisted.

RSS

© 2024   Created by waldopaper.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service